Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral THR Put2pasture is now garose2hip in recovery!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely to hear from you @GaRosehippy..... Sorry you still having knee problems.... My hip has been amazing.. No pain at all but still having trouble with knee since op ( never before). That stiffness on standing does go away.... Eventually.
Loving the sound of all your produce.... The good life!!! By the way what's a cuke? We've had lettuce, lots of herbs and broad beans ....still waiting on tomatoes, beans & potatoes..
Hope the knee op goes well.... Chrissie x


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
@ HoppyNanny, Chrissie........a cuke is short for cucumbers....

@MajorHeidi, Claire, thanks for the note, hope you get over the bronchitis, it sucks having a cold in the summer, seems to last forever. Feel better soon my friend.

@Dieter.....Thanks for the line, nice to know you guys are checking up on me.

Bill and Sheryl.......you guys can always find me PM.......still so excited for you Bill the countdown is getting so close.
 
Hi Roseann, @GaRosehippy, just wanted to wish you luck with your knee surgery on 11th..I hope it all goes well and your recovery is rapid and successful this time. Sorry I didn't reply earlier but I've had a bad chest and cough which I'm still fighting off so haven't been on here lately.

I have an appointment with my OS on 11th Aug to see what he advises about my right knee. I'm back to walking badly and leaning over onto my new hip side as I can't put much weight onto my knee. I'm also back at work now and the standing all day isn't helping. I seem to be exhausted all the time these days!

I have to say your fruit and veg harvesting sounds wonderful. You are lucky to have so much fresh produce to use.

Take care and good luck for surgery. You will get through this bout and come out smiling! xx
 
Hi there @GaRosehippy....hope all goes well for you knee op today.....do let us know how you are getting on!
Cukes = cucumbers....of course! Thinking of you. Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Knee surgery over, wrapped from crotch to toes with huge dressing on the knee area until Monday at 4 when I go for PT. Had nausea, vomiting and no sleep till late yesterday afternoon. All my drugs say take with food or mild, can't do food or milk when you want to throw up!

Today is better slept last night with an ambien and didn't do pain meds until this morning. Feels like I am wearing long johns in July. Sponge bath I guess, impossible to try to maneuver a whole wrapped leg and attempt to shower. DH is out fishing, been babied enough, sent him out to the creek to enjoy the peacefulness of nature. Take care my friends.
 
Glad today feels better & that you had a good nights sleep....hope you are soon up and about & able to move on with recovery....
These damn bodies of ours!! Take care Chrissie xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
I hope you continue to feel better each day! Hot here in GA. I hope you are staying cool and relaxing. :)
 
Glad you got thru the rough part with the knee op, Roseann.
I know your hip surgery was rough, too for the beginning......
How was your PT?
Hope you are doing well now. Let us know......
:friends:
 
Wow, Roseann,
BTHR then Knee surgery, all within a couple months. And you are still in recovery,
and will be for quite a while, yet you want to live your life!
The hardest part of recovery can be the anxiety created because we think
that now that we are fixed we can just go back to our lives as if nothing
has happened.
and we all realize at some point that this is a journey, not a quick fix.
stay the course, and try to keep your head up. you have a very good handle
on what is going on, and you know that time is critical for your recovery.
your knee will recover quickly, and maybe take some attention from your
hips! but don't forget that the hips are going to take 18-24 mos for full
recovery. i have yet to reach 24 mos, and i can say i still have some more
healing to do.... even as active as i have been.
 
Thought I would pop in and drop a journal to update those interested in my status....Hips are doing AWESOME! My biggest issue is my knee. On August 1, 2013, while at work I tore the meniscus in my right knee. September 6th they did surgery and removed 60% of it. I did PT for 6 weeks, knee kept popping the whole time, never stopped. I kept having issues, could not bend, kneel, or squat. OS said that the popping was "trapped air", pain was scar tissue, after having several injections and xrays, they said they didn't know why I was still having issues.

So on the morning of my BTHR, March 7th I had them do a MRI on my knee. Two months later I met with the knee OS who said I had more of a tear and a bakers cyst. So another surgery was schedule for the 11th of July 2014. Now a year has passed, still not able to bend, kneel or squat, my quad has gotten very weak due to this. So I can only use a handicap toilet as my knee will not lift me up and down, issues getting in and out of a vehicle and anything involving getting up and down from a sitting position.

I incurred lots of pain during a PT session that had me in tears, knee was burning that was the 29th, I went to the OS on July 31st and they removed 37 cc's of fluid, put on Mobic, back to work, no restrictions, do PT, live my life.....I went back to the OS yesterday and again they removed 40 cc's of fluid this time....said I am "doing too much", "over doing it", placed me on restrictions, steroids and a stronger dose of Ultram, oh yeah and ordered a tens unit in an attempt to strengthen my quad!

Needless to say, the Physical Therapist says that my quad is "exceptionally weak", imagine that! I have to use a belt for several of the lifts as my quad will not lift my leg more then 6-10 reps on its own.

On a brighter side, I just became a "Certified Tai Chi Instructor" through the Arthritis Foundation, so I will be able to teach classes soon. It is my goal to teach everyone in my community who is interested from grade school to some of my seniors in their 90's and 100's! FREE of course, gotta pay it forward! Love to all!
 
Roseann -- great to hear a full update! Nah -- someone thinks you are doing too much! Not you!
 
So glad your hips are doing well & congratulations on getting certified for Tai Chi! Great news. Sorry you are having problems with your knee. I am having the same problem with my knee....it's such a downer when the hips are doing so well....hope you get some relief from it! Take care Roseann. Xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Hi dear @GaRosehippy Roseann!
Great stuff on the hips!
I hope your knee gets better for you and stronger, soon.
I like your Tai Chi certification, that sounds super. I would think your seniors will be happy to do that with you
as the instructor. You go girl!
 
Oh Roseann so great about your hips but that knee needs some more attention I am sure. It sounds like it's giving you a lot of trouble. Has there been any recent mention of a replacement? Or will a replacement help?
As far as the Tai Chi - can you pop over here to Australia and do classes? I would love to do Tai Chi but cannot find anyone local who runs classes!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom