THR Post op thread for April 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I told my doctor today...It was much easier than I thought, no one should have to suffer because of fear of the surgery. I was terrified. I am so grateful.

Also, he added I can drive, no yoga 6 more weeks, no ballroom dancing 4 more weeks, no pool another two due to fresh wound healing. Continue with the meds such as aspirin, Dulcolax, Nexium, until they are gone. Continue PT another month, walk but do not over do. (that last one is tough).
 
do not over do. (that last one is tough).

@VF, you are so, so right about that! And you will overdo---we all did and more than once or twice. Your hip will let you know it's unhappy with you---so it'll be back to resting, elevating, icing, and meds for a day or two.
 
I am three weeks today! Hip feels great. Stiffness decreasing, range of motion increasing. No cane or walker, working full time. I am off pain meds and doing pt three times per week, home exercise daily, walking outside a mile. I am so happy!!!

Things that need to improve: my balance, my core, more strengthening.

I can put my own shoes no and no limp!

Please know I know this is not typical. I'm just so happy. Three weeks until I can resume ballroom and latin dancing along with yoga.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®

Right anterior approach on April 15, 2014
 
Tomorrow is four weeks and today I hit a milestone! I forgot about my hip! Unbelievably happy to feel so good. Still having pt three days per week daily home exercise. I have been walking 1.5 miles. Ice is still my best friend. Wishing everyone a speedy recovery!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®

Right anterior approach on April 15, 2014
 
That's wonderful news, @VF :) Forgetting your hip and being able to get on with life in a normal manner is exactly what we all signed up for!
 
I just reread my pre-op thread..wow that was scary. I hope we can really continue to help others to at least let them know the light at the end of the tunnel is not a train heading towards us..it's really light!
 
Anyone have a recommendation for oil or something to use on scar? Scar looks good just kind of hard.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®

Right anterior approach on April 15, 2014
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Gosh @VF you have had a great recovery and I'm so pleased for you...textbook! I just left my scar alone...as per Josephine...and it's great! Hope your recovery continues to be great....Chrissie xxxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Ah --- it seems like you must have forgotten about that hip? :loveshwr: Life is good!
 
It has been some time since my original thread. I actually could not look through the old ones, before surgery..I was really doubting that I would feel better, that the pain would stop, and that I could walk without a limp. Today, July 2, 2014 with the surgery April 15, 2014..the hip, the pain, the sadness is gone. I am so appreciative for the support that I received here. I am a nurse, but trust me, when it came to this..I was just a crazy patient with terrible pain and anxiety.

Feeling so happy, so strong, so grateful. I wanted to share this with my BS friends. Wishing all of you a great holiday (wherever you are), good health, and love.
 
You are awesome!! And an awesome friend.. Thank you for all your help,, and your surgeon recommendation:)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Back
Top Bottom