THR Post-op. Now at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting worried, Aaron. Please post when you can. I so hope you are feeling better.
 
HI guys I have not been able to get on because I have had some really really bad days. Not jut pain but with fever and some panic/anxiety attacks. One night my fever was 103 and I woke up freaking out because the higher my fever was the more my muscles would jerk and twitch especially in my surgical leg. They have had me on pain meds still, valium an antibiotic and torodol. The weekend was rough last night they checked my temp it was 98.9 and 5 minutes later it was 101.6. Supposed to go home today but fever is still up which means leg is still hurting but they are gonna start lung treatments they think its stemming from my lungs. So still on the hard side of surgery.


On the plus the pain has gotten less intense. I got up this morning and walked with my walker a few hundred feet and again this afternoon with little pain. Getting in and out of the bed is easier now and does not hurt so if I can get over this other sickness things would look up, but I still feel pretty bad. Thanks for all the posts and worries but im still alive! Just thing are going way slower than last time..
 
:iagree: Get Aaron home for Christmas:sleigh:

I'm so sorry you've had a rough time.
 
OOOOH Aaron it's so good to hear from you! You're having a really rough time of it sweety but hang on in there and everything will get better. Can't wait til you're here with us on the other side, but we're a patient lot! Just you concentrate on getting lots of rest and taking all your meds and enjoy the nurses' attention lol. Drop by when you can and let us know your progress :friends:
Linda
 
Take care Aaron, hang in there, sending you healing wishes, it will get better.....
 
Hi Aaron

So glad that you have posted but not so glad that you are having such a bad time. hope that tomorrow is a better day for you and every following day too.

Sending you lots of healing vibes and good wishes to you across "the pond"

Chris
 
[Bonesmart.org] Post-op. Now at home.
We are all waiting to hear from you and worried about you. Please let us hear from you soonest. [Bonesmart.org] Post-op. Now at home.
 
Aaron, glad to hear from you, but sorry the recovery is more difficult for you than expected. I know you want to just feel better and get rid if that lousy fever so you can concentrate on proper healing! Glad to hear getting in and out of bed is easier for you and the walking is the best exercise you can do. I'm pretty sure that each of us following your journey wants it to keep getting better just as much as you do! Power of positive healing vibes coming worldwide my young friend! Let's rally the troops everyone!!

[Bonesmart.org] Post-op. Now at home.
 
Pulling for you big time here, Aaron. Your attitude seems great, which is what will be needed to pull you through the unanticipated crappy stuff. Glad the actual hip-related recovery is coming along - that walking is big progress for you. Hope you're able to feel much better by Christmas time!
 
Hi Aaron- Glad your surgery went well, but soo sorry to hear you are having pain issues, and other issues. That is just not fair given that you already had to have this second surgery sooner than you had planned. You will get through this, though. Sending lots of healing thoughts your way from the West Coast USA! :flwrysmile:
 
Hey Aaron buddy,
I am pleased to know that your surgery went well and you are on your path to recovery. I hope and wish that you feel good and will be back home soon. You can make it.
Cheers, wapse
 
You will get there Aaron.. You are strong minded... Hang in there, it will get better :)
 
well sad news to report to everyone. First off thanks for all of the super kind words and everything but here is the story. My fever has been crazy all week going up around 103 and I have been convulsing basically is the closest way to describe it. But yesterday morning and day I was great, Walking far, getting out of bed easy and all of that stuff. Well last night comes around I get a low grade fever which meant it was about to spike. Literally every time it would get around 99.0 they would check it 5-10 mins later and it would be up around 102. So they gave me meds and it broke. My surgeon came in looked me over, no fever I was feeling okay but he wanted to keep me one more night but the people here who do discharge and stuff already had done it before he signed off and it screwed my insurance up. So I was okay I can try and go home and see how I do. I get there and I can tell my fever was spiking because my leg was starting to hurt worse and was getting shaky. We got me settled checked my temp it was 101.5 and doctor said call if it got that high but I took 400mg of Ibeuprofen and waited 20-30 mins to see if it kicked in. Checked my temp it had gone up to 102.5 so called dr said go to ER HE called ahead and we got in. My wound they think is infected but come to find out some new stuff they put on I was allergic to but I have to see 4 doctors today because I might have a septic joint :( Been crying from pain and having a really tough time. Being 20 this is so hard on me. I will try and let you all know results later today.
 
Aaron, I'm so sorry you're having a bad time. You don't deserve this. If good thoughts and vibes count for anything, you've got them coming from all over the world---Seattle, Orlando, UK, Australia, all over.
 
So thinking of you Aaron, sending healing thoughts, hang in there mate.
 
Waiting on Infectious disease doctor but all other tests point to septic joint :( hopefully they can get me fixed up but my fever is still spiking.
 
Yikes!!! Sending nothing but warm thoughts and prayers your way.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom