THR Psychteach is ready to move on to the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
@moms4tne yeah kind of like a breaking in noise.. I am assuming swelling etc .. Not a painful sensation just a rubbing sort of noise .. Only a little bit at end of my walk. I have to relearn how to walk.. So used to not bending my knee. I have to concentrate on heel down first


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Sounds like things are moving along -- not as fast as you may have expected, but still moving. Nuthin' like a little blood to get you going... I think I had 3 or 4 transfusions. Take it easy -- you're doing fine.
 
Miss Psychteach, Guess what - I had two units of blood transfusion just like you! :)
Go relax, watch movies, elevate the leg, stop worrying, take the pain meds, relax.... the body is healing itself with each passing hour... Proud of ya, yay!
 
There you go, I swear the transfusions made me feel a whole lot better and fast. Once I was home my appetite changed to craving sushi and fish - so assume my blood donor was a vegan, ha ha I am only kidding, made you smile I hope :) I do love sushi though more than ever...
 
That's awesome Jen! Home is where the real healing begins. So happy for you my friend. Remember rest, ice and elevate! Hugs, Jackie❤️
 
Glad you get to go home tomorrow Jennifer!
Yes on the stiffness. It persists today at 5.5 weeks; right after going from sitting for awhile to standing I feel stiff
and have to walk about 10 plus steps to shake it all out. I hope that goes away..at some point.
Home will feel so good! :SUNsmile:
Your attitude is a plus. Yay for you! Keep it up :flwrysmile:
 
Great news! I'm so happy for your news of homeward bound! Excited for you my friend. Sounds like you are on track and progressing! Rest up! Try to catch sleep when you can, that's what I had to learn. Netflix was my best friend. Wathched every episode of "New Girl"..my family just rolled their eyes every time I watched another one.. haha.. I'd take a week in my recliner at this point, back at work ninety to nothing!

Plus.. we have a beach walk coming our way soon right? :) Who's in? Cannot wait to hear you progress through this Jen! We're here for you. Glad that blood boost helped! Enjoy your first day of freedom.. just wait till your first shower! lol!
 
Yes you did it. Glad to hear you get to go home tomorrow. So much better.

I can identify with the feeling that you get with blood loss. Ugh. Not cool. But in the end you'll do fine.

Actually I think you did better than me.... I was so messed up from the anesthetic (spinal) and the dose of pain meds that I couldn't walk on the first day. Combination between low blood pressure, pain meds and low red blood cells kept me from that. So there ya go, success!!!

Haha you'll be so glad to be home tomorrow! Take advantage of hubby.... It's kinda nice to be waited on.

BTW- I recommend watching all 8 seasons of Dexter in the next weeks. Lol
 
@dkirk0530

Excellent point..... Well it sure was good when I woke up at 3am and couldn't sleep anyway :)

Wait! I just caught you recommended new girl just minutes before me lol. I didn't even see your post. Great minds....
 
Psychteach - so glad you're feeling better and going home!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oh Psych - from one chicken to another...thank you so much for giving me confidence....

You know...I keep on reading how attitude really is the key...even when the unexpected happens. And, I really believe that...but this forum makes having that confidence so much more doable.

Hugs to you for more great healing.
 
@dkirk0530 @mike1 thank you. Believe it or not I have a date with "Breaking Bad" my daughter was a big fan. Been looking fir an opportunity to watch it from season one. I believe I will have some time on my hands now:)


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oh your definitely not sleeping now. I was a weekly addict and this was the first show I got addicted to. I REAlLY don't watch TV so breaking bad.....did me in. Haha. Just don't watch anything to complicated. I watched one episode of house of cards and pain meds.... Well I couldn't quite follow it.
 
Breaking bad is the best!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®

Right anterior approach on April 15, 2014
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom