Guest viewing is limited

TKR Put the right knee in...and then the left.

Wonderful that you are doing better today. Going home will be very tiring, but you know the drill! Don't forget pillows to elevate that leg on the way home!
 
Fortunately my friend drives a rav 4 which has great leg room in front (and I'd get car sick in back) so I'll be sore but ok. I'll definitely get maximum pain meds.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Great to hear from you Gertie and so happy to hear you seem to have moved past the nausea/dry heaves! Hope your journey to home goes smoothly tomorrow!:console2:
 
Great to hear from you so soon, Gertie ! Soon the first rough spots will be behind you. You've got this! Thumbs up for a smooth transition to your nest [emoji173]️


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@gertie, I'm glad to see you here on the other side :snork:

Looking forward to your adventures with knee #2.
 
@gertie Great to hear from you on the other side. Take it easy on the ride home and when you get home. Let us know how you are doing once you get settled. Remember, rest, elevate and ice! You have nothing more to do than getting to the bathroom for the next few days!
 
I am SO ready to go home! Everyone is nice and competent but I am so sick of needing to ring the bell and wait for an aide before I go to the bathroom or move to the chair.

So there!

I took a stand and said I wouldn't do the cpm today...and no one blinked an eye. Not sure why they're part of the routine. My os doesn't think they're of much use so I think it's a hospital protocol.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
It's amazing how often when we say, "No, won't do that," other people just go "Okay." Took me forty years to learn that lesson. I was raised to be a pleaser. The best part of having life experience is being able to say "No" and not care what anyone thinks. So liberating!
 
Good thing you are going home. You get to do what you want to do WHEN you want to...well almost, but more than at a hospital.
At home, I could be in panties and a T shirt most of the time. I could have food when I wanted, turn on light etcetc.
Wishing you a good and steady recovery!
 
Hah, Gertie, I like that display of feistiness! :heehee:
 
Glad to see you are feeling well enough to speak up for yourself. Hope you get to the comforts of your own home really soon!
 
Shower! Clean hair, clean body, ready to rock and roll.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
I can hear the "ahhhhhh" all the way here!
Good for you...and now for some random naps.
 
My first "no" was with Ralph the nursing assistant who was supposed to set me up. His response--a high five :).


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
You go, gertie! Keep everyone away from that newborn knee of yours! Great job!
 
Yahoo! Made it home and am now sitting in my rental recliner, air conditioner roaring, cat pacing around. Ride wasn't too bad although getting in and out of the car was a challenge, mostly because they want me to wear a soft brace until it's clear that quad muscles are firing. Just as we pulled into the driveway a thunderstorm rumbled overhead--not a lot of rain, thankfully, since I wasn't moving quickly.

All in all things went smoothly--felt like old home week with lots of familiar faces among the staff. Had a rougher start than last time, with the nausea post-surgery and lots of itching (turns out they include morphine in the spinal mix). But my body has been through a lot this year so I'm not surprised that this time was a bit harder.

Thursday was 2 times on the CPM, 2 visits to PT, lots of hurry up and wait to be escorted to the bathroom etc. PT at this hospital is fine--low key, no laying on of hands. They do have "targets" they want people to meet but don't seem to pressure folks much--so wheeled down to PT, ankle pumps, quad sets, measure extension, then take however long I need to do heel slides and get flexion measured then a walk back to my room. I mostly enjoyed it because it was a social time chatting with other patients.

One more trip to PT today to practice stairs and satisfy them I was safe with that, shower, and home. As with the last knee, pain is significantly less today than yesterday, which makes the homecoming easier.
 
best wishes for a good and comfortable recovery gertie. you're doing amazing so far.:flwrysmile:
 
Now that you're safe and snug, wishing you good rest and an uneventful, except for good events, recovery!
 
Gertie, what a fabulous report from your first day at home! :egypdance:
 
Great report Gertie! So glad you are home - I hope you have a wonderful, restful weekend with lots of time for naps and great pain management. It may take a bit to recover from what sounded like a very busy day but "there's no place like home" for that.:flwrysmile:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom