Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral THR Put2pasture is now garose2hip in recovery!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see you talking about your clearance for other activities on other threads....any updates!!!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
 
Looking forward to an update (about your THR recovery, just to clarify!!!!)

Wishing all our recovering hippies a happy Easter.
 
SEX was awkward, interesting a learning experience! We took our time, how is this, how is that, does this hurt, is that do much........no swinging from the chandelier for sure. I know that it will get better each time. My hips did not bother me while making love, however the next day they were extremely "ACHY" I had the discomfort that you have after knowing you over did it the day before. By the 2nd day all was back to normal. It is not perfect, but then it wasn't perfect before I had this surgery because of the pain and the ability to "spread" or "assume the position"! LOL Thought I would add a little comedy to it. We both were nervous. Nice rainy day today and had the day off, so there was some cuddling, but not sex even though we had the go ahead, it was just nice to snuggle and touch, just knowing that we "can" now seems to make a difference. My DH knows that my hips were hurting the next day so he was very considerate today, perhaps tomorrow or Sunday we will get it another try. As you HIPPIES know each day is usually better then the last, so we shall see what comes up! Any questions let me know!
 
Mmmmm......SEX can be good again. I certainly appreciate sharing experiences. Smiling ......


Sheryl from Pittsburgh
LTHR on 4/2/2014
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
@GaRosehippy I was just catching up on your thread and I am laughing out loud! I am late to the party to cheer you on for your first time getting back in the saddle, but it sounds like you did great!
I'm single so I can live vicariously through your stories on that. :heehee:

I was also laughing out loud reading about the rooster and assorted cats and dogs in the bed with you! You are just hysterical! :rofsign:

Your recovery and progress has been nothing short of amazing!
I am whining about dealing with just one and you make bilateral look easy!

You are an inspiration to me and I'm sure everyone else on BS!
 
@GaRosehippy Roseann, I appreciate your frankness! I am somewhat worried about having sex again, so it was nice to read your story. I know we will figure it out...we always do. I still have 2 weeks before my restrictions are lifted, so I have a bit of a wait. I am just hoping that my new hip will give me more ROM and I will be able to "assume the position", as you so aptly put it! Before this surgery, I had taken to putting my legs straight up in the air to have sex, (it was the only way I could do it, :heehee: but I won't be able to do that anymore without fear of dislocation :yikes:, so here's hoping for that new ROM. (Probably too much information in this post, but what the heck, we're all adults here!) :horseriding: I know we'll be nervous, too, so thanks for paving the way!
 
Like you said we are all adults on here and I had questions and fears about sex, but that is taboo for some on discussing or else they just don't feel brave enough to share. I personally feel that we have shared everything elso on here, I think sharing my weaknesses and fears were harder than discussing attempting having sex again! Have to break the mold somewhere......
 
@bottomshollow ....Thank you for the links, enjoyable reading on such a wet and dreary day in Georgia. I think sex is just going to be a little bit down the road as far as no pain since I had both hips done at the same time. In the back of my mind there is still that fear of the aftermath....I remember how much pain I was in after sex before I had the surgery. I was always in the mood, the endorphin release was AWESOME, but later I would be just in agony and tears from the after shock! I was in a more "achy state" the day after and it was enough that in my head I said that wasn't going to happen for another week or so. It is terrible to want to do something so badly yet have that inner fear. I think it is at a point even when I start to initiate sex we both kind of freeze up, he is afraid of hurting me and I am afraid of just hurting again........I know time will heal all wounds and hopefully we will be able to enjoy and have a repeat of our mid 30's when sex was at a drop of a hat, man those were some amazing years!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Put2pasture is now garose2hip in recovery!
@GaRosehippy, the day is coming when you won't be thinking of your hips at all---just the good time you're having!:heehee:
 
Yay @GaRosehippy thanks for going where everyone wants you too but no one does!!!!

We all joke and giggle about it but we all have real concerns. I think hubby is thinking that he will never have sex again. With my infection I was too tired and unwell, then when I felt better he was overseas, he got back and I had surgery!!!! I think I'm a virgin again!!!!:blush: We were just getting back into it when I got I'll but I'll share some of the best ways since you have too

We found a cushion next to/ a bit under the operated leg was best. I didn't really move it once it was positioned and let the other leg move around. The best one initially (and now one of hubby's favourites) is lying on the unoperated leg on my side and he spoons me!!!

Hope that helps...it does get better....we thought a chair would have worked well too!!!:giggle:

Thanks for sharing xxx
 
@Vetgirl and @Dmcfad2 .....Really if we were living close to each other we would have already had a girls night out and had a blunt discussion of all this. I have to admit that I had my DH all over the bed! I was on top, power and control!! Anyway I had to put a pillow under my right knee, that was the knee I had arthroscopic surgery on in September, still tender. The rocking was not as intense as in the past, hands on the hips had to be relocated a few times in the spur of the moment, but in the back of my mind was still the thought of I am going to regret this tomorrow, fear and pain. Too numb having sex with the pain meds, too much work with out any reward so why bother! Just my opinion. I did hurt the next day, could really tell, I had overdone it. Tried the spooning, okay but I want/need more. I am eager to try the chair/couch sitting position. We also have a new Enclave that needs to be broke in down some private back road! LOL We can compare notes if willing. Not ashamed.
 
Maybe TMI but I am simply amazed at the positions that new hip will go! For so long before surgery we just made do with same old missionary with me unable to move left leg. Now, though it's a tad weak, it moves just fine to the side and up and around. I have not tried on top yet ........ That is still a little scary ..... Especially with my surgeon out of town on holiday. Lol


Sheryl from Pittsburgh
LTHR on 4/2/2014
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
@GaRosehippy @Dmcfad2 @Me2 JEALOUS :bawl::bawl::bawl:

Glad you are all having fun....you gave me a bit of a laugh Roseann with the image of having your hubby all over the bed!!!!

Keep up the good work girls!!!!
 
@Dmcfad2 .....went to the link, what is with the stiff pink and blue dummies, I was looking for the "real stuff" since they did a "study"! @Me2.... Girl you gotta go on top, that is where all the power and control is, get up on the saddle, if I can do it with BTHR you can do it with LTHR! Never TMI if anything not enough! @Vetgirl ...I am serious, we were like two fumbling teenagers! It was just weird, when you have tried everything at least once, have a very secure relationship and great partner, after BTHR it was like starting all over again! LOL It was just that he didn't want to hurt me, I didn't want to hurt me, but we both wanted it to be like the old days before the pain and limitations started. Its hard when you are sexually compatible for so long then you hit this "bump" in the road, not because you are bored or hormones or kids, but because of pain and fear of hurting or your partner is afraid of hurting you. You just kinda find other ways and make due and the gap in between widens in time, then this wonderful medical technology comes along and you have this bionic hip or hips and you are just so eager to have that wonderful intimacy back in your life, so yes we were groping and tossing and flipping and flopping, and this big old king size bed got every angle tried out. Next time will be better I promise. and the next and the next......Okay gonna end this, my imagination gets me in trouble!!!! Glad I can keep you gals going, it makes my day too! Love yall
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom