THR Plumberbutt's A Hippie 3/26/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Plumberbutt I stumbled across this... all kinds of interesting discussions going on. I didn't even realize I was reading your thread. How funny when I saw that it was yours. You're just out of surgery and look at the trouble you are causing over here! You are very funny and this thread is becoming very interesting. Ha ha. :giggle:
 
OK I am jumping in head first, LOL!! All I will say is I am 7 weeks out, hubby and I have been intimate since about wk 4. I too was a little skidish at first but it is possible without pain. In fact quite enjoyable because I had so much pain with that as well beforehand. Not doing any chandalier hanging however!!
 
I was on early this morning and not much going on...I come back from PT and OMG!!!! You gals...mostly GALS.....are hilarious!!! @Dieter watch out for this bunch!! Then Donna @mystikfairy61 blows us all away!!! Guess she's your "go to" person!!!
@younghippie I've been known to get in trouble a time or two....could ya tell??

@MajorHeidi
Yes, @VF anything limp usually is not good! :heehee:
Listen to you Claire....you wait....ur next among us!!!

@GaRosehippy I was wondering when I would get a "rise" out of you on here. Maybe poor choice of words considering I am talking with you, but I thought the start of this was a funny one!!! Had NO idea it would take off like that!! I think you gals are WAY worst than a bunch of guys!!!

Anyways, I got back from PT and they think I am ready for this coming Monday for work. They are giving me more exercises to do and build up my gluteus maximus muscles....and NO I am not showing you before and after shots!!! My main problem I can forsee is the fact I need to be able to wear my work boots and not quite sure how I'm going to tie them except wife might have to for a week or so. I'm not suppose to bend down like that and I definitely do NOT want to jeopardize anything now that I've come this far. As far as the pain when I first get up from sitting, that is just going to take time they said. It doesn't last long....just the first 5 steps or so, but I had that even before surgery with old hip. After I get going....look out....I'm ready to hang from the chandelier!!! Nothing limp about this cat!!!
 
@mystikfairy61 .....See........all it takes is just opening the door and then the information starts! Thank you for speaking out.........I like how Plumberbutt got speechless and went icons on us! LOL I didn't have any followers so I went and just started on his site because he is "friendly". Reminds me of DrToonz and fulafoto, they are brave too! I wanted to jump in and be an active part of BS because I was in the dark, alone and scared until I joined like most of us are. I might have said somethings or attempted some alternative means to resolve my pain, but I have so many limitations to narcotics and those who have been there know the pain if you back of, so might have been judged, but I made it through........now on to more interesting things then TEDS, catheters and ice! I am sure I will have a few more followers especially after the 20th! Like DrToonz.........I remain optimistic, very optimistic!
 
@Plumberbutt..........you had me worried for a moment, but there you are you are back! No I have been waiting in the back ground waiting to pounce for the right time to come along. I always tell my husband I have that librarian look, sitting quietly just soaking it all in, then hair down, and let loose! Yes gals can be much more vocal then guys, just have to have the right group. All it take is one downer to stop a good time. With everything we have all been through, guys and gals, we deserve to have a fun side, now that some of the seriousness is over, and it should be a wonderful sign for those who are to follow us, that life will be good if not BETTER after our pain and fear is over.........In my mind I am running through a field of flowers, sun is shining and there is a smile on my face.............wait................did I mention I am naked!!!!! Okay I bet you are all laughing now....see, the imagination is a wonderful thing, don't waste it!
 
@Plumberbutt..........you had me worried for a moment, but there you are you are back! No I have been waiting in the back ground waiting to pounce for the right time to come along. I always tell my husband I have that librarian look, sitting quietly just soaking it all in, then hair down, and let loose! Yes gals can be much more vocal then guys, just have to have the right group. All it take is one downer to stop a good time. With everything we have all been through, guys and gals, we deserve to have a fun side, now that some of the seriousness is over, and it should be a wonderful sign for those who are to follow us, that life will be good if not BETTER after our pain and fear is over.........In my mind I am running through a field of flowers, sun is shining and there is a smile on my face.............wait................did I mention I am naked!!!!! Okay I bet you are all laughing now....see, the imagination is a wonderful thing, don't waste it!
Sooo you are on what medications for pain???? How do you get that pre-operative ;)
 
I tell ya what @Dieter this is a rough group.....glad you found us!! It is just amazing how this site has helped me get over the fears, the pain...I rely on the meds and ice!! You too will get through this and be bouncing back just like the rest of us "hippies". If there are ever any questions....someone has the answers on here...(on about any subject I am finding out now!!!) @GaRosehippy How are you getting around....pretty good?? Still using the cane? I still think you are pretty brave to do both at once, but it has worked out so good for you....great decision!! And yes...you gals have run me speechless!!! LOL
 
@Plumberbutt....Never used a cane. Used a walker for 2 weeks, my OS believes in getting rid of it as soon as you are able. I used the walker for 2 weeks exactly and have been on my own since then. Perhaps it is because I did have them both done at the same time so they are identical now. I suggest you read the site that Majorheidi found, lots of LOL's and like I said it is amazing how quickly one subject changed to another. There was another hippie gentleman who talked about the chandelier position, I think the closest position to the chandelier would be the swing............I have been going into the office for the last 10 work days few hours then working at home also. Being at home drives me nuts and I am not a glued to the tv person. How is your cold coming along, you should be feeling better by now with the antibiotics...
 
@MajorHeidi ....girl you are a hoot, really an illustration would get us barred from this site and we need it so much more than that illustration, I will just leave that to your imagination. Will keep you posted if my OS has a cartoon illustration handout, don't know if I could hold it together if he did!
 
Boy things are getting way more interesting on this board:))) way more interesting reading then ice packs and toilet seat raisers!!!!soaking it all in for future reference.. Watching for the answers as this is a huge question I have.. When after????


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
@Dieter............oh my drugs are limited trust me....but nothing has every dimmed my imagination! I was just looking to get smiles or chuckles, it seemed to have worked! God knows we have days when we just hit rock bottom and laughter is the best medicine.
 
@GaRosehippy My cold has finally started getting better...the coughing was the worst part of it and then it wasn't productive so the crud just sat in there like the Mucinex boys at the Coughing Cabanna...YUCK!! Just got home a bit ago and did chores for my son who won't be home until late and took the cats to the vet, then also worked PT in today and I am shot and sore....duh to me!! I'm still happy I was able to do all that!! @psychteach stick around here and who knows what one might learn!! Are you getting anxious? The time will be sooner than you think...just around the corner and if you are like me, it wasn't soon enough!! Keep plugging away and they will get you fixed all up.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom