Guest viewing is limited

THR Post surgery

OK. They should not need to be on 24/7 at this point *unless* there's a specific medical concern so check with your ortho.
 
You asked do WE wear them at night.
And the answer honestly was it varies from surgeon to surgeon.

You didn't mention that you have your very specific discharge notes. You can call your ortho to ask if YOU need to wear them all night.
 
My lower leg is all swollen and hurting more than the hip and thigh
 
I looked at discharge paperwork it says all times for 6 weeks
I will not discourage you from wearing them and feel you need to follow your surgeons orders, but do call and ask if you can wear them for less time than originally prescribed and I'll tell you why. I believe when they set these guidelines they realize many will not wear the compression stockings as instructed, so they set the bar higher. Specifically ask if you can wear them for less time than you were originally instructed. I'm guessing you're moving around more than you were two weeks ago, or even one week ago, right?
 
The whole leg is so swollen
Ice and Elevate, Ice and Elevate....then do it some more.

It is our lymph system that rids the body of fluid (swelling). So you want to get the fluid to the lymph nodes in your torso area so your body can more quickly process it. The lymph system works rather slowly on its own and much more efficiently with the assistance of gravity. The fluid isn’t draining into the hips, but contained with the lymph system and moving to the torso and lymph nodes located there. So make sure you're elevating toes above nose and wear the compression socks until you talk to the care team.
 
I feel like I’m getting a cold my throat hurts and I have mucus is that bad
 
Sorry you are catching a cold. No, this should have no impact on your new hip. Just take it easy, lots of fluids and rest.
 
@Jaycey thanks I been reading about peoples infections on here and I was freaking out
 
I been reading about peoples infections on here and I was freaking out
That's understandable. I found avoiding those threads beneficial if it stirred up negative emotions.
I hope your cold doesn't hang on too long.
Feel better soon!
 
IMG_2418.jpeg
 
I’m hoping it’s just me but when I walk I feel like one leg is bigger than the other
 
Bigger as in swollen? If so, the fluid is why it feels larger than the other.
Or do you mean it feels longer than the other?
If that’s what you mean it’s referred to as LLD and many feel this sensation post op. In most cases it eases with time. We advise giving it 3-4 months as it can take that amount of time for things to balance. If at that point, you are still concerned we suggest you visit a reputable podiatrist or PT for a measurement.
Here's an article from our Library Leg length differential - LLD.
 
Is it normal to get throbbing pain in the groin
Yes. Absolutely normal. You are only a few weeks into recovery from major surgery. You need to give yourself more time to heal.
 
Back
Top Bottom