Bilateral THR Put2pasture is now garose2hip in recovery!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@GaRosehippy I hope you and DH get some relief from the UR issues; soon!
Thanks for the guidance on the pneumonia vaccine. I will get it from the GP next week.
I have been getting annual flu shots for a decade, and got this one already.

What kind of chickens do you have? Are the eggs pretty? Do they taste super fresh? Yum.
Glad you can feel yourself improving daily. woohoo!
 
@MajorHeidi.....Rested a lot today, but again am feeling stronger, going by the office tomorrow. I did 7 stairs up and down our back deck into the back yard to the chicken coop. Another day without the walker, legs less shaky today, I actually cut my own toe nails if that tells you how I am able to bend, YIPPEE!!!! My chickens are pets, mutts, last summer while caring for my DMIL from colon cancer surgery, she had them running all over the neighborhood. Two lovely hens with about 24 chicks between them just scurrying around, then one day one hen disappeared and the other was left with all the chicks then the next day the other hen disappeared, figured it was a huge owl in the cypress tree or cats, slowing the chicks started disappearing so our wonderful 15 yr old daughter at the time decided to start chick napping.....first one, then two, then I caught one, then my husband caught 3 more, needless to say we returned to Georgia with 6 chicknapped chicks!!! We built them a coop and with 3 hens I have 3 small brown dark, light and cream colored eggs daily. One rooster that thinks he is a stud and trys all day to get to the girls and one rooster who thinks I am his hen and follows me around. He even will come into the house and fly onto the top of the parrots cage and roost. I let him for while then I take him outside and put him in a cage for the night. If he wouldn't crow at 1-2 in the morning I would let him stay roosted atop the parrot's cage, the other rooster met an untimely death. It was funny because my first night home I had 2 dogs, 3 cats and a rooster all on the bed with me, it was a warm feeling of being welcomed back home. Going into the office tomorrow at PT. Only 6 days of Coumadin left, home health care nurse will be done with me this week and PT too......Fly, be free! Had to take 1/2 b.p. pill today, the first in 3 weeks. I am truly feeling stronger, doing the Tylenol on the clock and morphine too.
 
@GaRosehippy , wow, so amazing how you have come along! I only had the one hip done and am 1 week post op today. Your story encourages me, thank you so much for sharing!
 
Well today was my last PT, she said that there wasn't any new tricks she could show me and to just keep doing what I was doing. I went into the office for 4 hours, first time driving was no big deal, but living in a little town there was no traffic or stress. Got to see all my beloved seniors and chat, they were amazed at how well I was doing. We were high fiving because I had put my own underwear and pants on! LOL Amazing the goals we have after hip replacement! I came home and had help fixing venison tacos, dishes and truly I can say I am tired. I so wanted all the rest that most get, but that wasn't a possibility as I had to work through the pain. It is supposed to be really cold, down in the teens with the wind chills so I am hoping that won't make me ache like with the old hips. We shall see.
 
Roseann, you are doing great!
I love love love your story about your rooster that loves you and follows you around.
And your bedroom story with all the animals. Sweet!
You are really progressing nicely. I hope to do the same as you. Way to go!
Nice that you are seeing your seniors, too; I am sure they miss you
 
@MajorHeidi........You have been so supportive in my journey, I will be there for you too. It will be wonderful when it is all over. I felt so good today, day 4 with no walker, legs not shaky, did the most with the PT. Went up and down the stairs off the back deck, even took them one foot at a time, I was so proud of myself getting my panties and pants on, like a huge achievement. I am better right now then I was before my surgery. I had to do one step with both feet and rails to pull myself up and down, had to dangle the panties to get them on, but today I felt stronger and not the same pain. I was able to get in and out of the suv easier than before and the tiredness I feel is even a different tired than I was used to. I may pay for it later tonight or even tomorrow, but I know that with a days rest I will still be ahead of the old me!
 
@MajorHeidi.....In response to my pets, it felt like Noah's Ark......can you imagine, dogs, cats and a rooster in my bedroom. Yes I am a very clean person, but it was just a fluke that they all showed up like a Welcome Home MOM! Today is very windy and the wind chill is supposed to drop so the beloved rooster made his way in, flew to the top of the parrot's cage to roost. I let him get warm and after a few hours I picked him up and put him in his cage on the back porch and covered it up to keep the wind out. I am truly blessed!
 
Well guys, another day down. Great news I was trying for a grant for a Community Garden for my senior center and it appears it came through, 5k! Yippee now my seniors will be able to garden in raised garden beds and have veggies to harvest. Living in a rural area our little grocery store closed down which made us a "food desert", so this will enable our seniors to grow and harvest fresh vegetables through out the year. Even though I am limited to the amount of work I can do, it gives me great satisfaction in knowing I was still able to complete this effort. Tomorrow is a luncheon to meet with local community supporters, please keep me in your thoughts that I will have the energy to attend and pass out all the information necessary to this group as we only meet every 3 months.
 
Hope your luncheon goes well @GaRosehippy...what a great thing you have started for the seniors...it must be so satisfying for you to get a great conclusion for your efforts...once you get there you will get renewed energy but make sure you rest when you get home...Take care..Chrissie xx
 
@GaRosehippy , you are such an inspiration to me! Thanks for posting your journey, I ready it always. I am a very busy person and it inspires me knowing you have been through what you have and still are able to do these things. So glad things are going well for you, and the Community Garden sounds like an amazing thing for all concerned...:thumb:
 
Hey BS'ers that might be following me just an update. Today is day 30 post op. I have not had to use the walker or assistance in 16 days now. Finished PT and home health care nurse finished the 28th. Finished Coumadin last Monday so off blood thinners. I have been back to the office for 2-3 hours a day for the past week and I have enjoyed getting out to a different scenery, it feels good to be needed instead of needing. I am able to get in and out of my daughter's Nissan Altima which I could not get in and out of the last month or so before the surgery. I only have some discomfort when I am getting into the passenger side, just the angle of movement I think. I actually used the regular toilet today as my lifted seat was in a bathroom occupied. It wasn't bad at all getting up and down, still like the extra height I will admit. I was wondering does any "hippie" still have more sensitivity when it rains? I used to hurt more when it rained before surgery, but I find that I feel a bit more "achy" on the days it rains still. Just wondering if anyone else feels the weather still. Other than that I am on the road to a new life. I am not crying every day like I used to before surgery, I am not hollering out at night when I turn from side to side. I have decided to wear maxi dresses and palooza pants since they do not crease or rub the incision site, feels like I am wearing jammies to work! Thanks for all the support through these times good and bad.
 
Well I notified my boss that I would be officially working 4 hours a day until the OS releases me. I am tired after just 4 hours so I wonder if he does release me if I can do a full work day. I worked 4 hours today, picked up my 16 yr old daughter, took her the beauty parlor, McDonalds, pharmacy then home, took care of the chickens then told everyone I WAS DONE for the day. Took a morphine, cup of hot tea and am officially kicked back in the bed catching up the BSer's
 
Wow...you are doing so well @GaRosehippy....back to work, shopping, feeding chickens....good on you!! Great photo too! So glad you have had such a good recovery and have shared it too...but make sure you rest too as your positive outlook would be missed by all...Chrissie xx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
We'll done, but watch out for the energy drain, it is so easy to push our boundaries when we don't have the bone on bone pain :)
 
@GaRosehippy , so glad you are doing well! I am returning to work in a week and my only concern is that energy drain. I know it's gonna happen and I'm not sure what to do about it other that try and build myself up a little before going back. Make sure you get plenty of rest, you have been through an amazing journey, still healing! Happy for you :friends:
 
Ah finally found your recovery thread. So happy you are doing well. I have my small preschool/young school age program that we are going to do raised bed gardens for this summer. I've been back to work this week - lucky its in my home so I can work 2-3 hours then rest as needed. Planning the same for next week. My energy drain is funny -- I am full of energy until I'm not, no warning, just hit brick wall, so tired and need a rest, ice and elevate......
Enjoy the wonderful weekend .. . :flwrysmile:​
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom