THR Post op thread for April 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are so right... I'm going to eek out the sympathy factor in this house! First home PT. Went pretty well and now icing. I progressed to cane!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®

Right anterior approach on April 15, 2014
 
Congrats on arriving on the other side!! So happy you are doing so good. Continue to rest ice and meds and you will be fine!! Looking forward to keeping track of your recovery!!
 
@VF You have given me great hope. I'm happy to hear that your discomfort is manageable. Thanks for describing it I'm going for the same procedure in a month and a half and seeing the OS on May 1st with my husband who happens to have MS and is trying to give me moral support.
I love to hear that you're doing well; that your pain has been manageable. It gives me hope that my recovery will be manageable . I'm scared but people like you give me courage.The people on this site are so generously kind with their encouragement. I love reading about everyone's journey. We are not alone in our fears ,exhaustion of pain and inmobilty. I wish you a great recovery and a great holiday surrounded by the people you love.
Greta
 
Greta and all.. They said the waiting was the worst.. So true. I wake up so happy as I know that everyday is better. Thus group us the best! Right now I am just so happy that I feel only slight discomfort and know my body is healing!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Hi @VF - and anyone else reading this thread - you may be interested in these articles...

The following is a link to an article which provides some approximate timeframes around the healing phases and processes and the relevant nutritional information for each phase.

Healing Phases & Nutrition

This second link is to other nutritional articles which you may find interesting, including one relating to bone health.

Nutritional advice for pre op and recovery

Disclaimer: The information on dietary factors, foods, and beverages contained in these articles does not cover all possible uses, actions, precautions, side effects, and interactions. It is not intended as medical advice for individual problems. Liability for individual actions or omissions based upon the contents of this article is expressly disclaimed. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of all medical conditions including the taking of supplements.
 
@VF thanks so much for the specific recommendations. They are very helpful to those of us on "waiting" side who are busy gearing up for the "other" side.

It sounds like you are doing great. It gives all of us such hope!
 
So happy to help. Having these on hand ready in the freezer is very convenient. Also the mazoh ball soup husband made was really the perfect food. I was on a regular right after surgery.. Amazing!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Welcome to the other side @VF Sounds like you are doing great. Easy does it - slow and steady to let your body heal.
 
@VF Hi, fellow South Floridian. Sounds like things are going well in your recovery... so happy for you! Matzoh balls rule!! They are known for their medicinal qualities... LOL
 
@VF it sounds like you are progressing so well! Are you still taking only Tramadol or did they send you home with anything stronger? Just curious...Tramadol was not effective for me pre-op but Im glad to hear that your pain is being controlled so well with it. Think I am an exception to "normal" when it comes to the meds.
 
Tramadol Tylenol and ice! In hospital was also given toradol. So far manageable


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Wow that is awesome! With that you hopefully feel less groggy and have fewer side effects than the crazy narcotic meds. Wish I could get relief from those myself. The nausea from the pain meds has been the worst part for me. Getting better now though thankfully.
 
Day six no pain meds during the day one tramadol at night. No cane, no limp. Biggest problem is heaviness of leg with new hip. Home pt working on this. Also walked up and down the street and ate out with family! Happy and grateful!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®

Right anterior approach on April 15, 2014
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom