TKR Post-Op in Tel Aviv, Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bassplayer & Viv, I feel for both of you so deeply for having to experience such painful staple removal! :console2: Thank goodness that part is over! I hope recovery and healing goes much smoother from here forward! :thumb:
 
Hi all again, aww I am sorry to hear about your staple removal too bassplayer, arent they the most awful things to put into sensitive, delicate and cut open skin ? I will never understand why they do this. I asked the nurse if I was the worst one for being a baby that she had that day, and she said yes! lol, I said" oh cool I have left a bench mark now" :heehee: . It does feel better now that they have gone.
I so envy all of you that have had both knees done now, I have to do it all again in a few months and I dont know whether I am in a better position to deal with things now that I know what will happen or whether it was best not to know and be ignorant. Nevermind, by the end of the year it will be all over and done with and the new year will be a great start for all of us.
Hey bassplayer, my son is a guitarist too and has his own band, are you able to chill out and play while you recover ?
Best of luck, wishing you all a peaceful evening and a painfree night with plenty of zzzzzzz's.
Viv xx
 
Hey Jacky did you have staples too or something else ? How you doing anyway, I so wish I had both knees in recovery now like you. How is everyone doing with their TEDS are they driving you crazy too ? lol they are so hot and itchy and another 4 weeks to go before they are history.
I know what the "patience" in patient means now and my husband reminds me what a bad patient I am - absolutely true of course....:)
Hot and sticky here, rainy, windy and humid.
Love to all Viv xx
 
Thanks Kim. I will try to catch up with your thread later or tomorrow. I've been so busy dealing with meds and getting through the day that I haven't been around here as much.
 
Coniglietta said:
Hi all again, aww I am sorry to hear about your staple removal too bassplayer, arent they the most awful things to put into sensitive, delicate and cut open skin ? I will never understand why they do this. I asked the nurse if I was the worst one for being a baby that she had that day, and she said yes! lol, I said" oh cool I have left a bench mark now" :heehee: . It does feel better now that they have gone.
I so envy all of you that have had both knees done now, I have to do it all again in a few months and I dont know whether I am in a better position to deal with things now that I know what will happen or whether it was best not to know and be ignorant. Nevermind, by the end of the year it will be all over and done with and the new year will be a great start for all of us.
Hey bassplayer, my son is a guitarist too and has his own band, are you able to chill out and play while you recover ?
Best of luck, wishing you all a peaceful evening and a painfree night with plenty of zzzzzzz's.
Viv xx

I am finding that this second TKR has not been going as smoothly but many here report different experiences for each knee. Some aspects were easier because I had already done it once. So it's a mix.

No bass playing at the moment. I wouldn't be able to hold it easily as it's quite heavy. I have 2 sons who play guitar! Sometimes we play together. But they have their own bands. And I have mine.
 
Coniglietta said:
How is everyone doing with their TEDS are they driving you crazy too ? lol they are so hot and itchy and another 4 weeks to go before they are history.
Love to all Viv xx

i haven't been wearing mine yet because I was told I don't need them in bed and that's where I am most of the time. Mine anyway aren't so tight I think. They are called Tubigrip. I will start with them tomorrow if I go outside.
 
Two achievements today!

First, I was sitting on my shower bench and all of a sudden I was able to lift my TKR leg up to the edge of the tub with no assistance! What a big surprise! Those quads just suddenly decided to kick in. Amazing!

And the other thing is that I went outside for a little walk right next to my building for the first time since the op. I simply did not have the energy until today. I have been spending most of my time in bed! After that I was wiped out. But so glad I got out in the sunshine finally.
 
Very good bassplayer! Isn't it amazing when those things we take for granted return. Such a small thing, engaging quads and lifting a leg, we don't notice until we can no longer do it.
 
i haven't been wearing mine yet because I was told I don't need them in bed and that's where I am most of the time. Mine anyway aren't so tight I think. They are called Tubigrip. I will start with them tomorrow if I go outside.

I never had to wear them past the first week and glad about it.
 
Bassplayer, the most important thing is to get the pain meds under control. You will feel so much better when the pain is not intruding into your life. I know it will be hard to see you sister go. Kelly
 
Bassplayer, the most important thing is to get the pain meds under control. You will feel so much better when the pain is not intruding into your life. I know it will be hard to see you sister go. Kelly

Yes it has been really challenging with the pain meds. The doc is supposed to be here today or tomorrow and I am going to make it VERY clear that I need more meds. If he doesn't come through, I'll have to change doctors.

Yes, she leaves Thurs night and it will be terrible...
 
Yay!!! Nice to hear that your quad woke up and did its job. That is wonderful. And you got outside in the sunshine for a walk, so exciting. You are on your way! :happydance:

I have been wearing my thigh high TED on my surgery leg for the horse show that I went to with my daughter and for this trip with my son. I really think that it helps a lot when I am up and active. I will probably go without them when I get back, but I will be at 9 weeks.
 
Bassplayer, Well done on your quads - it is wonderful to feel them working again, I remember that feeling. Enjoy the next few days with your Sister - take care.
 
Well done bassplayer, its moments like that that give you hope and inspiration for the future. :yes: My quads are shot to pieces and have been for years so I need to work on them!
How wonderful to walk in the sunshine the sun has healing properties as well as making us feel more positive about life.
Doing good all round !:yes!:
Love Viv xx
 
Hi Bassplayer, I am just catching up with everyone. You know I've read so many times on here that no TRK's are the same and I am sorry to hear that your second was not as good going as the first. It sounds like you are turning the corner though and getting outside for some sunshine, I know that does a world of good. If I ever have a second TKR I am hoping that it will be better than my first, because mine was very hard for me and even now at 15 months I feel it every time I take a step, I want to be one of those people who say "it feels just like my other knee."
 
Hi Brassplayer, Its been a while so I thought I would drop by and see how you are doing. You sound like like your doing pretty good. Keep up the good work. :puppysmooze:Tashia:SUNsmile:
 
Hi Bassplayer,
Glad you could go outside, even just a little bit!! Wow, awesome lift on your Leg!! It is really the small things, isn't it? I am sure once your meds are good, you will move more, we all can once we are comfortable. Take care :friends:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom