Guest viewing is limited

TKR Puffin is soaring into the sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Puffin. Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you and I do understand what you are going through. My knee has taken a turn for the worse too so I can appreciate your depression. As for the shin pain, I have that too - and it hurts considerably so it is important to get to the bottom of what is causing your pain there.

I agree that you should push to see your own OS, surely he could fit you in as an emergency at the start or end of his clinic? Don't give up - keep fighting!

Sending lots of hugs ((())) :console2::console2:
 
Oh Puffin I am so sorry that you are having this happen to you just doesn't seem fair to have all of this and the discomfort of the surgery to. I hope that things get easier it just seems to be such a long process and the feeling that it won't stop giving problems. Hope that your op can help you and make it more comfortable for you. Wishing you the best Holly
 
Maybe if you can actually get a telephone appointment with the surgeon and you explain the situation he will decide to "find" room for an actual appointment. (((Puffin)))
 
Puffin, I know you are down and do not have the energy to post but just to let you know, you are in my thoughts and we are here all pulling for you. Take care and post when you are up to it.
 
Dear puffin,
I just wanted you to know, I am thinking of you this evening :console2: I hope your pain has subsided &
You feel a bit better :)
Hugs & best wishes headed your way, Oh, & :angel: being sent to you.
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Well I had my telephone appointment with the OS on Friday - and guess what he needs to examine me so I need an appointment (which I could have told hime several weeks ago) :headbang: So I am waiting for a clinic appointment - he said approx 10 days
He did say that if he decides to operate it will be around a month after the clinic appointment - so more waiting :hairpulling:
The PT seems a bit worried about the whole thing and especially the swelling so she has told me to take it easy with the exercises - not often that a PT says that!
I am also getting troubles with the sickness insurance office as I do not fit into their neat claim boxes and basically they are saying "you've had your operation - why aren't you better?":gaah:

I am feeling very tired and very fed up with this

I have also still got a lot of shin swelling - plus the scar itself is still very red and has not faded to white yet - is this normal? :what: Has anyone else had this?
 
puffin, good to hear from you even if it is not good news. Seems silly that they think a telephone visit would be enough after a knee replacement. Rest and take it easy as your PT advises till you know more of what is going on.

I thought only this country had issues when people do not fall into the right spot for recovery and returning to work. Everyone wants something simple to deal with in their paper pushing worlds without considering how it affects the person who is trying to recover and get back to a normal life.

I hope you get that doctor visit in soon so you can get some answers.
 
Dear puffin,
I am so sorry to hear what you are going through :sad: It just doesn't seem fair. I am happy you finally are
Getting an app. With your O.S. I hope he can get to the bottom of your problems with this knee :angel:
Thinking of you always :console2:
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
I think some people's scars fade sooner than others. Mine stayed purplish for what seemed like forever, but gradually started to fade. Now it's barely visible.
 
It is not good news :cry:

I have spent the week trying to track down my OS without sucess - when the OS's office finally rang me back they said there was not any available appointment until October 21st - almost a month after our conversation last week
:gaah:

The knee and shin pain is getting worse, any walking is very difficult and an egg-sized lump appears on the front of my shin when I stand for more than a few minutes

In desperation I managed to contact the hospital on-call OS-specialist. He suspects that I may have a crack/break in my tibia.:groan: He said that I should avoid all weightbearing activities and PT until I can see my own OS who specializes in complex TKR and I must use crutches/walker in the house.:boohoo: He will arrange new X-rays so that they are ready for my OS visit. He went and checked out my OS's calendar but all emergency/non-urgent appointments are fully booked and even double booked until October 21 so I cannot get an earlier appointment

So it is bedrest for 3 weeks :headbang:
 
Oh puffin, I am so sorry :sad:I cannot believe they would leave you hanging for that long. At least if you get the x-rays done you will know if his suspicion is correct- I am hoping he is wrong. Many hugs going your way.
 
Dear puffin,
I really don't know what to say, to make you feel better :sorry: I am sad you have to wait so long to see your doctor.
This has gone on far to long & you have been in such pain. It's just not fair.
I will :angel: for you to have patience until you can see your doctor.
Please post if & when you feel up to it.
Thinking of you always :console2:
Diana :friends:
 
Puffin, I am so sorry that you haven't been able to see your OS and that you've got to wait 3 weeks. It does sound as though you have had some good advice though so I guess you will have to go along with that and get plenty of bed rest and gentle walking with the walker. It does seem unfair - why is it that some people have so many problems with their TKR and yet others just sail through? I am sure a lot of it is to do with weakened bones that have been through trauma - as opposed to simply osteoarthritis. That is one of my surgeon's favourite sayings to me "This is a traumatic knee not an arthritic one". Doesn't make it any easier though!

Sending lots of hugs to you ((((()))) and try and keep smiling :) (Just think, you could be me ... having gynae surgery tomorrow :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes: )
 
Thank you for all of your support

This non-weight bearing thing is getting old really fast and it is less than 24 hours.... The Dr says that I must use a wheel chair to go shopping
 
Hello puffin,
Do you have enough pain meds till you see your O.S ? I can only imagine the pain you are having :sad:
I can't make you feel better, but, I am hear to listen & talk when you are up to it.
I keep you in my thoughts & prayers :console2:
Love,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
leejaa - I know it is so frustrating. The OS I spoke with checked my post op x-rays and said he thinks there may be a tiny crack on the x-ray taken on day 2 but the picture is not clear to see as it focussed on the knee joint position. He said it was probable that my efforts to increase the walking may be forcing it open - hence this egg shaped swelling that comes up when I walk for more than a minute or two.
 
Puffin, I have a background in x-ray and I am surprised that they did not take another x-ray after a while to make sure. However, do you know when you are having x-rays again now so that you can have some answers. The other bright thought is if you remain non weight bearing--if there is a crack it will start healing and if they do more x-rays they will be able to see it more clearly. My thoughts are with you and I hope it is something simpler like a muscle strain and you get some answers soon.
 
Hi puffin :kittykiss::puppysmooze: because I can't hug you in person this will have to do. Wow! I can understand your frustration. You have had more than your share.
I remember when I had a cast removed after 6 weeks i was shocked at how much smaller the leg was compared to the other. The Surgeon said not to worry as the muscles will rebuild quickly when I got mobile. He was right so try not to worry about losing what you have gained. I know you feel like :hairpulling::hissy::tantrum: and I wish we could make it all better. hang in there
Love wanda
 
Dearest Puffin,
Just checking in with you :) How are you feeling ? You must be so frustrated, I hope you are watching movies
As you wait for your O.S app. I will :angel: for you until then.
Thinking of you always :console2:
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom