Guest viewing is limited

TKR Post-Op in Tel Aviv, Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi bassplayer. Nice to her from you and to see the TKR is doing well AND that you're ready for the next op. Hope that everything goes well. As long as you are able to do things like sitting, going up/down stairs, the ROM number isn't important. Do continue with the gentle stretches and flexion to keep that knee strong because it's already the "good" knee and needs to remain that way.

Thanks for the encouragement!
 
So good to hear from you! Not much longer until your second surgery and things should really start to improve for you.
 
Just wanted to share that I am really feeling very good about my TKR leg, especially in the last week or so. I've been feeling quite a nice change. I am over 4 months after the surgery now. I don't know if it's the comparison with the "bad" knee, but it's so nice to be almost completely pain free and with a well functioning leg. Of course there's room for improvement, more ROM, etc. but I am very happy this week with that TKR!
 
Hello Friends,

Just wanted to let you know what's happening with me.

I had my pre-op day on May 24th and was assigned May 31st for my RTKR surgery. HOWEVER :skeptical: on May 30th in the afternoon the hospital called to postpone my operation! Luckily my best friend was there when I got the call because I was VERY upset and frustrated. She urged me to call my doctor to find out what was going on. He told me that they had canceled all surgery for the next day because of an infection issue.

The RTKR is now rescheduled for June 7th.

I had to call my sister in the US - she'll be coming again to help out for a couple of weeks - and have her change her flight dates, and it cost her $400...I offered to pay but she and her hub insisted that they don't mind.

Maybe I'm paranoid but I'm afraid I could be bumped again...Meanwhile I'm enjoying the extra week as best I can - sweets and chocolate are involved! :th_heehee: It was a bummer going back to work. :sigh: I guess if I do get bumped again, at least I'll be emotionally ready for it.

P.S. My operated knee continues to get stronger. It still feels a bit stiff for half a minute when I stand up, but after that it is great and able to do all the work. The OS said I'm around 110 ROM - and I know that it will improve.
 
Bassplayer, sorry to hear your surgery was delayed but better safe than sorry. I can't even imagine the mind games of getting ready only to have surgery delayed. All the tests and prep to get ready then wait.
Good news is you weren't delayed for too long. Hope you don't have any more delays :-)
Wishing you the best and a speedy recovery!
 
Thanks Vicki. I'm trying to mentally - and emotionally - prepare for another possible postponement. It's out of my hands. I can only wait and hope that it will go through this week. :sigh:
 
Hey bassplayer, another thing we have in common. My first surgery date was postponed but I didn't find out about it till I went for my pre-op tests and they told me I was not on the schedule because the doctors surguries for that day had been rescheduled. Not what I wanted to hear at 7am when I had to get up and drive almost an hour to get there.
But as you know all turned out well in the end for me and all will be good for you too.
 
Oh Morning Glory what a bummer! Anything can happen at the last minute apparently...

Just playing the waiting game now...thanks for your kind words!
 
Well here I am, packed and ready to go! Leaving for the hospital in a little over an hour! :yay:

I hope I am beyond the possibility of being bumped again...:skeptical:
 
Had RTKR on Thursday. Off morphine it was making me nauseous. PT and doc (not my OS) came and tried to convince me of window of opportunity. I argued and they said won't force but I am freaked out. They believe in no pain no gain. Am worried!
 
Had RTKR on Thursday. Off morphine it was making me nauseous.
Wow, bassplayer, what did you use last time for pain meds? Pretty sure I could not it without something strong so I hope you find a pain med that works for you!
 
I hope they gave you a differnt pain medicine! And you know better about the no pain no gain stuff. Remember what you've learned here and how many people have had excellent results by not letting PT hurt. How did you mange PT with your left knee?
Take a breath and relax. Don't let anyone freak you out, you're going to do great!
 
I am getting Optalgin + tylenol. Like last time. And last time PT caused agony here. I'll have to fight them. Wish I didn't have to.
 
Oh no! That doc just made rounds and said he's recommending "aggressive PT but you can do whatever you want." It's supposed to be tomorrow and I'm scared!
 
I'm sorry you have to go through this, you shouldn't have to feel scared! You can always follow the 'you can do whatever you want' part of his recommendation. Tell them when it's too much and make them stop.
 
It's not like you don't know what you're talking about. You have real life experience. Ask them if they do. I bet the answer is "No". Just let them know that you know what works for you and that's the way you want it. It is YOUR knee after all.

Don't forget that doctors and PTs are just people like you and me---they're not imbued with deity--yes they have expertise, but they don't know everything. And they are NOT always right.

You take care of yourself and keep us posted. We care.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • sistersinhim
    Staff member since March 20, 2017
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom