Guest viewing is limited

THR Post-op. Now at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry its been so long as you know it has been a rough recovery. I am almost 3 weeks out im off pain meds because of Crohn's disease that is actively flaring because of surgery. I went days without hardly eating, passed out twice last week luckily was caught both times. Doctors said I have "Medical Anorexia" due to surgery and crohn's flare. This hips is fine its just not wanting to get comfortable I got a hospital bed at home that helps but I move around a lot! My knee hurts way worse with this surgery as well. My GI docs want to run tests like colonoscopy ETC. To see what's going on but can't because of surgery its too soon. This has been a vicious cycle this go around and I expected the Crohn's to flare like this after this third major surgery in 6 months the stress involved. Also have to go be tested for Lupus, and some connective tissue disorders they believe I might have. Christmas and the new year were very low key as I am still on the mend. I am eating a tad more. Resting my leg a lot but also using the walker a lot around the house to help build up strength. Hip#2 Not so good times but eventually I will be fine. Doc said be very careful he is very worried about dislocation because of shallow hip sockets so hip precautions are in full force. I go back end of January to have xrays and what not, they took my stitches out scar is not as long as other one but its a beauty once these steril strips come off I shall show you. Im still pretty sick and not eating as much as I should but getting there! Oh and im getting married in August so I have to get this all settled soon :wink: Will be back on just really trying to get better all around and not be as sick. Thanks everyone for the kind words and checking in on me. Ill post updates soon hopefully they keep getting better.
 
Hi Aaron!

Thanks for checking in. We were starting to get worried! First of all, congratulations on your engagement! Secondly, Happy New Year! May it be a much less eventful year, as far as your health is concerned. Thirdly, so glad you are on the mend. I'm sorry it has been so rough this second hip.
 
Oh Aaron, you have had (are having) so much to cope with. But those of us who lurk around here have come to know you and can feel your inner strength. You will overcome all this and will go on to have a wonderful life, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind. Congratulations on the upcoming nuptials. You never mentioned this before... did you propose recently? We have to stay in touch so we can see pictures -- of your wedding, not just your battle wounds!
 
We've all been worrying about you, so glad you checked in. I agree with Vida, you are going to overcome all this, and have a great life with your lovely lady. Inquiring minds would like to know all the details of the courtship, proposal, wedding plans, etc. :) And may I add, I think she is a lucky girl!
 
God bless you, Aaron. I so want to see you beat all this and get on with your training! Medicine and orthopaedics need you!
 
Hi Aaron,

What a rough time you are having, it has to improve soon.

How far are you into your medical training?

Getting married in August, how wonderful, congratulations.

Maybe your fiancé could make you some home made chicken and rice soup? That is very good nourishing food and easy to eat.

What are your "trigger foods" with your Crohn's Aaron, do you have a problem with rice?

Rest and gather your strength.. Lots of happy events for you this year :)
 
Aaron congrats on your upcoming nuptuals. That's such great news to hear in the New Year! :yay:

Hoping that everything starts coming together soon for you physically. I'm sorry that you're dealing with so many complex issues al at the same time. I'm thinking that you, our Mighty Warriror, having already displayed so much strength, will show us all how to beat down the challenges that life throws at us!
 
You're getting married? How did I miss that? Wahey! :yay: Congratulations!
 
Oh my, Aaron.....I somehow have missed reading your thread and knowing all you have been going through! Catching up tonight, I am stunned by the hard fight you've been fighting. But it does sound like some progress is being made and I'm praying you continue to improve. I agree with Jo that going through all this at your young age will give you more than your share of "seasoning" as you go through your medical training. You will have a perspective that's much better than someone who only reads about or sees things like this happening to a patient. God bless you, hon.....you're tough!! And upbeat in spite of it all! HUGS!!!!

Congratulations on your engagement and upcoming wedding. Now THAT'S something to celebrate!!!
 
Congradulations on your engagement:martini:, I am soo.. happy for you. I also hope that is a sign of good things to come and that you stay on the mend and they get to the bottom of all the problems. My thoughts and prayers are with you
 
Fight on Aaron - sounds like you have everything to look forward to! Update when you can. We missed you over the holiday but know you had your mind on all that healing.
 
You guys are the best! I proposed December 8th 4 days before surgery so I could do it right. I am definitely ready to get back to schooling and finishing things up. So some good news for you guys, I start outpatient physical therapy Monday. Did home therapy and now progressing to a clinic so I am excited about that. We have had some weather changes so hips have been hurting especially the new one trying to adjust and the muscles being tense. My Crohn's is okay for the moment still cannot eat a lot but like I said its coming. I feel like I am living this quote "When you have come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." I am hanging on! With the help of all of you and many others. It feels like yesterday I was in here posting about having Core decompression and now look at us 6-7 months later I have had 3 surgeries the 2 replacements and you have all still been here. So thank you. I have also gotten the chance to help other young people on here as well I get messages all the time from younger people seeking advice and things which I love. I will post again after my first outpatient session Monday to let you know how it goes. I am pulling through slowly but surely. And I will post an engagement photo soon if you would like since you guys are like family!
 
Absolutely Aaron... We would love to see your engagement photo.

So pleased that slowly, slowly your recovery is improving.
 
Hi Aaron, you are a HERO!!!, and continue to inspire and educate to us all. Each day know that you are getting stronger and better and maintain your optimism that all will be well , i know you know the power of the mind and its ability to expedite recovery. You have so many people on this forum that think you are amazing and with that much positive energy there is no way you wont be victorious and add this expereince as yet another achievement!!.

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding!!! WOW!!! what a beautiful time to rejoice ahead!!!. Your fiance must be equally as phenomenal and i know you too will have a blessed and beautiful life together as one! Please pass on my congratulations!!!:yay::martini::yahoo::flwrysmile::dancy::cheers::egypdance:
 
I just read through your posts and all I have to say is that you are absolutely amazing and so inspiring! You have been through so much at such a young age but you have gotten through it. Congratulations on the engagement! I am really happy for you!
 
Sounds like real progress Aaron! Keep up the good work. Slow and steady - does it every time!
 
You are obviously a wise old soul...sent here to teach us all some very useful life lessons!!!! If you are this strong, inspirational and empathetic at your age I can only imagine what you can go on to achieve. X
 
Thank you all! I just finished my first week of outpatient therapy yesterday! It's been tough they're working on both hips since my other one is still fairly weak. Was a hard week but at the end I could tell it is starting to hurt less! Still on the walker hoping to move to crutch or cane within the next week or two! I can walk 3-4 feet without anything but after that my leg gets real weak and I get off balance. I go back to the doctor the 24th of this month. I'm still having a slight issue of feeling like my left leg is a bit longer than my right it's gotten better now that the muscles are being worked and stretched out its been almost a month since surgery but still feeling a little off hopefully that resolves itself but the doctor said he would remeasure when I get back in to him. Also for my first hip replacement I had some minor knee pain I told you about well with this left replacement my left knee is absolutely killing me it hurts worse than my hip does 90% of the time and walking and therapy makes it hurt so bad. I rotate heat and ice on it but it hurts so bad. I hope that settles down soon too! Anyways ill post again soon! Thank you all once again. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom