Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral THR Put2pasture is now garose2hip in recovery!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow that is pretty pathetic, I just read my "journal" and I sound like I need to be put in a padded room, although the pain I have been experiencing in the past 48 hours has been off the charts with the allergy limitations to my body and finding something to give ease to the torture.

I have had a low grade fever for 4 days, chest congestion, pain in buttock, hips, thighs, quads and knees. I was doing pretty well, then just trying to stand up hurt and I felt too weak to pull my body up. My children have been helping me to stand and sit, wiping my tears and comforting me that it will all be worth it in the long run. I explained to the home health nurse that the pain was constant and I could no longer get it under control, she said we would call the OS tomorrow to see what can be done. I have elevated, iced and PT, even simple stretches while in bed, I am hurting still, no relief. Knees are burning in pain don't even want to bend on their own.

Those who are checking up on me Thanks. In a moment of desperation and relief, the schnapps seemed the least harmful. Nurse came today she called the Primary who called in a z-pack for sinus/upper respiratory. Coughing up icky stuff, still low grade fever, ache all over. The rain has stopped, just dreary. I stayed in bed pretty much most of the day, just up to do a lap or two to the fridge or potty. Trying to drink lots of water, no appetite.

Pain is still there, not like the last 2 days. I did take 2 Tylenol today, the nurse said it should be ok. I just ache.

On a brighter note, which is something we all hope to hear and enjoy, while looking out the window in my guest bedroom I watched 5 turkeys cross down the driveway, now that the rain has stopped they are moving, hunting season is around the corner. It was comical because 2 of my cats were just sitting in the yard looking at them make their way around.

Gonna shower and crawl under the electric blankie, staples come out Thursday after a 2 ½ hour drive/ride I am not looking forward to. These hurdles will pass soon, look forward to getting back on track. Thanks my friends.
 
I am still waiting for that "rest" that so many have talked about, sleeping so much. I am jealous, I would love to sleep, just can't because the pain has never gotten under control. I know there has to be something out there that would ease the pain and not kill me, I know I am not the only person who has allergies to opiates. How much Tylenol can be taken on a 24 hour period?
 
Sorry you are having a hard time. It is dreadful today in GA. Just when I think spring is here... cold and rain. What hospital was your surgery? Hope you feel better soon! You are in my thoughts and prayers.
 
I'm so sorry you are going through this pain....and a respiratory problem. I hope that the OS can find something for you to control your pain! You can't rest, sleep, retain an appetite or heal if you are in pain. I can't imagine that Tylenol... no matter what you take, could possibly touch it! Oooh, I'm thinking of you and please update soon! On a positive note, it does sound like you have great help and can find some good with the bad... wildlife gazing and pets, it can make your day!
 
Hoping that you can get some good relief from your pain....at least then you may get some much needed sleep ....hold on...it will get better in the long fun as your children say. Sleep deprivation drives anyone to distraction. Thinking of you and hoping things get better soon. Chrissie xxx
 
Pain was a twinge better till this evening, it had been 8 hours since my last dose, but I could not wait another 4 hours so just took the morphine and ambien 2 hours ago and am still going strong. The PT came today she just seems to think I am in a pickle due to my allergies, if it weren't a constant pain it would be okay, easier to deal with and it is deep, not where the incision site is, I can rub that, poke at it, doesn't hurt. The exercises don't hurt except for the sliding outward and pulling the foot up to a bent knee position. I did doze a bit this afternoon after PT, had a friend come by and visit, still not enough of an distraction, pain is constant like a throbbing tooth ache with every beat of your heart you feel it. Swept, mopped, did dishes, load of laundry and cooked my self 2 eggs, can't just sit still pain is all consuming. Tomorrow is a new day. Can't get any worse to let's look for the silver lining. Good night my friends.
 
Sorry you are having a hard time. It is dreadful today in GA. Just when I think spring is here... cold and rain. What hospital was your surgery? Hope you feel better soon! You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Had the surgery in Reidsville, Georgia
 
So sad for you that you're in this much pain. What about calling the hospital ward where you were to see if they can help. Hope the pains are easing a bit. Hang on it has to get better soon. People here are thinking of you ;-)

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2
 
How much Tylenol can be taken on a 24 hour period?
Actually, it's in the Library if you look! But the maximum pre 24hrs is 4,000mg. But do check to make sure nothing else you are taking has acetaminophen in it as that counts too.
 
How are you doing today? I had all my preop testing today at the hospital. Lot's of stuff.
Did you get a pneumonia shot? The RN recommended it; will ask GP and probably get it.....
 
@GaRosehippy Have you checked into the possibility of taking Tramadol for your pain? It is not an opiate and would definitely be better than just Tylenol. You need pain relief!! And...hon....you are not doing yourself any favors by trying to distract yourself from the pain with activity like sweeping, mopping, doing dishes and washing clothes. That makes things worse. Be sure you are resting, icing and elevating as much as possible. Ice constantly (as long as you keep a towel between you and the ice source). It really helps with pain.
 
Well I'm still alive! Went to Savannah on Thursday to get the staples removed, just the trip about 300 miles in all back and forth was exhausting! Did not see the OS, only saw the PA who removed the staples and said I was good to drive and that I could do anything but ride a motorcycle, go horseback riding or jump out of a plane! Soooo I guess I am good to go! Have a follow up in 4 weeks, guess that is the time to do the xrays and check out his handy work. My husband has been sick for a while, I moved out of our bedroom a week before my surgery as he was sick and I could not afford to get it, although I tried to play doctor, he is very stubborn, he would not seek medical attention..............so all day Thursday he was in terrible pain, abdomen swollen, pain at his rib cage, he sneezed and just about passed out from the pain. We got home late Thursday night, but got him into the dr.'s by noon on Friday...........xrays, bloodwork, examined and has come up with Pleurisy! Poor stubborn fool, he will listen to me next time! Probably had pneumonia, sac lining around the lung is inflamed so when he coughs, sneezes or laughs it's like he is having a heart attack! So strong antibiotic, other drugs, antiflamitorys, rest and hopefully it will be better in a few days to week. Me........same primary, put me on a stronger antibiotic, was thrilled with my new hips, said I was doing wonderful. My blood pressure has remained low since the replacement so I may never have to use meds for that again. Just a different kind of pain he says too. I actually slept all day today and getting ready to crash soon. No new drugs, just been popping the Tylenol, the rest helped. I have used the walker very little, the OS is all for that, my biggest issue is that first step or two after standing up. Once I get going I am pretty good. Stopped at my senior center on Thursday before the appt. and saw all my seniors, they were so happy to see me, each one hugged me, some had tears, it was wonderful, made me want to go back to work the next day!!! They are my family. I am able to sweep, have done dishes, cooked a meal or two, not a three course meal, but real food. I think another 2 weeks off and I am going back to part time for a couple more. I think the work place is better for me. I have been sleeping on my side, little more tender with the staples out, but it just felt good to sleep. Keep ya posted, night from GaRose!
 
Wow! Sounds like you are able to do a lot! That is very encouraging, as I worry about my upcoming THR. :umm:Hope you continue to feel better each day!
 
@GaRosehippy you sound wonderful! What a great report! So pleased that you are doing so well! I am sorry to hear about your husband's illness, though. Husbands are so stubborn about going to the doctor, aren't they!
 
@GaRosehippy Roseann, you are doing great!
That was a very long trip to get your staples out, but glad the PA released you.
Hope your DH recovers from that awful pleurisy soon. Do you have to take antibiotics because he has that?
Also, did you get a pneumonia shot? They are suggesting I get one, and I think I will when I go to the GP appt.
Happy for your sweet visit at the senior home.
Hugs
 
@MajorHeidi .........Regarding the antibiotics.......I left the hospital with a low grade fever, kept it for several more days then finally the green stuff, blowing and coughing. The home nurse called my primary the Monday of last week and they called in a zpack antibiotic, but when the DH went to see the primary on Friday, I told him that I was still doing green stuff so he ordered me a stronger antibiotic to kick the upper resp. butt!! It is Augmentin which is very hard on your digestive tract, even though I have been taking probiotics and yogurt, morphine too, my tummy is not happy! DH is not much better, I have never seen him exhibit such pain and all that from a sneeze, been trying to keep him taking the otc antihistamines so he won't, the pollen is terrible right now in Georgia, it will just take time for him. I had the pneumonia shot years ago, but it is like every 10 years or you have to be over a certain age. I say take it if it is offered, I was hospitalized at the age of 30 for 8 days with pneumonia, dr. said if I hadn't gone when I had I would have been dead within 24 hours. There are some bad strains no matter how healthy you are. Also I take the flu shot because I deal with the elderly who are more at risk. Not everyone agrees with the flu shot, it is an individual case I guess. For the rest of you guys, I am feeling stronger every day. Have not used the walker since Friday. I have much more energy in the mornings and am worn out by bedtime. It's amazing but I find that when I am in the recliner or even lying on the bed that I am happier with my knees bent up. In the recliner I am spreading them at times and it doesn't hurt, that is with my knees bent also. My first step or two is shaky, but I find myself doing less and less of the waddle. I visited my pet chickens and collected the eggs, it was a beautiful day today, I even cooked dinner, venison with potatoes and green beans, felt good to eat real food. I am far from perfect, but with each day I know I am getting stronger and stronger.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom