Guest viewing is limited

TKR Progress report

Yes, I drove right away too--I live in a small town and so driving is less traumatic for me that for folks who have to get on a freeway.
 
The corset feeling is what I called a tight band around the whole knee. Now 3 months out I feel it minimally when sitting. Only when flexing can I notice my knee
 
Bad night last night. I don't know if it's because of the driving, but I was up at 4, icing and elevating in the recliner.didn't help.
 
You have learned a lesson that I learned the same way----if you do too much your knee will react with pain. It probably was not the driving itself, but the getting ready, the errands, moving through a store, etc.

Activities must be graduated---walk 5 min today, 7 min tomorrow, etc, etc. You can build up to where you were before surgery, but it takes time. Remember, this is a long recovery.

It sounds like you did the right thing. A day of resting and icing should bring the pain back down.
 
PT went well yesterday, in spite of the pain. Was able to ride the stationary bike once the seat was raised. Have asked the doctor for Tramidol. Will see if that helps me sleep through the night.
 
Great! :happydance:dancing with you. :)
 
I found that my knee was really sensitive and that kept waking me up. Then I tried the Saran Wrap trick and was able to get more sleep that I ever had before.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
Me too. Do it every night.

Theresa 9/21/15 left knee
 
Saran Wrap didn't work for me . Knee just has dull ache. Even Tramadol doesn't completely eliminate it. But, I am sleeping better.
 
All attempting to wrap in Saran Wrap at night time did for me was give me a rash.
 
7 weeks now and starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Still using Tramadol, but sleeping through the night. Drove to Disneyland and knee didn't swell, and didn't use Tramadol while driving. Rented a transport chair for use inside Disneyland, so knee didn't overreact. Having more pain after PT than after regular activity. ROM was 125 at last PT session. Still not confident about bicycle riding off the trainer.
 
Try the bike. It will be fun...I did it and it was the most exciting feeling to ride a blue after 5 years!
 
At 7 weeks,I still need Tylenol, Tramadol and Naprosyn. I have tried to wean off the Tramadol,but was too uncomfortable. I hope the docs don't think I have a drug habit. On the up side, I don't have the tight girdle feeling in my knee.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Progress report
7 weeks out. I highly recommend a balance ball for elevating legs. Works on a recliner, bed or floor. ROM is 125. Extension is still not at 0.
 
Your incision scar looks superb, and congrats on the 125° bend. I have the really big red ball, and I agree- it's also fun to sit on and gently work the flexion. Looks like you have the makings of a nice little home gym.

Wait- you drove all the way from San Jose to Disneyland?? That's like a six hour drive. It would have killed me!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom