THR Psychteach is ready to move on to the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
If she was awake at 3am, there is no need to sleep ... as we all wake up at 4am for the first few days.
It's hardly worth it! :rofsign:

Why is that? 4am significant? lol


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
So glad you are getting to go home today:yes!:. Nothing like your own bed to get some rest. I loved House of Cards…but could only do 2 episodes at a time……

Enjoy being looked after….and remember rest, ice and elevate……..
 
Okay so pain meds and an empty stomach does not work for me. Had a bad bought of nauseA . They gave me anti nausea med . Slowly working on getting down a yogurt. Pt ce and is coming back to give me a little bit to feel better.. I feel the need to poop( can not believe I am writing that in a board, but you all understand!) and my period started early .. Wonderful .. Leg is pretty good .. No real swelling a little tiny bit if bruising but doc liked it.not terrible pain .. Just a 2 with a lot of stiffness. Just taking tramadol..


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
@psychteach Oh yes...my monthly friend came the first day i got home 10 days early ....ugh. Sounds like you are doing so well Jen....and great the discomfort is being controlled. Keep up the good work, you will be surprised when you write your 1st week update...Amazing how time flies and how strong you will get day by day. All my best..Sue
 
@psychteach You sound awesome! I can commiserate on most of what you are going through, except that...one..uh yeah...that one female thing...:blush:
I'm glad you are on the up swing...when I was nauseated in the hospital, the nurse brought me ice cream, grham crackers and ginger ale...odd combo, but it worked really well
 
Glad your pain is so minimal. That is great!
Your TOM visitor sure picked a poor time to visit.... Ha!
 
Wow@psychteach so happy your pain is minimal. I was happy to get off the meds as soon as possible as they never agree with my stomach. Noise??? Not in my new hip but my 4 year old left knee is still noisy:) I'll take the noise over the pain any day. Keep up the good work - heel-toe heel-toe. - You're on your way:)


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Ok...the female thing @psychteach ...mine came the day after surgery while I still had the catheter in! Ugh...talk about embarrassing. It may have started before that, but when you are bed ridden you don't exactly check those things. Just awful so I can relate to you! :heehee:
 
Yay, welcome home! Now you have a week or so when you just sleep, rest, elevate, rest, eat, rest, elevate, rest, sleep... :snork:
Enjoy Breaking Bad... I watched it for the first time a couple of months ago... I almost wish I'd saved it for my recovery!
 
Yay!!!! You're home, that's awesome my friend. So happy for you. Isn't this side SO MUCH EASIER? No more worry for you. You just get to relax, heal, and reach new milestones every day. Continued success! Hugs, Jackie
 
@psychteach Congrats on being home - it's always so sweet to be with loved ones in familiar surroundings. You may have seen my comments about the bathroom issue. I got backed up by 9 days. Eek! Prunes (or in my case LOTS of prune juice) followed by a hot beverage did the trick. It wasn't a matter of not feeling the need to go - it was just too packed and hard to move it. The PJ (I drank 20 oz the first day because I was so desperate) seemed to just soak right through and softened everything up. If you've not gone yet, start now with 6-8 oz, follow with HOT tea or even coffee or broth, and you should have some real relief within 24 hours. Oh and if you drink the PJ cold, with a straw, you should be able to down most (if not all) of it without even tasting it. :)


2014May5 - RTHR Direct Lateral Approach
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Afraid my TOM friend is coming and will arrive days after surgery too. Nothing like an added complication lol


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
and it's funny when the nurse asked you if you have passed any gas! uuhhhh... yep.. big one coming now, wanna listen? okay.. another check in by nurse, any gas? uggghhh.. yep, another round of tooting.. thanks, looks like you are progressing well! (almost like childbirth) ugh.. I rememember those gassy days. Nothing better than getting past that first BM! Thought they'd have a ticker tape parade for me!

Jen.. happy you are home, enjoy the recliner and sounds like you are doing great! Isn't it amazing not having GROIN pain???!!!! Are you using a walker, cane? Just wait till you start to forget the walker! so weird! @psychteach rest rest rest rest..
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom