Guest viewing is limited

THR Plumberbutt's A Hippie 3/26/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok guys, constipation. I can tell you from personal experience that before I started taking pain meds I was as regular as clockwork! Then for the first time in my life I was constipated on a daily basis. I had to discover Fiber, stool softners and the occasional laxative. This has been going on for the last 2 years. I have tried everything, Miralax, Metamucal, Benefiber, Milk of Magnesium, so this is my routine perhaps it will help those who are still on pain meds............Go to Walmart and buy the equate brand of senna kote, it is natural. I usually take 2 in the a.m. and 2 in the p.m. It has solved my problem, every now and then I may have to take a ducalex at bedtime with 2 of two of the sennakote. Because I still have L3L4 issues I am sure I will be on the morphine for a while still, so this continue to be my saving grace. Hope it helps with some of you. Good luck........you do what you gotta do, I have had 2 years to perfect my system......
 
Well..."roosters allowed"....LOL!!!!! How about us roosters just "allow" you cackling hens!!!! All's good!!!! @MajorHeidi your constipation is something that I truly was scared about. It wasn't the operation, the pain after surgery, the recovery....it was the pooping part that scared me. Hell...I wouldn't even allow them to give me Milk of Mag before I left as I thought I'd be pulling over in the middle of the boonies alongside the road to go #2. THEN...I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to go (#2) when I got home with all the meds. All I could imagine in my warped mind was having to go in and have them "dig" me out as I would be compacted like a block of cement. After seeing the carpentry tools before surgery in the operating room.....being a plumber....all I was thinking about was the "plumbing" tools needed for the blockage. Oh well...THAT was what I was most scared about this whole hip deal. I guess everyone has to have something.....that was mine.
I had mentioned on MajorHeidi's thread that today I had more soreness than I have had for a while at work....actually came home early and iced and rested. Hope tomorrow is a better one than today. @Cantabrigian Glad I helped you too, just wearing the pants and anything rubbing against incision makes it more sore.
 
Thanks for the laugh and the 'visual' @Plumberbutt :scaredycat::scaredycat::scaredycat:

I had the opposite in hospital....the runs!!!! Pretty awful with a catheter :yikes:
I reduced the stuff they were giving me and now at home I do ok without anything

Sorry to hear you had a rough day....I'm glad you came home and iced and rested

Hope tomorrows better for you
 
Man my gut was tore up all the way up till the surgery, nerves I guess. I was just imaging having a mess while I was under, guess I was empty by then! Hey I was raised in the middle of Alaska, never had running water or in door plumbing, daddy built a nice 2 seater outhouse, you know girls always gotta to the girls room together, when you gotta go you gotta when you are in the wilderness, here in the rural Georgia I have been lucky, more worried about a snake biting my butt then anything else. Brian you put some pretty vivid images out there, that would make me more scared of compacted then the surgery, glad you didn't share that earlier with the newbies. Man I am exhausted today, I actually tripped today and caught myself on one of the tables, scared the **** out of me, know that I am going to be sore tomorrow with the quick action I reacted to catch myself. Need to pay more attention, I ain't that spring hen right now that I want to be. I was going one way then turned/twisted to go the other and just big feet got tangled up before I knew it...........also about pants, I have my summer wardrobe of maxi dresses and palooza pants, soft, loose and I feel like I am wearing my jammies to work, how much better can that be, and NO RUBBING my double incisions........lucky me. Any one gonna watch the meteor shower tonight? When the kids were younger we would lay out in the front yard in the middle of our 50 acres in sleeping bags and watch shooting stars........ahhhh memories. I'd probably pass out and wake up covered with skeeter bites now! Forget it, how would I get up and down off the ground, that would be a you tube moment......
 
My "numbness" has finally gone to just on left side of incision and not much at that. Noticeably different at Day 19 than Day 16

@GaRosehippy I love reading your posts -- always bring a smile or a chuckle!
 
@Lmflora another great visual there. ha!
@Me2 MY numbness is on the right of my right THR; you mention yours is now to left of your left THR.
I see a connection....
 
Didn't mean to be too "visual", but it really was one of my worst fears throughout the whole process. I know how bad it can be and was scared to death it would happen to me. Like I mentioned in the beginning of the thread, they had me take iron supplement, and then stool softeners, then narc meds, then MOM and more stool softeners. Why wouldn't I be leery!!!
 
I'll have to catch up with the flock next weekend, I have an early flight in the am, won't have much down time till I get home.. Have a great week BS friends
 
Thought I would post my scar.
[Bonesmart.org] Plumberbutt's A Hippie 3/26/14
 
Nice looking scar there, Brian! Glad you are doing well! how are those baby calves doing?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom