THR Me2 and Recovery

@Cantabrigian Thank you -- you are always one of my "go to's" for getting myself back to positive! Let me know when you do that bungee jumping, etc. You go first - I'll be right behind you!

Horseback riding and mud run/walk? are on my to do list! My DIL just gives me the "look" when I suggest her and I do a 5K mud run at summer's end! Goals are good incentive!
 
@Me2 So happy your recovery is going well.....and what exactly is wrong with heels and bikini on the beach at the same time :dancy: ..... Celebrate!

Yes I agree.. Lol. You seem to got it under control... Xanax is prescription.. But even half a .025 a night will help your sleeping and is very mild. Just temporarily ... I take tramadol twice a day as the side effects are mild compared to other narcotic drugs.. But I am already weaning offThese drugs mess with your brain.. Good for fooling your neurotransmitters to relieve pain, but have side effects that are very negative:( keep up great work!! We will get our beach day soon;)


LTHR Direct Anterior May 19, 2014
 
@Me2 Sheryl, so glad to hear you saw someone for your anxiety and head trips. I know they have wreaked havoc with you. Sounds like you have a plan. I'm sorry to hear your other hip is still giving you trouble. I am having the same problem and am trying to get my head around the possibility of another surgery in the future, if needed. For the first time since my surgery, my "good" hip woke me up last night with groin pain when I turned over. Ugh.

I'm glad to see your update. Our little March/April group doesn't seem to be posting as much as we all move further away from surgery and get on with our lives, but I think about you and hope you are doing well! I hope you will continue to update from time to time. Take care.
 
Hmmmm - think I'll sit that one out! I am terrified of heights! :yikes:
 
These mods just aren't as adventurous as us members, obviously lol.
What about a diving event then @Jaycey ...? You wouldn't be scared of heights then. :bigfish:
(just the odd shark lol).
 
I think I prefer my OS to yours. :rofsign:

If we can all get @Cantabrigian OS to clear us, we could make something like this be next years hippie reunion.

I'm all in --- Cantabrigian --- can we, can we, I think a reunion on the countryside of France, a dip in your pool, and off to the jump!

@Jaycey --- I thought somewhere it was you that told me I just had to trust (my surgeon) -- come on, you administrators have helped through my phobias . . .

@Jaycey just close your eyes, you'll be fine. :yikes: :rotfl:

Thank you folks -- my smiles and laughter for the day.
 
If we wanted to re-enact your video, we might have to -- let's ask @Cantabrigian's OS who all he's willing to clear
 
@Me2,
How you doing? I had a bit of a break this weekend and was able to post and read through some of the forum. Hope your doing well. I finally got on the horse. Had quite a bit of soreness. I posted a new thread with picture. The ride was too long for the first time, we had to gather cows for the branding, it was the small pasture, easiest one but I think a little much for the first time out. Have you been back on yet?

Hoping the best for you. Sounds like your journey is taking some curves with a few hills and valleys on the way.
Hang in there
Cheers and peace


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Lmflora @Dieter @Plumberbutt @Cantabrigian @GaRosehippy @MajorHeidi @psychteach @JoeL @waterman1 @Vetgirl and everyone and all! I just have to shout from the highest mountain!

:horseriding:​
Today, I did the MOST WONDERFUL MOST STUPENDOUS ABSOLUTELY BEST THING EVER -- I rode my horse, Storm, for the first time in about 3-4 years. On a 4+ hour trail ride!!!!!! The ride was wonderful with a little help (1000mg Tylenol) til about 3 hours into it. Bit of an ouch getting on but once on I had a great seat, walked fine, trotted great, and got into a couple of canters :fasthorse: (no shift to a gallop but that's easy to do). Started aching last hour, wished I had a crane to get off, back and right hip very painful (even after another dose of Tylenol), but the bionic hip feels absolutely rock solid now and the whole time I was riding!
:loveshwr::wave::dancy::egypdance::loveshwr::happydance::yay::yes!::roseshwr::dancy::spin::loveshwr:​

Other fantastic stuff this past week (week 11) . . . . I danced with my preschoolers for my 28th graduating class! For the last two years, I worried and fretted whether I would be able to walk across our "stage" to give them diplomas and whether anyone would notice my "slight" limp. :rotfl: This year I danced the whole show with them -- the parents were amazed and my family, too!

Another fantastic -- on Thursday morning, I woke up a little early to a really strange sensation -- I was laying on my stomach, and I could feel the bed under my thigh on my surgical side! Almost all of the numbness disappeared over night. Still a little numb just to the left of incision but I can feel the "skin" layer of almost the whole thigh. I can feel when I touch it! I can totally feel to about 6 inches above the knee.

Life is the absolute best!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom