THR Post-op. Now at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still in the hospital may get released today but this is day #9. The infection wasn't inside down in the joint of the hip my incisions got infected because after surgery some type of betadine stuff they put over the wound I was allergic too and they did not know it but got that cleared up thankfully. The other problem now is I have been running a stady fever of 99.5-100.5 and even with 600mg of Ibeuprofen and Tylenol it wont go away and is making me very sick but the thing is it spikes within like 30 seconds and gets up to around 102 and my body goes into shock and my most recent hip the muscles get spazzing out and cramping and the pain gets so bad I have to get IV meds immediately. But my basic blood work like WBC, and crohn's leves are normal and all of my doctors are stunned because im 9 days post op and fever will get up close to 104 sometimes. They have referred me to Rheumatologist because they believe I have a connective tissue disease and maybe lupus. They said they want me to try and go home and rest but if my fever keeps spiking to come back immediately and I will be readmitted. SO no more infection but doctors are STUMPED by my case. I have had to be on bed rest since Monday so my hip is stiff. Im having a tough go but thanks for the kind words and I will try and post as sooon as possible
 
Aaron it is great to hear from you, we have all been so worried about you here. I am glad the infection wasn't in the hip joing, but my heart goes out to you for them still not being able to determine where your problems lies. It may not be much, but please know we are concerned and hoping that very soon they will find what's wrongs and that it will be treated. Sending hugs your way:flwrysmile:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Post-op. Now at home.
Sure hope fever issue can be cleared up soon. So relieved for you that infection was just on the surface and no problem with the new hip. Please keep us posted. We worry when we don't hear from you. Take care of yourself, we care.
[Bonesmart.org] Post-op. Now at home.
 
Aaron, good grief is right! I hope they pin this thing down, but I hope it's not lupus.. :scratch: .. At least your Crohn's seems stable despite the fever.

There are some really good in-bed exercises you can still do to help with the stiffness. Just moving your legs (heel slides) and ankle pumps will keep blood moving well to that leg. Don't need to do a lot, but I know it can be uncomfortable sitting in bed all day. Don't forget to change positions to help with the stiffness as well. Chanelling good healing and comforting vibes your way!!
 
Good to hear from you Aaron, and I'm glad the infection isn't in your new hip. I hope they get this figured out quickly.
 
So pleased Aaron that the medicos have ruled out an infection in the actual joint. What a mystery though..

Do you have shaking and chills? Or any redness and/or swelling at the site of the incision? Is there any discharge from the incision at all? Hip pain even with resting seem to be a signal of the high temp. I am glad they are checking your inflammation levels, it will be interesting to see what the Rheumatologist specialist has to say..

It is good that they are giving you IV antipyretic drugs to lower the fever. Also good that your WBC count is good, at least your body is trying to fight it.

Update when you can, we are here for you... xx
 
What a relief - I was so praying it wasn't a deep joint infection. I hope they can get to the bottom of your fevers so you can get back on your feet - Still praying for you!
 
Glad to hear from you, Aaron, but not glad about the details. But we're all concerned for you and hope the docs can diagnose the problem and find a solution for you. Calling Dr. House?

Keep your head up and know we're all here pulling for you. Hope the holiday brings you some joy - you deserve some right now.
 
Hi Aaron, was fantabulous to hear from you, guess the energy and healing wishes from us all are working. Just that damn fever to work on, maybe if we can all blow hard enough we can bring it down for you!! Seriously though, we are very concerned and wish you a very speedy recovery and hope that you can go home very soon with no fever. Keep us posted when you feel up to it. Lots of love and hugs sent your way
 
Wow Aaron, really sounds like you are fighting something off. Hang in there my friend! We are all pulling for you!
 
Hi AmBlocker, you are a soldier and will charge through this. Now you can focus on resting and recuperating and I wish you form the bottom of my heart a Wonderful Christmas and a happy New Year without pain and all the freedom in the world to move as you please !!! xx
 
Oh boy Aaron, you are quite the medical conundrum! I join with all your virtual friends here in hoping your docs resolve your problems very soon and get you home so you can start working on your very bright and super accomplished future. Meanwhile, though I'm sorry you're stuck in hospital, it is way better than feeling unsafe at home. I hope they are treating you well and that you can eat what's on your elegant meal tray.....if its edible that is. I am raising my wineglass to you (quite frequently these days) and will keep toasting your slow and steady recovery.​
 
Okay, Finally home. Literally The docs were STUMPED by fever and other things because my hip is doing okay its a lot more painful than last and trying to get Home Health to send in hospital bed so I can get adjusted comfortably because they believe I need it. I seem to be on the mend im 11 days post op. My incision looks great the skin reaction has cleared up. Fever is holding at about 99-99.5 which is low grade but wont seem to go away. My overall sickness seems to be getting better but I am very very weak can barely do anything without being held up. Lets just say this surgery has had more downs than ups! A 10 day stent in hospital was rough! Im fighting hard trying to keep my spirits up for the holidays! Thank you :thankyou: all from the bottom of my heart for kind words. Ready to get over to Rheumatologist and see whats up. Just ready for this intense pain to go away and to be able to get comfortable and get good sleep! I will try and post as much as possibly I go back to Surgeon this coming Thursday! MERRY CHRISTMAS! :merrychr:
 
Merry Christmas to you. Thank you for updating us all as we have been so concerned. May this coming year bring you nothing but good health.
 
Here's hoping that this is the start of a fabulous recovery. Fingers crossed that 2013 is a better year for you, with a lot less pain. XX
 
It is good to know that you're home:gbhse: We've all been so concerned; thanks for posting.
:xmaswindow: I hope you'll soon be out and about. :merrychristmas:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom