Guest viewing is limited

THR Post-op. Now at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to go pick up my brace tonight for my knee. Doctor called and said it looked like my a knee tracking was off and my knee could dislocate if I wasn't careful so I have a really tight knee brace on securing my patella keeping it on track. Here's photos of my hips.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Post-op. Now at home.
    image.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 336
  • [Bonesmart.org] Post-op. Now at home.
    image.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 362
Thanks Aaron, I was busy writing on your thread whilst you were posting on assu's - appreciate it very much :)
 
Well Guys I know I have not been on in a while so I figured I would update you guys. I am still in physical therapy just finished my 6th week. I still have pain and weakness and still having a knee problem but its getting better with time. I walked a mile yesterday and my legs felt like jello haha Waiting for this cold weather to leave so my hips will quit aching. I am doing great though. I just celebrated my 21st birthday yesterday, I start back school this summer after a year being off for my 3 surgeries and then getting married in august. Things are looking up! Still working on my hips but I am very hopeful that in a month or so I will have no pain and my endurance of walking and standing up will be back to 100%. I will of course keep you updated! I go back to my surgeon in 2 weeks.
 
Hi Aaron! I was just thinking about you yesterday. So happy to get an update! Happy belated Birthday! Hope you had a great celebration!

If you can walk a mile you are doing very well! Slow but sure - you'll get that strength back. Sounds like you will need it with all your plans. So happy for you Aaron!
 
Wonderful news Aaron and Happy Birthday! Hope this is a fabulous year for you.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Post-op. Now at home.
Aaron!!!!! Good to hear from you and that things are improving albeit slowly but surely. These things do take an awful lot of time. My hubby, who was a semi-invalid hardly walking the past 3 years, has his knees replaced 5 months ago and was just able finally to stand on his own a month ago and has been taking steps for the past week. But he's getting there, just like you.

Take care and keep us posted. We care. [Bonesmart.org] Post-op. Now at home.
 
Fantastic Aaron, great to hear from you.

Wow, what a year you have ahead of you.. Good luck, congratulations on your birthday and please don't forget we want photos of the wedding - that first dance :)
 
Hello! I know I haven't posted in a while just been busy. I dislocated my shoulder on my birthday last month and found out that I have AVN in my shoulder. I go back April 1st to talk about surgery I have had 3 surgeries prior on this shoulder due to baseball injuries and I know I have a torn labrum now as well. So will wait and see what surgeon says when I go back. My hips are doing well still! Every day they seem to get stronger, it's starting to warm up and I'm ready to start walking outside and riding a bike! You guys have helped so much during all of this so thank you! Having my
Hips done has also opened doors to help people my age going through similar situations which is pretty awesome!
 
Hi there Aaron :)

So sorry about dislocating your shoulder and on your birthday too...

You are such a champion with all that you have been through...

Great that you are walking and rising and the hips are happy..

Take care and let us know how you go with your shoulder OS..
 
Aaron, it's good to hear your hips are getting stronger. Hopefully your knee will follow suit as you keep working on your PT. Bummer though about that shoulder. Hopefully any fix will be minimal and you'll really be in prime shape for your busy and event filled summer. Thanks for keeping us posted. You have worked your way into a lot of hearts around the world. We wish the best for you.

p.s. Happy belated birthday!
 
I can't believe it has only been 5 months since I had my last Replacement! I haven not posted in a while but not much news! Both hips are doing very well! It is summer time now and has started to warm up so I am really about to get to use the hips! I still have soreness and what not but it all gets better every day. Just 2 months from now it will have been a year since I had the Right hip Core Decompression and I literally can't believe its been that long! Time sure does fly! I hope you all are doing well and I will try to drop in every now and then with updates and to check on everyone! :)
 
Hey Aaron, great to hear from you and even better to hear your positive report. Well done! Please do keep in touch!
 
Lovely news Aaron, you had such a rocky start. You are a true inspiration!
 
Definitely want wedding photos Aaron :)

Great to read you upbeat and getting on with life.
 
Great news Aaron. Look forward to your updates when you can squeeze it in between all of the wonderful things happening in your life this summer!
 
I have a question for you guys. My right hip has been making this loud popping noise a lot and sometimes
It hurts bad. Is this a problem? And did any of you experience bad muscle spasms in your hips even after its been 6 and 8 months on the two what do you do about it? The spasms are so bad some times to wear id be walking and one happens and I fall because it tightens my whole leg.
 
Eeek, Aaron, not you! I thought you were all done and dusted!

Have a look on this chart and give me the references of the painful spots - also indicating red/anterior or blue/posterior of course!

[Bonesmart.org] Post-op. Now at home.
 
Red- R1A
Red- R1 C & D
Red- L1C
Blue- R1E
Blue- L1A
Blue- L1D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom