Guest viewing is limited

THR Post surgery

did anyone else feel like there hip was poking out a little bit
 
Yes, I looked in mirror from every angle at my body after my hip replacement & surgical side was swollen & Off center. This will all "right" itself as you heal.
Relax, you are in very early days of this journey.
 
I was feeling no pain the whole time then the last 2 days my groin has been killing me
 
Completely normal. It happens to all of us -- and that's why we say this is a "roller-coaster" recovery!


rollercoasterexample-gif.74641


You aren't even a month into this recovery and have a long journey ahead. Try to be patient.
 
Hi, it’s my opinion that it can take up to two years to see how well the surgery has gone . It’s amazing how well some get mobile again and I do wonder if it is entirely down to the surgeon as well as how we treat our bodies in recovery . Eventually though only time will tell the final outcome . But I do know how devastating it is when we get set backs . Give it some time and take a breath and step back and hopefully things may well come ok for you. Really hope so .
I feel your pain!
 
Freaking out that it’s red called my pt he didn’t answer yet
 
Since it’s a holiday no one got back to me
 
Is the redness new? I guess I am assuming so since you are concerned...
Do you have a fever, unusual or increasing pain?
Is it hot to the touch or is there any hardening of the surrounding area?
Try not to freak out, morning will be here soon and I'm sure they'll get back to you within a reasonable amount of time. You can use a pen to mark some borders so you can tell them tomorrow whether it's increased at all since you first noticed it...
 
@Layla the red wasn’t there when he took the bandage off 2 days ago I’m having a little pain in my groin not warm and no fever I sent him the picture that’s in here so he’ll see if it got bigger
 
Try to relax and see how it looks in the morning as you wait for a call from your surgeons office.
Let us know what you hear.
@ajhines19
 
Once again, always consult your doctor, however, if the bandages were recently removed could be a little irritation from that. Is it warm to the touch?
If not I'd relax & wait to hear from doctor today.
Also majority of my early pain was in groin.
When I first fell & had groin pain I went to Doctor Google & one of the reasons was injury to hip which I didn't want to believe!
Let us know if you hear from doctor & what he/she says.
 
Surgeon put me on antibiotics he said to be safe
 
Back
Top Bottom