TKR Puffin is soaring into the sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear puffin,
I am so sorry you are going through such a long recovery:console2:I don't understand about
Adhesions, do they grow back ? I will wait for ski girls answer to you.
What did your O.S say about long-term results ? 3 months of P.T this must be good for you.
Building up your leg muscles.
Please try & enjoy the little things in life...I can't tell you not to be upset, But I:angel:
You can enjoy this Holiday Season !!!!!! I believe in miracles....you should too:puppysmooze:
Love,
Diana:xmas-tree::snows:
 
@puffin,
Hello! I am sorry to hear things are not going as well as they could be for you! Have you tried taking your thumbs and pushing down and in towards the scar where the adhesion's are? The latest PT that just released me had me doing that and I could feel the lumps, start to smooth out!:happydance:
 
Thank you @RestAssured - I will definitey try this method. How hard do you push on the adhesion - at the moment I have a very hard lump where the problem seems to be. One of the issues is that this particular spot seems to bleed a lot - in fact the scar from the surgery 3 weeks ago still bleeds if I knock it so I guess I should wait a few days to press on it

Look forward to hearing more about the Christmas miracle of capsie :angel:
 
Thanks @new knee in June - I am not sure what is going on as all looked well when I saw the OS last week and the staples were removed. One thing that might be an issue is that this small spot where I have the problem seems to bleed more than the rest - it bled for a month + after the TKR and still bleeds after the adhesion surgery 3 weeks ago if I knock the scar - so perhaps this bleeding makes it more prone to sticking

I will see how the rehab goes - although I am not allowed back into the pool until it is 100% healed

Thank you for thinking of me and we can hope for more Christmas miracles :angel: - although thankfully many people have already had one this year compared to how they felt 12 months ago pre-TKR
 
Puffin did you see the post from skigirl regarding her adhesions and the advice she was given when she had her adhesion removal surgery? It seems different from what your were told. Just wondering what you think about it.
 
Puffin, I just smile every time I see your icon.:)
 
Thanks @leejaa - I think the adhesions were originally caused by soft tissue bleeding post op - I had a very large hematoma that was bigger than my fist!
 
@leejaa thanks for tagging @skigirl - I fell asleep before I replied last night but I found her post very informative

Thanks for the information @skigirl - I never received any instructions to limit weightbearing so I may have overdone things although I have been icing a lot. The surgery was a lot more extensive than the OS was expecting and he had to go deep into the muscles to release internal muscle adhesions which he was not expecting. I have found some of the adhesion massage dvds on youtube and will give it a go. The good news is that I still seem to have better ROM than before surgery - it is just that the hard lump is causing discomfort
 
I would be a little leery of doing anything to a spot that is still bleeding---you don't want to stir that up. But, my pt also had me massage a hard lump and I could see the scar begin to move easier. But---I was completely healed when I was doing that--no scabs, no bleeding.
 
@puffin
Thinking of you this Joyous Season:console2:I want you to know, I :angel:For you & your recovery.
If I had a miracle to come true, I would gladly give it to you:) It's so funny how you can Love folks
Over a computer. But, this forum makes it so easy. Some of the nicest people I know are on
"Bone Smart":SUNsmile:
Love,
Diana:mer xm::snows::xmas-kitty:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Puffin is soaring into the sky
Hope you and yours have had a wonderful Christmas holiday with lots of family fellowship and sharing of gifts and lots of good food to eat.


I’ll be looking for you at the BoneSmart annual New Year’s Party. It’s been a very eventful year for most of us---and will be a very eventful year coming up for others of us looking forward to surgery in the new year.


Remember to bring food and drink to share---and pictures are always appreciated and loads of fun to share.


SEE YOU AT THE PARTY!!!!!
[Bonesmart.org] Puffin is soaring into the sky
bottomshollow
 
I would be a little leery of doing anything to a spot that is still bleeding---you don't want to stir that up. But, my pt also had me massage a hard lump and I could see the scar begin to move easier. But---I was completely healed when I was doing that--no scabs, no bleeding.

Yes Puffin I missed the part about the bleeding! I'm glad @skigirl caught it! I would avoid massaging it also until it completely healed!
 
Thank you @skigirl and @RestAssured for your scar tissue advice - it has been a long haul with this scar tissue removal as it has taken 6 weeks for the scar to heal completely as one tiny 1/4 inch bit refused to heal. But it finally healed last week and I was allowed back in the pool last Friday for aqua-therapy so I feel I have gone a little backwards with my recovery. I have started some cautious massage as there is a very hard lump attached to the area that had the bleeding problem so I am not sure what will happen. The scar was pretty big as they had to cut around 2/3 of the TKR scar.....

I have found the Christmas holiday good but also tough going - it was lovely doing things with the family but I found that even moderate activities such as short periods baking or sitting at the table with company left my poor knee swollen, in need of elevating and icing and generally in the ODIC

Hoping that other bonesmarties are having a wonderful new year
 
:happydance::happydance::spin::spin::dancy::dancy::egypdance::egypdance:

Woohoo - I did it - I did it - 7 months out and I walked outside without my walker for the first time - I followed @gazelle7777 lead and used my Nordic walking poles - a walk of around 20 minutes, By the end my knee was not really doing what i wanted but it was a big step forwards for me :tada:

Now I have to make the most of it before the snow arrives on Friday:snow dig:

Hope everyone is keeping warm and out of the floods
 
Fantastic. How wonderful for you but do stay out of the ODIC --not a fun club as we all know. Definitely a great start to 2014
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom