Guest viewing is limited

TKR Post tkr 3 weeks out

She doesn't even complain when at 1 or 3 in the morning, im flipping and flopping and waking her,she just asks me if i need anything.
Waking up overnight is very normal with this surgery. Sometimes people just get up for a while and read or watch a little tv and then go back to bed.
 
and you don't come off at all as arrogant
Thank you. I loathe macho posturing and would hate to be guilty of it.
I do have a very unique bike that I don't ride
picture, please!
Have you had the privilege and honor to ride any of the iconic climbs of the TDF?
No, I've never gone out of my way for that. Anyway I hate climbing and I'm rubbish at it.
all the campy, love it!
Up until quite recently I was a Campagnolo user almost exclusively; but with the advent of DI2 I went to electronic shifting with Shimano, and now wireless with Sram etap, both of which are wonders.
 
Waking up overnight is very normal with this surgery. Sometimes people just get up for a while and read or watch a little tv and then go back to bed.
Thanks for that info. I was really thinking something was wrong with me as i am having such weird sleep interruptions.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh gosh no. Your sleep disruption is completely normal! Almost every TKR patient gets it. Sleep returns to your regular pattern later on. It’s just really annoying to go through this. :nah:
 
Thank you. I loathe macho posturing and would hate to be guilty of it.
picture, please!
No, I've never gone out of my way for that. Anyway I hate climbing and I'm rubbish at it. Up until quite recently I was a Campagnolo user almost exclusively; but with the advent of DI2 I went to electronic shifting with Shimano, and now wireless with Sram etap, both of which are wonders.
Thanks for that info. I was really thinking something was wrong with me as i am having such weird sleep interruptions.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you. I loathe macho posturing and would hate to be guilty of it.
picture, please!
No, I've never gone out of my way for that. Anyway I hate climbing and I'm rubbish at it. Up until quite recently I was a Campagnolo user almost exclusively; but with the advent of DI2 I went to electronic shifting with Shimano, and now wireless with Sram etap, both of which are wonders.
Here is my picture of a very unique bike. Not sure of the exact age of it, but it is all original. Solid rubber tires...a bike that was handed down thru the generations on my wifes family
auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20171215_e8d12ffa768c49279ff10c99ed1486c6.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my picture of a very unique bike. Not sure of the exact age of it, but it is all original. Solid rubber tires...a bike that was handed down thru the generations on my wifes family
[Bonesmart.org] Post tkr 3 weeks out


Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I hope to be upgrading this year to the shimano DI2, running dura-ace..thats my wish list for this year..campy sets are amazing and pricey, but so solid and they work forever..
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I have tried DI2 and Sram etap, and IMO etap is much better. Wireless is neater. Two levers, one each side, vs. 4. Big chunky ones. LH lever is rear mech downshift, RH upshift. Pressing both together toggles front mech. Sounds bizarre but takes a second to get used to and eliminates fumbling and forgetting which lever is up, which down. Love it.
 
I have tried DI2 and Sram etap, and IMO etap is much better. Wireless is neater. Two levers, one each side, vs. 4. Big chunky ones. LH lever is rear mech downshift, RH upshift. Pressing both together toggles front mech. Sounds bizarre but takes a second to get used to and eliminates fumbling and forgetting which lever is up, which down. Love it.
You are such a wonderful source of information...come this spring when i try these out, i will know a little bit thanks to you:)..my first instinct would be to go with the wireless, i like that idea
 
Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, fyi --you don't have to quote to reply. Just go to the box on the bottom of the screen and type, then hit "post reply." I mostly only use the quote feature if I'm responding to something a few posts back or want just to reply to just a small part of a post.
 
my first instinct would be to go with the wireless, i like that idea
Di2 and etap are both expensive. I could buy on-line at less cost than my local bike shop could buy trade! If you have a good relationship with your local shop then that should be fine, as IMO for fitting and set-up you do need an expert.
 
What you need to concentrate on now is letting your knee heal. You can't force that or make it go any faster than it is going to do itself! But, you can sure slow it down by doing too much and/or doing aggressive PT. Your job is to heal, and that's all! Let others take care of you. Just do your daily activities, (ADL), such as bathroom visits, washing off and brushing your teeth, walking to the kitchen for a snack or drink, things like that. Be sure and read the articles left for you. If you follow the BS guidelines you will have a much quicker and less painful recovery!
Thank you!...I appreciate the wise words. It is so against my nature to take it easy and let my knee be the boss..so to be reminded of that is a good thing, thank you!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
We have the experience to know that it works!
 
It is so against my nature to take it easy and let my knee be the boss..so to be reminded of that is a good thing, thank you!
Try not to think of resting as "lying around, doing nothing." Instead, think of it as working hard, to give your knee the best possible chance of healing well.
In other words, when you are icing and elevating and watching TV, you are not 'lazing around' - you are "engaging in a carefully considered, proactively designed, heuristically programmed, dynamically structured recovery programme".

Those are Roy Gardiner's words. They make so much sense that several of us have decided we'll use them as well.
 
Try not to think of resting as "lying around, doing nothing." Instead, think of it as working hard, to give your knee the best possible chance of healing well.
In other words, when you are icing and elevating and watching TV, you are not 'lazing around' - you are "engaging in a carefully considered, proactively designed, heuristically programmed, dynamically structured recovery programme".

Those are Roy Gardiner's words. They make so much sense that several of us have decided we'll use them as well.
Thank you, i shall embrace those masterfully crafted words...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Cindy,
Thank you for the kind words of encouragement. I guess I am actually at two weeks and a day. At PT I was at 85 degrees. Being an ex-athelete, I am always trying to compete in everything I do, and I have had a rude awakening in the fact that if I push it too much, i can really hurt my recovery.I am not great at having patience. The worst for me is nighttime and the lack of sleep..I was going up and down stairs under my own power unaided even a couple of days ago, but then would pay the price with a pain after the exersize. This site has taught me much in just a couple of days. It is a godsend for references in dealing with the many facets of TKR recovery. I am glad you are now starting to see some light at the end of a very long tunnel:)
Thank you for responding!,
Brian

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

My most helpful quote was that this/these knee/s is like having a newborn that insists you do as it says OR ELSE [emoji38]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
My most helpful quote was that this/these knee/s is like having a newborn that insists you do as it says OR ELSE [emoji38]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's a great analogy!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I have just a general question about staples. I have 30 staples and I was wondering if that was average?. I was also will be getting them out at the three week mark, is that about normal?.what to expect with the new scar and scar care going forward after staples coming out..thanks in advance, buzzman
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom