THR Psychteach is ready to move on to the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
@psychteach Happy to read that you are reading, meditating and taking things slow and easy. How often do we take time for us? Not enough, for sure, until we have to. So enjoy and be well:) Wishing you a continued magnificent recovery:) Joyce


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Glad you are continuing to progress fast!
Wow, only $150?
Mine comes to out of pocket $6300. That hurts!:sigh:
 
  • Agree
Reactions: VF
@psychteach Jen.. mine was close to 3000.00 OOP expense too.. I'm paying it off at $150.00 per month! that's my co-pay.. If I had waited till this year I would have an increased amount of 5% more so I got a deal! haha.. yep you have good insurance in the great state of Florida! That is AWESOME! You've already paid a lot in pain. Enjoy your weekend and venture out too if you are ready, you will be so amazed when you go to the grocery store and walk the isles... when you forget something on the other side of the market, you will no longer whince with pain and turmoil and agony.. you'll just glide on over and pick the darn thing up, do a happy dance and say I'M FREE!!! So much to look forward to! The world is your oyster! :)
 
@ dkirk0530 I do not have a deductible. HMO open access. I must see only doctors that take my plan . The 150 is my copayment ..


LTHR Direct Anterior May 19, 2014
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Teachers make no money.. We should at least have good benefits:) the surgery was charged 47,000.. They won't pay that but the doctors know that.


LTHR Direct Anterior May 19, 2014
 
Your insurance is super! Probably a huge teacher deal thing....
And, funny.... I thought I had a cadillac plan. Seriously....
 
Day 12: had PT this morning . So excited for how well I am doing! I am now riding bike for 10 minutes.. It felt so good:) I was unable to do that before surgery . Did squats, leg lifts with ease. So much less stiff. Walking with cane today.. I also slept on my side last night for at least half the night. Slept 9 hours and no wake ups. Been on just Tylenol since day 4 .I have my first post op appointment on Monday. Get bandage off .. Excited at how much improvement I see every minute..


LTHR Direct Anterior May 19, 2014
 
@psychteach This is music to my ears. I am sooooooo happy for you. You sound so optimistic and happy! I was telling our doctor at my appointment, that it is only after the surgery that I realized how small my world had become. I did everything, but my head was saying, this hurts. I wake up so confident and love my old found strength. I know we all do!
 
Slow and steady, still lots of healing happening :)
 
:dancy::spin::happydance::yay::egypdance::dancy::spin::happydance::yay::egypdance::dancy::spin::happydance::yay::egypdance::dancy::spin::happydance::yay::egypdance:

Just taking time to read thru - so happy for you! and for me!

I'm in on 5K run/walk!

Biomet anterior supine - no fancy table . . . in fact, I was amused by doctor report's mentioning they used medical term (which when I looked up is instrument cart) to put my non-surgical leg on.

Hmm....I'm happy to say my insurance on had $200 total family co-pay --- that means all other co-pay stuff is done for the rest of year. Another good reason to get other hip done this calendar year before insurance has chance to change.

In case, I didn't mention it . . . still successfully fighting demons with no meds! Still there if I go looking . . . but I'm definitely not looking for them real hard. Sleeping helps so much -- tylenol pm discovered with shoulder pain and other hip pain works quite well for 6+ hours sleep!

Again, Jennifer, so excited you are doing so well . . . cane? no bandage?, walking? aren't squats wonderful? - bicycle? Life is so wonderful!!!!!
 
I think @psychteach and I also had the Biomet, but with the Hanna table, no cement. We travel by air on June 13, will see if alarms go off! One thing I know..I can walk through the terminal, no problem; I can enjoy our trip, no problem! Oh, last night wore low heels, they sure felt great. I am so much more steady than before the surgery.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Psychteach is ready to move on to the other side

My incision .. First time I saw it today as bandage was removed. Great post op appointment.. Can drive!! I have a corin hip a European company from England with a really cute baby pink head. I got to hold an exact one in my hand..He said it is for active younger patients . Starting out patient PT.. All is great! Saw the X-rays too.. Odd to know that is inside of me:)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi….great photo….incision looks great…..love the "baby pink head" :egypdance:. So glad you got passed to drive…that was huge for me….freedom….normality….I went shopping today for 2 hours. Before my op I couldn't do 45 mins.
So get going and have some fun…..So pleased for you...:flwrysmile:
 
At least an inch shorter than mine. Good for you!
 
Looks great Jen. Very similar to mine when I got bandage came off. Now it's nice a smooth. So glad you are cleared to drive. Keep it up, your doing great!

Looks like I have to make an appointment with the OS. Seems like my other hip is going too. With all the X-rays I've had no one has ever said my other hip would eventually need to be done too. Feeling pretty low right now.
 
Pretty scar, Jen. Mine's 8". I don't think this is a case where bigger is better...LOL

Fantastic recovery, kiddo. Enjoy your new freedom.
 
Day 16 : have not posted in a couple of days. Seems other issues besides hip has been on my mind. My son has a best friend since he was 5. He is my "second son "as they are both 21 now . He lost his mom unexpectedly a year ago and we have been helping him through the loss. It seems he has been dating a girl for a short time who after leaving him and said good night at his home was murdered in her apartment 4 hours later. Both my son and his friend are in shock.. As I am. She was 19 a sweet girl going to school and working and after a break in was found dead in her bed. It is just a horrible thing...
So needless to say my hip has taken a back burner for me. I am still doing awesome. Got my period and feel a little more washed out .. Have not really felt too much energy drain till now . Taking the day off from PT to just relax and chill. My incision looks great, but it does feel sore when touched or bumped.. Kind of a burning stretching feeling.. Others have that? Not worried cause it looks great but I guess now that bandage if off it is stretching more.
Otherwise doing great. Able to drive, starting out patient PT. On cane.. Leg is still not as strong as non op leg but all the building and strengthening of muscles that should be a matter of time till it is good to go.. Glad to be feeling so good.. Hope all are doing great today :)


LTHR Direct Anterior May 19, 2014
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Agree
Reactions: VF
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom