Guest viewing is limited

THR Psychteach is ready to move on to the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jen, how awesome that your OS called to check on you. You sound so great. I'm so happy for you. You are definitely one of the strong ones! Love that incentive from your son! Hugs, jackie
 
Day 10: I have the most amazing sore muscles from my PT yesterday! It is so good to feel that! Plan to spend my summer off getting strong. I need to build up my core muscles as the avoiding pain gait of the past has caused me to not be able to keep my body strength optimal. I certainly do have work to do. I also had a milestone( thanks for all my friends encouragement) I slept on my side !!! It was awesome. I did use the pillow between legs for comfort.. As soon as I did I fell asleep and woke up an hour later! No more log leg.. Moving much easier. Trying to make sure I retrain my myself to walk properly as I have developed habits avoiding pain. My PT told me to put a full length mirror at end of hallway. My husband went out and bought one yesterday and as I walk down hallway .. Watching my walk , keeping my body tall and straight. I was so impressed that my doctor called me yesterday afternoon just to see how I was doing. What a great caring doctor . I am so happy he did my surgery. I have my first appointment with him on Monday. I will get my bandage off to see my incision for first time. It feels so good. Have had no leakage and it is cool to touch around it. I have a huge lump on my forehead from yesterday's hair dryer mishap.. I guess I should keep in mind my klutziness and impatience are still core to who I am:) hope all have a positive healing day:)


LTHR Direct Anterior May 19, 2014
 
Last edited by a moderator:
So glad to see how well you are doing!!! Keep up the great progress! :egypdance:
 
Glad you were able to sleep on your side. That feels good, doesn't it?
Also, congrats on losing the log leg.
:SUNsmile:
 
@psychteach You go girl. I am not sure how I am going to manage my beauty routine with 2 hips being done at the same time, but if there is a will there is a way. Sorry about the bump on your forehead, ouch.
 
Aw... You're so kind. I'm SO happy you are not only on the other side, but have done so well. I'm glad any words of encouragement may have helped, but sounds like nothing could've gone better! (Well, ok, your femur, but doesn't seem to have stopped you!). You have done great & know so!! I'm so impressed that your OS called you!

Btw, I couldn't turn on my side until almost 6 weeks, the night before i left rehab. What a pleasure!! And shortly thereafter at home I was able to sleep on op side! Believe me, I was grateful for small things. In the last couple of days I'm grateful to watch my big toe (& most of the others) actually finally move on that numb foot!! That has been a very long time coming & gives me more hope.

Your summer promises to be great & pain-free. Your students will be getting a very new & improved YOU.
 
@shrinkette one thing I learned on here is that no two recoveries are the same. I was lucky to have some things going for me, my age, my good health and considering the pain before that I was still in good physical condition. I am so happy you are starting to see improvements.. You have been an unbelievable support to me from day1. I am grateful and honored for all our conversations . You were really always there for me.. Keep doing great and tell that numb foot to just go bye bye:)!


LTHR Direct Anterior May 19, 2014
 
@psychteach Jen... yea for sore muscles and not for groin pain! YEAAA!!!!! Also, mirror really helped me a lot.. I love that your OS called and that you are about ready to DITCH that walker. The biggest inidicator is when you are walking and dragging the walker behind you! lol.. no seriously.. the crutches (maybe), then cane then FREEDOM are close my dear! So happy for you!

Diane
 
You're absolutely right -- recoveries are unique! (Of course, I would've preferred YOURS, but it is what it is. ). I'd also like to be 50 again!! LOL. Just thankful that Bonesmart has helped us in one way or another.
 
Jen, this is the article I mentioned when we were discussing approaches a few posts ago. Thought you'd find it interesting:


broken link removed: https://holycrossleonecenter.com/blog/longer-use-anterior-approach-primary-total-hip-replacement-surgery/
 
Day 11: happy:)I could not have asked for a better recovery so far. I am dragging the walker.. Know I do not need it.. But am waiting to see OS on Monday for green light. He told me in our phone conversation that the fracture was something that happens a lot. It was very tiny. He said most surgeons probably do not feel it needs to be wrapped but he is very meticulous about that and did not want me to gave a problem later. He reassured me again.. Does not give me any limitation or change recovery in any way and within 4 -6 weeks bone will have already grown around it and it will be gone. Interesting. I am so pleased with my choice of surgeons . He is one of the most caring ,serious doctors I know. The days when I was in hospital he would come by and flop in the chair next to me in his scrubs after 8 surgeries , 12 hour days and would still come by to check on his patients at 7:00 at night. He said the first time I met him " who ever you choose to do this .. Just do it.. You will get your life back" and I feel like I have. So another added benefit of this is the forcing of me to have some time to slow down. All my life I always am on super speed.. I feel this last week, being able to quiet down and heal, listening to my meditations , reading novels and books ..has been good for me. I am feeling my strong legs coming back.. And it is empowering me again. By the way a side to the apocalypse story from my son. He took my mother to the dentist ( she is 88 swims and walks everyday and is in great shape and has all her original hips and knees! ) he called me after and said" do you know boppa can still run? " it seems they were talking about that and she showed him her stuff. being an athlete he was shocked that people her age could still run. He said he thought that stopped at 70. Lol.
Anyway.. Doing great.. Feeling grateful.. Hope all are doing and feeling same



LTHR Direct Anterior May 19, 2014
 
Last edited by a moderator:
congratulations. sounds like things are going really well for you. gratitude is definitely one of my main feelings too.
 
Warms my heart to hear your positive experience..as I wait for a
Follow up mammo needed that! It's always something!


Diane Anterior
LTHR 12-17-13
 
Woo! All is well! Geez what is it with us and the common issues! Thanks for positive thoughts! I always have issues doesn't matter what test I take!! Another six months to follow up! Thanks Jen!

Hoping you are released from that walker Monday! I remember feeling like I was cheating by darting across the room (well maybe not darting) without it! How blessed we are this summer!


Diane Anterior
LTHR 12-17-13
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom