TKR Post op RTKR

Sounds great! I'm going to try cycling to get me fit and keep me out of mischief until my next knee op.
 
The weeks seem to be flying past now. Was hoping to get out on bike at the weekend but the weathermen forecast rain, so won't get out. Off to the gym now for some light stretching exercises the back of the op knee feels stiff so looking forward to this for some relief. Looking forward to Sunday it's classic car club day & Valentines day so out for lunch with Mike my OH. Bless him he has been so patient with me over the last few months, it's also our 14th Anniversary. :loveshwr:
 
Congratulations. Have a lovely day!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Went to the gym tonight, the trainer said i did really well on the cross trainer & treadmill, i still can't get a full rotation on the bike at the gym but will try again next week. I can go as many times a week for 12 weeks at any time of the day so as to gradually increase the exercise including the aqua aerobics all for £49 i think that is good value for money. Have hydro tomorrow i always look forward to that it helps with the stiffness.:treadmill::swim:
 
Take it easy on the cross trainer and the treadmill Sue. Remember to only increase the work gradually.
 
I will Celle, only did 3 minutes on each last night then floor stretching & will only increase when I feel I can. Its good with the treadmill as I only go slowly just like walking. Off to hydro today, next week will be my last session then I will go to aqua aerobics every Wednesday evening. Got up this morning no aches on the right & it's the first time I have forgotton about the knee. Its the left knee (non op) that is giving me trouble. I ask myself is it time to think about the left knee being done?
 
16 weeks post op - after a good report last week things haven't been all that good for me today. I was away for the weekend & decided to do a bit of retail shopping, I didn't realise how far I had walked until the evening & looked at my steps 13,620 ! & then yesterday another 3000.. knee was swollen on both days, iced & elevated & it was fine last night. I have had to go back on the meds today as my foot is so swollen & i have terrible back ache & I am limping badly. I feel so down hearted about it, my knee feels so bruised on both sides. I have my last session of hydro tomorrow & just don't know how I will be able to walk/drive as it's so painful. Going to ice /elevate all evening & nightis it ODIC or have I strained something, who knows! To add to it all I have gone down with another cough & cold.
 
Oh Sue, sorry to hear you're having a tough time. Walking on hard surfaces doesn't do me any good at all either and shopping is one of the worst! I do hope you feel better soon.
 
You've joined the ODIC for sure, Sue!

I don't think you will have done any serious damage, but it could take a week or so to settle down.

I know you enjoy the hydrotherapy, but it would probably be a good idea to give it a miss.
 
Sue, have you tried Boots Cold Defense nasal spray. I use it at the first hint of a cold or if I'm going to a busty place. I haven't had a cough or cold I a couple of years. It's really good stuff. I tried the Vicks version and it was a bit like sniffing pepper so I went back to a boots own stuff.
 
Celle it's my last hydro & really don't want to miss it. They are so good there & I know if I tell them they will do gentle exercises with me. It was hard at work today sitting in one position again & that didn't really help. Yes, hard surfaces are a killer Kate but I really didn't expect it to come to this. I can't get the extension or flexion as it was, this is a real worry to me.
 
No I haven't tried that Kate, i'll have a look when I go shopping. I seem to be picking up everything from my Grandson Joshua. Before this op I hadn't had a cold for at least 5 years. Will have to soldier on as we do!
 
I hope it will Kate, feeling like...........!!!! Off for an early night, well dosed up with night nurse, maybe that's what I need. :swoon:
 
I didn't go to hydro today as feeling so rough with the virus. Have been taking it easy with a few foot slides & stretches for extension. I took some day nurse to hopefully make myself feel better & had a long sleep. Hopefully i will be back on track from tomorrow.
 
Woke up feeling much better, the knee is very stiff but the swelling is down. Off to work soon, hopefully sitting sideways with leg on boxes, with screen to one side will help today. Walking around is impossible as my office is small & no where to walk inside or out, other from one desk to another. Let's see after 7 hours how I will feel?
 
Hope you recover soon! It's so hard to hold ourselves back once we start feeling better. You are a month ahead of me, I'm feeling better the last two days but afraid to do anything too much that will send me backwards. Luckily I don't have to go to work, that's gotta be tough for you.Keep icing & elevating whenever you can. Hope you got some nice things during your shopping trip.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom