THR Plumberbutt's A Hippie 3/26/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Plumberbutt .....You know the first OS I consulted has done over 2000 hips, he told me both my hips were shot and that we would get them done at the same time! My 2nd consult said that I was too young and needed to wait until the pain was so bad that I couldn't cross my legs! He said when the time was right that we would just do one at a time, it would take months to do that, two hospital stays, being under twice, more time out of work. He also said that I would need them both replaced, so of course I ran back to the 1st OS and forward bound, no time wasted, it happened really fast. If it wasn't for my med. allergies I think my first 2 weeks would have been so great, as it was I endured a lot those first 2 weeks then just pulled through. I would do it all over again tomorrow to get to where I am today. I can do things already that I wasn't able to do prior to surgery so really a month out I am impressed with my recovery, can't wait to see the OS on the 20th to see the xrays and get my release, find out when I can be intimate again since that was a huge issue before the surgery. (We are grown ups here and I know being intimate is rarely discussed, hopefully not a taboo issue). Want to go fishing again, berry picking and gardening. I made the right decision, it was the only decision to make.
 
Maybe we should start a separate XXX thread! LOL. I sure have lots of questions that seem so inappropriate. But who else do we discuss?




Sheryl from Pittsburgh
LTHR on 4/2/2014
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
How are you feelin' today @Plumberbutt ?

I just wanted to add my :giggle: that the ladies are coming to you with their intimate questions. :wink:
I couldn't resist @GaRosehippy and @Me2
:heehee:

Seriously, I have seen this topic in another thread or two a few months back.
Its an acceptable topic, and I know Josephine has responded......
 
@Plumberbutt @ Me2 @ MajorHeidi Ok I just had to jump into this subject and let you all know that my OS gave me an illustrated booklet on the subject. It's quite humorous with cartoon senior citizens. My husband and I had quite a chuckle :)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Maybe we should start a separate XXX thread! LOL. I sure have lots of questions that seem so inappropriate. But who else do we discuss?




Sheryl from Pittsburgh
LTHR on 4/2/2014
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
Don't know about XXX. but I would like some feed back from hippies who have already been intimate after surgery. I think that is the first thing that scares me as far as a dislocation, not that I am going to be hanging from a chandelier or anything. I just know if my mind is pre-occupied with dislocation, I may as well not even attempt sex. Just saying my feelings.
 
How are you feelin' today @Plumberbutt ?

I just wanted to add my :giggle: that the ladies are coming to you with their intimate questions. :wink:
I couldn't resist @GaRosehippy and @Me2
:heehee:

Seriously, I have seen this topic in another thread or two a few months back.
Its an acceptable topic, and I know Josephine has responded......
@MajorHeidi ..... Really! It is just that you can tell by some BS'ers writing that it is easier to approach different subjects then others. The majority of us "hippies" are still at a young age where we still have desires and needs, nothing against older hippies, just know that with age our hormones diminish although I hope my diminish at a slow pace! I want to be one of those little old ladies who still know how to put a smile on some dirty old mans lips! Ok, maybe too much. My mother always said we had French blood in us that made us this way! Imagine my elderly mother telling me these things, she was amazing. Anyway if there is a "thread" just for sexual questions, information and easing fears kindly direct me that way....
 
I can't wait to hang from chandelier! Oh I know I'll regret posting that but oh so. tired of mundane blah sex and hugely afraid (not this week) of even trying.

@teakea66. I have to see book! Pleeeeeeease? Give me something else to think on other than scolding from PT.


Sheryl from Pittsburgh
LTHR on 4/2/2014
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
@Plumberbutt .....Ok at 46 are you ready to just roll over and not be intimate again for fear of a dislocation? Not me, if I must experiment and be the guinea pig I will, especially with BTHR! Shall I keep everyone posted? Ah finally a subject that folks might follow.. I told my DH that I didn't have many followers that I had just backed off and his reply was "Oh if only they really knew you"! Gotta love him. I am going to get a real life photo posted of me on here, that will give BS'ers an idea of who I am, especially since I don't feel like a frazzled out cat anymore!
 
@garosehippie yup, I want to put that smile on some man's face. No French tho all German with a wee but of Irish. Love to talk to your mom.

Oh yes, keep us posted!


Sheryl from Pittsburgh
LTHR on 4/2/2014
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
@Me2.....I am right along with you, have done some petting, but all I could think about was the things that were not allowed...........No horseback riding, No motorcycle riding, No parachuting.........well most of those involve straddling and impact, so that left my imagination wide open for a dislocation. and MajorHeidi....don't find us something boring and medical, after all this I am ready for some real life been there done that, don't need illistrations, I have a vivid imagination! Remember you are gonna be where we are shortly and you will probably have the same questions, it's just that we will have found the answers for you! Love ya.
 
Don't know about XXX. but I would like some feed back from hippies who have already been intimate after surgery. I think that is the first thing that scares me as far as a dislocation, not that I am going to be hanging from a chandelier or anything. I just know if my mind is pre-occupied with dislocation, I may as well not even attempt sex. Just saying my feelings.

OK, my clinical training was in recreational therapy, (M.S. in Therapeutic Recreation from Oklahoma State University, 1989) intimacy for patients was addressed as part of their treatment plans, and they were asked about pre-indecent level of function (i.e. interest in intimacy) in our initial assessments. The goal was to help them to function a fully as possible. Of course these were not all THR patents, lots of devastating strokes or blunt trauma (auto accidents) that took some "creative" solutions to intimacy and very frank conversations with both partners.
Long reply to get to the punch line..."creative solutions to intimacy and very frank conversations with both partners." Sex is a wonderful expression of love, it should feel pretty good too. One of the BoneSmart mantras is "if it hurts, don't do it"...I'd edit that for intimacy to "if it hurts, find a different position. there is lots of information on the web about intimacy in recovery. this one is pretty good
broken link removed: https://nih.kramesonline.com/HealthSheets/3,S,40019
 
@Me2....My mother was way ahead of her times and she told/taught me everything I needed to know to be prepared for being intimate. I wasn't one of those women who was in the dark, I was told that it was something in life that should be enjoyed, wasn't dirty or a duty. Hard to believe my mother was catholic by the way. She passed away 11 years ago this June, she was the most supportive mother ever. Henceforth I have always shared the same with my 3 sons and daughter. My husband says that he wants to die with a smile on his face, after sex he asks me if I was trying to kill him and I respond that I was doing my best to fulfill his wish! LOL it is an on going joke in our bedroom. Gotta find humor where ever you can......
 
@Dieter......Interesting.......but in my case BTHR and some times in the moment things get carried away. I am just going to have a very frank conversation with my OS on the 20th. I know what I like, if he gives the go ahead I'm ready. Weeks and weeks of foreplay, the 20th can't get here soon enough. AND the pain meds before, wouldn't that mask the bodies awareness?
 
@Dieter I wanted to thank you for your comment about my weimers.... I love GSPs too.
Our decision at the time was weimar or GSP.
I found a field coat from LL Bean I wear all the time that has little GSPs all over it.
Thanks for the post above.
 
@Plumberbutt @Me2 @teakea66 @GaRosehippy
Here is the main link that has a bunch of different sex topics in it. Pasting here. Shoot, it didn't make a link, so just copy it and paste it at the top like a url and it should work. IF not, just go into library and pull the topic up
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/sex-talking-about-sex-after-hip-surgery.3448/
@MajorHeidi ......Just finished reading and chuckling over the above referenced threads! Found it funny how one discussion quickly led to other subjects! I enjoyed the .....try to keep it clean one the best! So safe to say that Sex Talk is approved and every so often it takes off, but much just depend on the group at the time!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom