Guest viewing is limited

THR Plumberbutt's A Hippie 3/26/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Plumberbutt Wow, you are something else. gone back at 3 weeks, good grief!!!!
Eeeeek!
I am in the camping out all day in the recliner phase Day 5.
I see little milestones like getting on/off bed by myself, and flushing the toilet by myself . Haha really!
My big things this week are bandage removal Thursday followed by immediate first shower!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cannot wait.
Then, Major and Heidi come home Friday. Yippie!

Please be careful and go slow!!!!
 
@Plumberbutt All's well here in Connecticut, except for the weather. We had a beautiful spring weekend but we've got rain now and cooler temps coming. Looks like the nice weather will return when I start back to work next week:) Keep up the good work & don't forget to rest.
 
Hey my friend @Plumberbutt, so glad that you were able to tie your boots today with ease, that can only mean that getting your drawers on are getting easier too! Everyday, little by little we all see improvements, no matter how small it is another step forward. It is so amazing the things we take for granted until we lose them, then after years of pain and disabilities we have this wonderful surgery that we were so fearful of and now it's like we have our life back and we will never again take those little things in life for granted, like tying our laces, putting on our panties or going for a ride. I was given the thumps up today by my OS, sharing that on your site since you seem to have the most followers! I am free to do ANYTHING! Gave me a big hug, autographed my xrays, said I was taller, walking wonderfully, he was even showing me off to other patients that I was less then 6 weeks post op from having BTHR! Those patients were using walkers, canes and limping. I made you proud Brian, I dropped my drawers at the receptionists desk to show a elderly man my incisions, he was impressed. He was wearing a cap and I told the receptionists that my momma used to say "if you see something you haven't seen before you can throw your hat at it"! LOL Okay here's what most of you are waiting for.............SEX..............I asked him out right about SEX, positions......he said there were no limitations EXCEPT for putting my legs backwards behind me, which he said he could not think of any SEXUAL position that included that! He didn't say anything about not swinging from a swing or chandelier! So now with that said it is actually getting to the act, as you can tell it is 10:00, I have had a long day, worked, drove 100 miles, still have a cold so I don't think I am jumping in the saddle tonight! My DH showed my new hips off on facebook, he was very excited that there are no restrictions. I will keep you posted, like previous hippies before use, I plan on using common sense, pain limitations, etc. Hope we won't be disappointed, but again every day is a better day than what it was before I became a HIPPIE! Don't overdo it at work..............Love to all!
@Me2.......Keep us posted on what your visit tomorrow reveals!
 
Yes I do have the very best job in the world ....even if I can't take time off for surgery.


Sheryl from Pittsburgh
LTHR on 4/2/2014
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
@Me2....How was the doctor's visit today? Who can really "afford" to take the time off? I would have used all my leave up 3 weeks ago if I hadn't been working 4 hours a day and trust me it is draining, but I still have a family and bills that wait for no new hips. We do what we have to do. I was just lucky enough to be in a position where I can rest when I have to, put my feet up when I have to and work what ever 4 hours I want, but I worked out of the house during the first 3 weeks, doing paperwork, emails, phone calls etc.... I figure 2 more weeks for as many hours as I can to work up to a full day. My OS said if it weren't for the colds/infection I would have a lot more energy.
 
Oh, life is grand! OS visit today was fabulous -- he did xrays and all was perfect. Funny, he is so proud of his work -- I guess they do really have rewarding job as doctor jobs go! I did have hard time looking at xray for first time - have to really acknowledge that fake parts are now my real parts! I did get femoral head pictures (which did help some with the acceptance crazy 3 a.m. thoughts that I had thought I dealt with before I made the decision), and husband finally got to meet the surgeon and gave approval. He was impressed. But, life without restrictions . . . only advised caution . . . ok'd in water, no cane, good sex (but give great sex a few more weeks), suggested holding off on gym, dental, gyne visits because of infection risk. So, @GaRosehippy, we are both good to go just as soon as we have the energy and time!
 
I really do apologize for not being on here much, but I have been busy AND tired when I get done. I have had a chance to peek once or twice, but haven't been able to keep up like I'd like to. I made it 38 hours this week. First day I left 2 hours early and then made it a full 8 hours the last 4 days. I was pretty tired by the end of the day, but every day got better. I have cut back a lot on the meds and have the pain under control....what little I have, but it still gets sore and thus is why I use them. Today was my longest...I got to up @ 5:15 am and got home at 9:45. I went to work and got my 8 there and then I went and spread fertilizer on some hay ground and got home late. I am tired, but still wound up and couldn't sleep and thought I'd check out BS and use some ice. I'm sooo glad to hear how the rest of you are doing....all my hippie buddies and future hippies supporting all of us!! So tell me gals...how's the sex?? I've been having some sex with the wife, she just wasn't there!!! LOL Oh well, I need some rainy days to catch up on here better, but maybe Sunday will give me some more time. TTYL Miss and love all ya!!!
 
@MajorHeidi You are right where you should be....only a week out and already getting around good!! You sound pretty close to where I was..... @Me2 You are just SOOO tough....no pain....AMAZING!!! I wish everyone was like you....sooo fortunate!!! @GaRosehippy ....you sex crazed woman you!!!!! You AND @Me2 !!!! Or should I say ALL you women!!! LOL :rotfl:
 
Thanks @Dieter ....rooting you on that you have an AWESOME recovery!!! You will, you have a great positive attitude and have read plenty on here to know just what is going on!! It does feel good to push it a bit. I might have done more a few days than what I should have, but it still did feel good. Take care bud!!
 
Hey Brian, I am so glad you had a good week.........on the sex crazed gahippyhussy..........I am just trying to catch up for myself and everyone else, what are friends for?!?!?!? Just wait till you are back in the saddle, we haven't heard from any of the guys on the sex subject so maybe you will be the brave one. Have a wonderful weekend, don't overdo it, try to rest some tomorrow, kick back a little.
 
@Plumberbutt I think you may be overdoing a bit there buddy! You are 2 days behind me and there is no way in heck I could be working those long hours, feeding cattle, etc....seriously? I can barely hobble my way through a grocery store. Thank heaven I work from home and I'm not traveling yet...just don't know how you are doing that schedule!

Take it easy would ya?
 
@Plumberbutt It's great to hear that you are getting active... just don't overdo it please!
I have the feeling that post-op all of us feel that we are capable of more than our bodies should actually tolerate. Don't push it too hard; we don't want to hear that you triee too hard, too soon.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom