THR Post-op. Now at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaron, so happy you are inching forward.... you inspire us all. I empathize with the knee problem.. can you take an anti-inflammatory of some sort? Mobic helps me, without it I doubt I could do my physio. If you can't add that in, how about getting a decent knee brace to use at least during your physio? Do your current pain control meds help with the knee?
 
Hi Aaron, thanks for the update. So sorry you are having that problem with your knee. You are carrying yourself differently now. I'll bet it's just a bit of complaining from an area that he not seen full weight bearing in awhile. Ice or heat - whatever helps. Fingers crossed this will settle soon!
 
I have been taking ibeuprofen or aspirin but not supposed to take a lot due to Crohn's disease so I try to limit the intake. I am currently not on pain meds they had to pull me off when I got so sick out of the hospital the pain meds were messing with the Crohn's disease too and I was not able to eat. So it's a vicious cycle but I may see about a knee brace it has gotten pretty bad it hurts when I bend my leg and stuff.
 
I have been taking ibeuprofen or aspirin but not supposed to take a lot due to Crohn's disease so I try to limit the intake. I am currently not on pain meds they had to pull me off when I got so sick out of the hospital the pain meds were messing with the Crohn's disease too and I was not able to eat. So it's a vicious cycle but I may see about a knee brace it has gotten pretty bad it hurts when I bend my leg and stuff.
Your very brave Arron ! You inspire me .
 
Hi Aaron, I'm just catching up, so sorry to hear you have had a rough time of it, you are one tough tenacious lad who is full of determination, you will get there in the end.....Go Aaron :dancy: I'm pleased to hear things are improving now after the very difficult last few months.Vikkis suggestion of a brace seems a good idea, just to give that knee some support while the other parts heal and strenghten.

My operated leg took ages to settle down, it was longer for many weeks post op, try not to worry too much about that.

Take care of you.

Ann.x.
 
Hi Aaron - good to hear from you! I hope the knee pain is just some temporary complaining about work they haven't had to do recently. I hope you find some relief soon. Glad to hear the physio is helping with the hips. We're cheering for you!
 
Inch by inch Aaron.. You are doing it tough, but getting there :)
 
Hi AmBlocker, thankyou for the update, you have developed a massive fan base here and we are addicted to hearing that you are going ok! :) What does the OS say about the knee pain, is this somewhat normal due to previous over compensation formt he hip? My best wishes and healing energy to you :flwrysmile:
 
Well with my first hip replacement I had some knee pain but I could handle it and for the most part went away it still gives me trouble but not too bad. With this hip the knee pain has been terrible like it hurts to touch or if I accidentally bump it the pain is terrible. I see the surgeon in a little over a week gonna have him check it out he said he would do X-rays to make sure. Also today when I was getting out of the shower my right hip the first replaced hip popped when I stepped out it didn't hurt I couldn't feel it just heard it, And as I lift my leg again to get dressed it keeps popping. Hasn't hurt just makes a really weird popping sound. Is this normal does anyone else experience this?
 
Aaron, just catching up on your progress. Sounds like you've had a busy week with PT. I can't imagine why you are hurting... (she says with a sarcastic snork, eyes rolling, and head shake). You have not been able to get around nearly as much since your surgery as you did after the other one. My knee also acted up post surgery for a while but it's fine now. Find what works and be consistent with it (ice, heat, elevation, massage, etc.) since you are having issues with the NSAIDs.

I had a little popping or feeling of movement but I think it's just the tendons moving around and over the new parts. Bring it up at your appointmemt, but since you're not having pain with it, I think its one of those things that happens with certain movements...

You're doing great and we're right here to cheer you on!
 
Hi Aaron, I had that popping feeling for quite a few months post op. Annoying for sure. But I think once the muscles tighten around the area things will settle.
 
Aaron, I think you're doing really well. Your watchful approach and slow steps forward are the right way to go. Hang in there....you're getting better!
 
I had therapy again today it went well I am adjusting from walker to cane so that's a step in the right direction. Therapist said a knee brace would be very helpful so going to discuss with the doctor. Like I have said before I have crooked legs mainly from knee down so they said that could play a part in the knee pain. If my knee did not kill me so bad I would be doing great but it is affecting me in therapy.
 
Yay for the cane. In true warrior fashion, you need to come up with a name for your new companion who will be by your side thru thick and thin...

:yay:
 
Go to the surgeon Thursday for a check up. Ready to get my knee looked at the knee bone itself is killing me so ready to get something to help. Still in therapy its going well. Will post again after doctors appointment!
 
Went to the surgeon today. My hips look fantastic and the bone has grown into the implant. I have some cool xrays I am going to post! Also my knee is very unstable that is why it is hurting so bad I have to wear a knee brace and add more exercises to my therapy. Hopefully everything continues to get better and my knee gets better.
 
Aaron, I am so happy for you! Can't wait to see the pix. A number of us are 'bracing' a knee or two post THR, my physio says the same as your OS, walking well plus new exercises will improve the painful knee over time. What a remarkable recovery you are making.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Post-op. Now at home.
Aaron! What a great report---looking forward to seeing the x-rays of those fantastic new hips. Certainly hope the brace and exercise will take care of that knee. You are just doing so well---keep up the good work and keep us posted. We care.

Gotta' special hug for a very special fella
[Bonesmart.org] Post-op. Now at home.
 
Aaron, so glad to hear that your shiny new hips are doing so well! It also sounds like you are feeling much better as well. Hopefully the exercises will do the trick as everything gets strengthened. Yay for you!! :yay:
 
Fantastic hippie news Aaron, great report :)

BTW I tagged you for another young hippie assu who is in his early 20's... two weeks post.. would be great if you connect with him?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom