Guest viewing is limited

TKR Post op RTKR

Hi Kate, thank you for being there with me on this, Mike has been so good as well he is my rock & he does understand why I got so frustrated yesterday with Jamie. Because Jamie is on the Autistic spectrum it is hard in some ways for him but he has got to understand how I feel as well. Good on Al for being just like Mike they are both keepers I don't know how I would have got this far without him. I have a power assisted bike which is great for helping to go up hills. Maybe when we are both on track next year we could meet up at one of our camping weekends (with bikes). I am making some bows to go on presents now, good theropy & always make a new decoration for Joshua for our tree, will post pic when finished. My eldest son Dave & I do book folding we are getting some ready for Woodfest next year...you would both love it there will give you details in January. It's nice we can keep each other positive. I can't believe we are on day 26 where has that time gone? :yahoo::biking:
 
Thank you @Celle I agree with you, I do the same thing with OH he is also not a mind reader & thinking about it I don't ask him clearly what I require we presume they know!! I am feeling so much better after the upset yesterday, I think it was a build up from all of last week & it had to come out sometime! Thank you for keeping me positive & realising that i am not the only one who does these sort of things! Thank you also to all on Bone smart the forum keeps me positive
 
[Bonesmart.org] Post op RTKR
[Bonesmart.org] Post op RTKR
 
Oh my gosh! Do you MAKE those?? They're fab! I made all the decorations, buttonholes, table displays for our wedding last year. I looked everything up on YouTube! :loll:
 
Yes, me & Dave my eldest son make them... he marks the pages up for me & I fold & do the finishing touches to them. We have lots of templates to design anything. They are great as presents & we have lots of orders for Xmas. We are both very arty & love making things. I am teaching Joshua lots of things as well he loves it.
[Bonesmart.org] Post op RTKR
 
Lovely! There's a crafts thread on here somewhere. You should post some pics on there.
 
Oh Sue, I lost it with my BF 2 months out and it was nothing she actually did! Yelled, cried, got mad, we still talk about it and I feel badly. Luckily she has had similar meltdowns with her medical issues and understood. I also cried for a full month while dealing with the infection. Glad you're having a good day today!
 
It's horrible when it happens isn't it @KarriB but I think we can all be forgiven for why it happens. I have shown my son the you tube video of what I have had done today ( I didn't before ) & I think it may have hit home!
 
I am sorry for your frustration with your son. I have to agree with with celle, about this surgery playing havoc with your emotions! There were days I would just walk to the den from the bedroom and be in so much pain and having a pity party, I decided it was best for me to stay in bed a few more minutes and just give myself time to gather my emotions. This also gave my dear husband time alone. I then started just giving a warning that I was having a teary day so my husband and daughter would be a little more cautious. Question? Did throwing your crutches make you feel better? Now.....who got them back for you? :heehee: I hope today is a joyful day.
 
No it didn't make me feel any better @Timetolive But did make me realise it was what my Grandson does!!!! I got the crutches by myself with a scarf as a fishing line!!!:realing:
 
I also has moments like that with my 24 year old daughter. I would get angry with the slightest thing. I felt so bad afterwards. It happened to me around the second to third months after surgery. It did get better but occasionally I still have some meltdowns though they are fewer than in the beginning. Hang in there.
 
Your knee's looking good, Sue. :)
It's still a bit swollen, but not too bad.
 
Should it still be swollen at this stage or am I worrying too much? Have my first physio on Tuesday
 
It looks great!! I still get swelling when I'm doing too much. It's gotten better as time goes on.
 
Oh, yes. You're going to have gradually reducing swelling for some time. Your knee looks great.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
Should it still be swollen at this stage or am I worrying too much? Have my first physio on Tuesday
Sure. The swelling is normal. It will linger for months before it goes away completely. Even after that, if you do a bit more activity than your knee is ready for, you'll experience a bit of swelling.
 
Day 27 post op - I did a little exercise last night managed to raise leg a few times but only if I first use the other leg to lift once then I can do it on its own, my brain is still not attached to the movement of the SLR's!!!!hopefully tomorrow physio can help with this. I must have done some good as knee felt free, but I did have lots if aching muscles in the night that kept me awake. I feel good this morning but still tired & need cat naps. My appetite is very good & I'm hungry all the time.....just hope I haven't put lots of weight on ( I lost 2 stone before op ) if anyone is still in those first few weeks & saying I wish I had not had it done, as I did? It does get better & things are looking good it just takes time. ( I remind myself of this by reading through my daily log on my thread ) Wherever we are in our journey's we will look back at this time & hopefully think yes it was the right decision to have the operation done.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom