Guest viewing is limited

TKR Progress report

I'm seven weeks out and still have problems sleeping unless I take a tramadol at night. I don't typically even need tylenol during the day, but night is a different story. Getting comfortable is the biggest challenge. I love sleeping on my stomach, but I use a CPAP and can't sleep in that position while wearing it.

I got up about 2 AM the other night and did some stretches and walked inside the house for a few minutes. That seemed to help - especially the stretches.
 
but I use a CPAP

So do I. Funny story about the lack of communication in a Hospital. I filled out all the forms, mentioned apnea. The hospital told me to bring my mask, they would supply the machine.
in surgery, they woke me because they said I was showing apnea symptoms. That was OK, thought I thought they would have expected that.
Yesterday, I got a letter from the anestesiologia group saying I seemed to show signs of Apnea in the surgery, and they recommend I get tested for it. :what:
What else to they fail to communicate?
 
Hang in there with the sleep @Oldladyrunner I found I slept in 2 installments overnight.
 
@Oldladyrunner the knee has a nerve running down the center that is cut when it is opened. It affects the lateral side. It will get less sensitive as time goes on. Some people get sensation back and some don't get all of it back
 
Also, Tylenol 3 only has 300 mg of Tylenol and extra-strength OTC Tylenol has 500mg/tablet, with normal dosage being 2 tabs, doesn't it make sense to take the OTC? @dearir, why aren't both sides numb?
 
I saw the physician's assistant at my OS office today and told her my knee is numb 13 weeks after surgery. Like the above posters wrote, she said that is kinda normal. Since I have some feeling she said I may get feeling back at some time.
 
I was rather grateful for the numb spot when I bumped into the coffee table the other day. :heehee:
 
Forgot my Celebrex last night, and had a very uncomfortable night. Still painful today. Won't do that again.
 
Tylenol 3 has 30mg of codeine and 300 mgs of Tylenol in it.
 
So far I've tried Tylenol 3, Tylenol Arthritis, an Tylenol PM. I've resigned myself to the fact that 2 hours of uninterrupted sleep is all I'm going to get for awhile.
 
@Josephine has a chart that gives a suggested regime of taking Tylenol and Tramadol. That might work.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
All you need is Tylenol Extra Strength 500mg and then try one of these routines.
Since I made this for myself, I used the UK name of paracetamol but it's Tylenol ES

[Bonesmart.org] Progress report
 
Spending most of my day with my leg elevated and iced. It feels like I have a corset wrapped just under the skin of my knee.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom