TKR Post-Op in Tel Aviv, Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Bassplayer!
I came over here to see how you were doing. How are you feeling today? Sounds like you have you pain managed. Good for you! Fight off the aggressive PT. You know what works from your last knee. BTW, you are amazing!
Best to you!
 
Hi Bassplayer, I am sorry to hear that you are going to have to 'fight' to have the right kind of therapy. I know how you feel about wishing you didn't have to fight for it and being scared. I am always uncomfortable when I have to be assertive and tell people who 'should know' how to do things, how they really need to be done.

I will pray that this goes smoothly for you. :friends:
 
Thanks to all who wrote their comforting words. Each reply means a lot to me!! PT should be starting tomorrow. I really won't let them hurt me this time, just wish I didn't have to be in this position.

I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

One other thing. They got me out of bed today and it was quite painful putting weight on the operated leg. I don't remember that happening last time.

Maybe it'll be better tomorrow.
 
Hi, Good to hear from you! I remember thinking the same thing first time I got up this time around. The pain was in my thigh & I'm sure it didn't hurt that much last time. I'm told it was from the tourniquet and it has lessened over time.
Good luck with therapy tomorrow. I'm sorry you in the position where you practically have to defend yourself but you can do it and will be better off for it.
 
You must remember that no two knees are alike. This one is not going to heal like the first. It may be better or it may be worse---only the knee knows.

So just pay attention to the right now and don't compare with the left. I had mine done 2 days apart---the left was a sweetheart, the right was a brat (for a while). But strangely enough, when I overdo now, its the left that tends to complain the most.

You know what to do and how to do it--so all should be well.
 
Thinking good thoughts...Hope all works out with PT . When do you go home?
 
Made it through 2 PT sessions today in one piece. We mostly practiced walking with the walker and at the end if the 2nd session did some gentle stretches. Walker part was not as easy as I had remembered.

So far so good, but that PT is not in my dept tomorrow.
Hope it'll be ok.

Thanks for all of your responses - too tired to answer individually now.
 
Hello Bassplayer

I am pleased you finally got your knee done but please be strong with the guys in the hospital and tell them to back off of doing anything that hurts you. You know from experience what works and tell them so. I do hope you are okay and try to keep us posted. It will be good when you are home. Take care my friend xx
 
Hi! Good to hear from you. I'm glad your PT session wasn't so bad. Hope tomorrow goes well too. Remember to just say no if it's too much.
 
Remember too that you are the customer here. Would you let someone in a store treat your roughly? No, of course not. We all know that aggressive pt is not needed at 2 days post op--in fact, it will increase the swelling and pain. Just say what you want and keep saying it. Don't get mad, just be firm. It will be a good experience for you to see that you can get what you want. K
 
glad to see you're on your way.
 
Bass player, I just came apron your posts, right after getting my midnight pain med, and i am so happy to see that you made it to the other side!:thumb: Good for you! :yahoo: I hope you listen to everyone on this forum about not letting PT or doctors dictate aggressive PT! Tell them to try it on themselves first when they have knee replacements, before they push it on their patients!
Just think you shouldn't have to have this done again since you've now had both of them done!:yes 4:
I wish you a quick and speedy recovery, on your own terms!:friends:
 
Hi!
I'm glad to see you! Hoping that things are going well for you. Are you at home now? I didn't see that you'd posted about being home.

How's the PT going? I have my second one today after having had 2 in the hospital as well. Don't think my ROM is quite where I'd like it to be - but I'm not worrying about that yet. My quad is still sleeping so it makes the exercises more of a challenge. It'll get better with time!

Looking forward to another update from you!! You can do this!!!:yes 4:
 
Hello Bassplayer!

I just read through your posts and first let me tell you what a relief it was that they cancelled your knee surgery due to hospital infection! Believe me, I have had PLENTY of experience with infection:wink1: and you don't want any of that!

Everyone is right, you will know what your body is capable of doing and if they are trying to push you past that limit just stop. I had one PT in the hospital after my my 2nd surgery on my 2nd knee, and I told her "NO" when she got aggressive. After that they sent in another PT and we worked together very well and I did much better!:biggrin:
 
Thanks all with all my heart!!

At home now. As soon as I can catch my breath with pain management, I'll tell up how it went in hospital.

Josephine : I looked for that "cocktail" of paracetamol + ibuprofen but couldn't find it. I have Optalgin and am taking 75 drops up to 4 times a day but it's not enough and I need help!!

Icing and trying to rest but cannot sleep because I prefer sleeping on my side but cannot now. So exhausted!

Sorry am too tired to check out the other threads now. Will try to catch up as soon as I am able.
 
So glad to hear you're home, such a great feeling to get back in your own bed. I'm a side sleeper too so know what you mean about it being hard to sleep. I have to be propped up with pillows to make it better.
Get lots of rest!
 
:yay::yay::yay: great news that you are home - your own bed and home comforts - can't beat it!! Take it easy now and get some well earned rest :sleep::sleep::sleep:
 
Not having fun here...
Getting a sharp stabbing pain in knee every time I take a step with TKR leg. Icing helps, but not much...Could there be something wrong? I'm worried, but x-ray 2 days ago was ok.

And they are doing construction all day in the apartment next door. My nerves are on edge! This is the worst timing ever! :hairpulling:

On the good side my home health care physician is coming tomorrow, as well as the home PT, a guy this time.

Still not settled in with pain management. I hope that tomorrow it'll be sorted.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom