THR Plumberbutt's A Hippie 3/26/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Plumberbutt So sorry to hear you are dealing with a cold, that stinks bad enough without having to be recovering from surgery as well. Hope you start to feel better soon!!
 
Yay, @Plumberbutt ! (sorry about the cold, though). My doc said I could go bck to work the 21st, but if I progress nicely the next week can return the 14th. Take care!
 
@mystikfairy61 Just a normal cold wouldn't bother me, but I end up with bronchitis **** that I am weazing when I breathe and the coughing is loud and obnoxious!! Oh well...go big or go home. Thanks for the kind words!! Goodnight all!!
 
@glmrphy So happy you are coming along so well....I am so happy and I am sure you are too that we got this done....it really is a piece of cake!! You along with so many other members have made this so easy!! Night!
 
@Plumberbutt .....
I hope you get over this cold real soon! Take care of yourself!!! Nuff said. :)
Today is my 7 day countdown. Oh my!

@Me2 said some words that made some sense to me that I will take to heart:
Change the things you can; and accept those that you can't...
Thus, don't worry about all this stuff.
Ok. !!

My parents are visiting tomorrow. Today I vaccuumed, mopped the floor, and cleaned a huge bag of
sticks and leaves from the yard. Whew.
I figure I better take these last few days and work myself to the max since I won't be doing
these things right after........
Get some final money out of this hip!
:bow:
 
@MajorHeidi You are hilarious!!! I'm sure you are feeling like you have gotten about the last penny out of that hip by now.....pretty painful? I feel for you for sure!! I bet your hip is talking to you tonight after doing all that work. Just imagining you limping around all day doing all that work makes me feel for ya!! I could never figure out why we have good days and then bad bad days...it all never made any sense to me. When I was at post op appt. today, they were showing me on the new x ray my other hip's AVN. It is quite "infected", but they said it may be several years before anything happens.....we'll see. How is your other hip @MajorHeidi ?? You have AVN also right? Anyway....I know how excited the feeling is to get this thing almost over with....be thinking of you and excited for you!!!
 
@Plumberbutt ......I think this cold thing has something to do with being under, I had a low grade fever for 5 days after surgery, then started the coughing up stuff, did a z-pack, week later worse then was put on Augmentin which I took for about 4 days but tore my stomach up so much I called the dr. to call me in a different antibiotic, was then put on Levequin for 10 days which I took the last today. Still coughing up some stuff but not green any more. We had a lot of pollen going on the same time so could have been a combination. I think having a cold hindered my energy level, hope you get yours out of your system soon. Today is 4 weeks to the day post-op. I worked 1/2 days this week and it was a blessing to get out of the house. Have been driving my daughter's Nissan Altima which I could not even get in or out of before the surgery so that is an improvement! I am sleeping on both sides, no hollering during the night when I roll over, another good thing! I can tell things have improved since my surgery just being a month out, I can't wait for 6 months to roll around I hope I will be like a new woman. Take care and rest.
 
@GaRosehippy Thanks for the words of wisdom...it pretty much sounds like the same thing. I, too, was put on Levequin and sounds like it is the same as you, did the Levequin work for you?
I went shopping for the wife today at WalMart and another store. My son was pretty hard on me, but it worked out....he wouldn't go with me if I had to use one of those little carts...I didn't...Yayyy!!! I pretty much am without cane except for when I first get up otherwise it really seems pretty good...very unbelievable...it hasn't even been two weeks! I go back to work on the 14th...a week from this coming Monday. I am ready...need to get back as it is only a matter of time before I get in trouble at home. I have been sleeping a lot yet and hope that stops soon, but I think it is a matter of this rotten crud of a cold and the healing hip. I slept 14 hours last night...only woke up around 4am with some discomfort, so I took a hydrocodone and went back to sleep. 14 hours is a crazy amount, but as long as the healing keeps going, then GREAT!! I have really cut back on the pain meds and still getting along just fine.
 
@Plumberbutt Wow. Your recovery sounds amazing. I can't walk without a cane yet, just graduating to the cane from the walker yesterday. I still have pain and swelling and I get very tired in the early afternoon. I am 6 days ahead of you surgery-wise, but you are ahead of me in recovery. Good for you. That's awesome!
 
@Plumberbutt ....The Levequin did the job, I still have some stuff that I am bringing up, usually in the mornings, but again the pollen here is awful, oaks, pecans and pines, everything is coated in a yellow haze! My advice to you to make sure you get up and move around, hot shower to keep that stuff from settling in your lungs so it doesn't turn into something worse. I always believe that it is better to cough it up then not. I wasn't able to do the pain meds that most everyone else got to do, so I didn't sleep very much, wish I had, but not that lucky. I had threatened to use the cart in Walmart, my husband insisted, but my 16 year old said "no way am I going in" I managed just using the cart, but didn't shop for long. Went with my 23 year old son today and watched Capt. America......great movie, lots of action by the way, was a 35 mile drive one way, everything went well. Well getting in the passenger side was a bit tricky, I think it was just the direction of movement, had to help swing my leg in, but I did have 2 hips done, sometimes I pause to think the situation out, like ok, what is the best way in or out, check out any chair before I sit for height, that kind of stuff. Hope you feel better soon, the antibiotic really made a difference around day 5 for me. I too, like you am thrilled to be back to work, I just felt the walls closing in on me at home and I am so needed and loved at work that the atmosphere there is very positive and upbeat. I know my limits, but even a few hours a day make a difference. Rest, but keep moving.
 
@Plumberbutt Get over that cold soon.
Hope you had a good hike at WallyWorld.
Sounds like you are moving along fine....

Today, I cleaned the back deck; scrubbed some mold on the decking that was bugging me; cleared off all the dead plants from last year; and raked the perriwinkle free of leaves.
Oh my! I am using every last penny of this right hip!
It hurts the most ever, but who cares? It's going away.... Bye now.
Thursday is the big day to trade hips.
 
@Plumberbutt shhh . . . don't tell anyone . . . I made it to the barn and fed the horses this morning!!! I decided to brave it and go in stall with my guy, and he was so excited to give me a little nudge and hug (just a little major fright on my part)! So happy to be in barn!
 
@Dmcfad2 This recovery thingy really isn't a race, and even though you are a bit behind me, your body is letting you know just how fast to take things and believe it or not, I think age makes a HUGE difference in our recovery....it does in so many other things!! My Aunt is 30 years older than me and she had hers done about 1 1/2 weeks ahead of me and she was just getting off the walker recently too, but like I said, your body will let you know. I also have a cruise in June and either get back to work soon, OR no cruise....I know what I must do, so I have had this goal from the start otherwise I wouldn't have enough time to take off from work.
@GaRosehippy You are doing great!! Does your recovery with two done at once seem to take any more time than us with one hip done? You are VERY brave for going in for two at once, but sure would be great to be done and over with!! I started taking Wal Mart brand "Tussin DM" for my cough yesterday, it didn't seem to help right away, but waking up this early morning, I haven't been coughing much at all...yet anyway. Sounds great you are getting out and about now....feels so much better than being cooped up at home CONSTANTLY!!! Went to my nephews baseball game yesterday and then took my son to his basketball tournament and got along fine, but sure was timed and sore by the time I got home last night.....ice, meds, and sleep. Still using quite a bit of ice and that sure is key at keeping pain at bay I think anyway.
@teakea66 You made me laugh.....WalMart this time was much better, no one came up wanting my autograph anyway from my last performance, but you may see me on a video..."People of WalMart" !!!!! That wouldn't surprise me at all!!
@MajorHeidi Have been thinking such positive thoughts for you this weekend....I know your day is FAST approaching...so exciting. Now you can get this new hip and be back at all those things you are doing now...without the pain. You sound so much more assured lately in your posts I've been reading. This site helps so much more than words can say. It is by far the BEST forum I have EVER been on. It is so scary when we first find out that we MUST have surgery to get our lives back to living that it is all we can think about and how many emotions are going through our heads is astounding. Just being able to look at those who have went before us....for some reason seems to help ease our minds...just amazing!!! Can't believe how much you have got out of your ''old'' hip.....you must be in so much pain!! It was about all I could do to go to work and make it through the day until I could get home to sit on some ice and you might just as well be running marathons....you are one of "those" people who can't sit around and see so much work outside that needs to be done. Believe me, you will be down for a few days, but it will amaze you just how fast this recovery really can be. So happy for you and wishing you the best....sincerely!!! You have been a good cheerleader for me and hopefully I will be there for you too!!!
@Me2 I am so happy your recovery is going so well. Isn't it really something the power our animals can have with our healing? I think if it makes you good going to the barn and you are SAFE....go for it...just be careful!! I have been getting in the skid steer and up and down off of a tractor a bit, but must go really slow and take my time, otherwise there is no pain. I'm still not ready to be in the pen with the cattle yet, but soon I hope. Keep up the great work and don't overdo it...your body will let you know when enough is enough.

So great hearing from you all....gonna go back to bed...night!!
 
@Plumberbutt You are doing great, but don't get in that cattle pen yet.
Imagine Elsie come running over to give you a big kiss! :heehee:

With all this pollen from the trees and flowers opening up, my nose is congested and sometimes runny.
This shouldn't make surgery a no-go should it?
I sure hope not. Drinking lots of hot tea now.

I am so glad all of you are doing so well. It gives me such assurance that all will be okay.
:friends:
 
@Plumberbutt Glad to hear you are out and about, sounds like you are progressing well (cruising along)!
@MajorHeidi allergy related nasal congestion should not be an issue, just keep things open and draining (kind of gross I know, but better out than in)! by the way I like your weimars, if I didn't have German Shorthairs, I'd probably run them.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom