THR Post op thread for April 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
@VF You are doing amazing!
I am taking tramadol and tylenol, but find I still need 1 5mg roxycodone 4 times a day. At least I feel positive
that I am not at the maximum of 12 per day!
:friends:
 
major just feeling hopeful and not sad is the best part of the day! Right?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
@VF Yes, after one day of being depressed with the blues, today at day 11 PO is my best day yet!
Just finished PT and walked a quarter of a mile with the PT guy in the beautiful sun. :SUNsmile:
 
@VF you're doing so well! The heavy leg feeling will go soon. Keep smiling! :-) Gill


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
@VF How wonderful to hear how you are recovering.
I'm so tired of my leg on my bad hip side not being straight and having a WEIRD limp! My knee is bent, and my pelvis is tilted anteriorly. My right bad hip just won't go through full ROM so the pain begins when I try walking a a for about 15 minutes then the pain and discomfort begins I feel pulling and pain in the groin , pain in knee buttock and sometime ankles because I'm misaligned.and walk poorly. Oh did I mention that my right leg on the BAD hip side is also longer. Then when I'm sleeping my leg at the groin is stuck and I need to slowy disengage it so I can turn. The pain is awful .I do hope that I will see the day as you when things just start moving in my joint and I can stand straight on the bad hip side, tie my shoes and do my own pedicure which is fun for me and havent done it in years.
Your comments on your improvement make me so much more hopeful because each of us on Bone Smart have the hip impingement in different spots for different reasons but we each think oh no nobody has their unusual problem, limp, pain etc. Cant wait to see the OS on May 1st .I will let you know what he says.
Your heavy leg feeling just sounds like part of recovery . You can stand straight that alone is miraculous! Once you body starts incorprating the new hip I'm sure the heaviness will subside with PT help.
Please keep posting because it is so heartening to hear someone recover as well as you.
appreciatively
Greta
 
Greta! You are going to be walking tall and straight! It is just amazing. Just get through day to day for now... You are climbing the hill.

Going to see our sons new home that they are closing on soon. Before surgery I could not go.. Could not walk.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I am day 11 post op and still have a bit of that heavy leg feeling. But it does seem to get stronger each day. Extra strength Tylenol during the day but sometimes take a pain med at night. More of a restless leg than pain at night. Walking as much as I can during day. So good to hear u r making super progress as well!!!
 
Teach one that is the perfect description.. Like restless. Put no pain is the greatest.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®

Right anterior approach on April 15, 2014
 
@VF
Thanks for your encouraging words. I look forward to getting to stage 1 of the replacement surgery. I'm feeling this way because of people like you on this website. It doesn't mean I'm not scared at times but again reading everyones' journey makes me think" okay you can do this and you will be fine. :)"
I too am getting the anterior approach.
Keep us all in the loop of your wonderful recovery.
Most apreciatively
Greta
 
Today is two weeks since my Anterior right hip replacement. I am so happy and content. Tomorrow, I see doctor tomorrow and I expect a great report. I am using Tramadol at night. Not much pain, but all the hard work of PT and walking settle in at night. I have a bandage that will be removed tomorrow and can't wait to see what is under it. He told me my incision was small, less than 4 inches.

Here are some of the highlights:
1. Bone on bone pain..GONE
2. Limp, gone
3. Giving up cane and walker, walking like a normal person!
4. Planning a day around success and joy, not pain.

I also worked two days after my surgery and went out to dinner. I worked at home, but the following week my husband drove me to my appointments for work. I am hoping to be cleared to drive.

I never, ever expected this. I was so isolated, upset, in pain, crankly, hopeless... I am so relieved.

Please read my words and believe me. These surgeons know what they are doing. The recovery so so much easier than the pre-op pain and fear.

Thank you for your support. This is the greatest gift of all..

PS You guys know I am an RN, but trust me..it does not help!
 
Awesome update @VF!
I am so happy for you! You are getting on with your life, and doing it so quickly.
:ok::friends:
 
@VF I loved your post. You very eloquently put exactly how I feel. Bravo:)


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Today is two weeks since my Anterior right hip replacement. I am so happy and content.

[Bonesmart.org] Post op thread for April 15
@VF, what a great update! We just love success stories and are just so happy for you!
 
What a great update! So happy you are doing so well. It is a life changing surgery! Continued success...jackie
 
One month check up! Pain level zero during day. Bandage removed steri strips on incision about under 5 inches. I can drive. Continue with pt don't overdo. See him in a month. I walk straight no cane!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom