Bilateral THR Put2pasture is now garose2hip in recovery!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you @Vetgirl and @MajorHeidi, I appreciate your support and backing, glad I can forge through and answer and ease any fears on the taboo subject of intimacy. Have either of you had any pain in your buttocks, especially the side you had the hip surgery on? I have pain in both of my buttocks as I had both replaced, but do not know if it is related or if it is related to moving more and using those muscles in my butt checks..........no not from having sex!!! Did feel those muscles in my legs after having sex for the first time after 2 months though used some muscles that had been on "vacation" for a while! On another note, I have been trying to take longer/wider strides, I can feel that with every step in my hips.............Thanks
 
May have to do PM so not to step on anyone's toes..Adults action like immature children. Don't understand it myself, we talk about everything, head to toe, what is the problem with sex discussions, we, I assume are all going to attempt it again, especially if we were active before and we have fears.......shaking my head.
 
Hi Roseann @GaRosehippy I have had pain in my bottom on the operated side but its like deep inside. I just picture it's the joint or overuse of the gluteus muscle. In PT they always were getting me to squeeze my buttock

In your case it would make sense that you would have it on both sides!!!!
 
Rose I edited your picture to take out the unnecessary black bits top and bottom.
Do not know the exact reason other then a certain position of the hips while squeezing the ball!
Since they know the size of the ball, they can estimate any wear or movement in the balls in your hip joints. Diameters vary from xray to xray as radiographers don't always have the tube>plate distance set the same and they can be magnified from one film to another.
 
May have to do PM so not to step on anyone's toes..Adults action like immature children. Don't understand it myself, we talk about everything, head to toe, what is the problem with sex discussions, we, I assume are all going to attempt it again, especially if we were active before and we have fears.......shaking my head.
Rose and everyone else. It's not a question of treading on people's toes but of maintaining a mature sense of decorum. Would you have these conversations in front of a roomful of total strangers in a restaurant or the theatre or church even? I think not. You have to remember that we have literally thousands of visitors on this forum every day and some are more sensitive than others. It doesn't give this site a good reputation to have some of these comments posted.

Of course I have no objection to sex being discussed. It's a natural part of hip and knee recovery and yes, I have a thread in the Library complete with diagrams about it! But there have been some comments which I think are just not appropriate for 'polite' company! Here are some examples from this thread. Now I'd like to impress upon you all that I am NO PRUDE! I enjoy blue jokes as much as anybody (have to, I live in the North East of England!) but I'd really, really appreciate it if you would avoid the more graphic imagery and comments - please.

not even so worried about the "regular action" but that "wonderful release"
The head of the PT will suspect -- I told him they need to add that "recreational therapy" to their protocol.
we have had one or two laughing so hard just about peed their pants!
I can not wait to get back in the saddle, it will be interesting to say the least, just waiting to see what the OS has to say tomorrow as to if I can starting tomorrow night! Fingers crossed, YIPPEE KI YI YEAH, I promised my DH that I wouldn't use spurs!
the ability to "spread" or "assume the position"!
the endorphin release was AWESOME,
I have to admit that I had my DH all over the bed! I was on top, power and control!!
The rocking was not as intense as in the past,
Tried the spooning, okay but I want/need more. I am eager to try the chair/couch sitting position. We also have a new Enclave that needs to be broke in down some private back road! LOL We can compare notes if willing. Not ashamed.
Maybe TMI but I am simply amazed at the positions that new hip will go! For so long before surgery we just made do with same old missionary with me unable to move left leg. Now, though it's a tad weak, it moves just fine to the side and up and around. I have not tried on top yet ........ That is still a little scary ..... Especially with my surgeon out of town on holiday. Lol
I was looking for the "real stuff" since
Girl you gotta go on top, that is where all the power and control is, get up on the saddle, if I can do it with BTHR you can do it with LTHR!

I'm not going to edit any of these posts but this is fair warning that from now on, any posts that come under the TMI barrier will be edited or deleted without notice. Sorry, but that's the way it's always been on this forum (and most others I've been on or staffed on) and it's not going to change.


@GaRosehippy I do applaud you for your wonderfully witty posts and terrific sense of humour. I really had a good laugh reading through this thread! Thank you for that! But I would be eternally grateful if you would take a few seconds to split some of your larger posts into paragraphs! Don't know about anyone else, but I find large blocks of text very hard to read. But then I am OLD! :old:
 
I went away to do some washing up and was thinking about this and that maybe I could have put this clearer.

So think of it this way, suppose I invited you all into my home - would you carry on such a conversation using the terms and phrases I quoted above? Would you do so in anyone else's home? Or in church?

Well this is my forum. I may not own it as such but it's my forum and my baby and has been since June 8, 2007. I have the right to choose what is and is not appropriate in here and I am asking you - politely - to moderate your style of language out of respect to me and to all my other 'guests'. And this does NOT mean the topic itself is banned.

I would also point out that all this is covered in the Forum Rules which you agreed to abide by when you registered on this forum. I tend to work on the assumption that you are all adult and respectable people who will stand by such a promise when it is given.

This is the rule concerned

2. NO PORNOGRAPHY:
Includes any and all pornographic, sexually offensive, sexually explicit or objectifying material or language. Simple rule.
 
:goodpost:@josephine I still think I'm in love with you! I understand what you are saying about the graphic nature of some of the content. I did find it informative, though, I must say. But, maybe a little less descriptive would work!
 
@Josephine ...I am apologizing for offending your forum, you and any other "followers". To be honest when I first found this site I was so excited to find so many others in the same situation that I didn't read the "rules". I was desperate as I only guess that most of the others were/are too. I do appreciate all the wonderful advice and links given on this site it was/is most helpful. I am sorry for being the writer that I am and will limit my future postings to short subtle comments. I am respectable, however in the company of friends who know me I am who I am. I do not compare this site to a church by far as I would not discuss my poo at church. I also know it is impossible to follow everyone or read everyone's story as I tried in the beginning, the hippies/newbies that I have bonded with seem to have similar personalities, I could be wrong. I am sorry for the length of this, but was trying to address all the issues. I would never consider you a prude and have to give you credit for your 7 years of faithful service and wonderful information. Are the PM's monitored or are we able to discuss personal things without offending or breaking rules? The End. Rose
 
Roseann, you may discuss anything you want in a Private Message. The only thing we ask is that it be primarily more sensitive information that you would not post on the public forum. This is because we'd like to keep as much information out here for members and guests as possible. So, please do try to use the public forum primarily for your posts!
 
I too have had pain in my buttocks....but she'...wait, better not say that....but yes...pain in my buttocks too...it is a deep pain at times. I haven't had it the last couple days, but it is when I walk more I think is when it is more prevalent.
 
:boohoo:@Plumberbutt ...thanks Brian, called the OS this morning, most pain I have had in a month, both buttocks, said it would go away in time, "only 6 weeks out". Also cooler weather and rain, and the top of my leg straight down 6-8 inches where the "shaft" was implanted inside the femur is "sore or achy" to touch, the PA said that weather can still affect the hips even after being replaced. Just hurt a lot today, tomorrow should be a better day.
 
Thanks everyone for the clarification of the sex topic.

@GaRosehippy I think Josephine meant to break your paragraphs up into small paragraphs as it is easier to read than longer ones on the screen. She didn't mean to shorten the length of your posts
 
Yes....Sally, you are correct. We always appreciate it when folks make shorter paragraphs with a double space between them. It makes reading long posts so much easier. We have absolutely NO PROBLEM with long posts!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom