Guest viewing is limited

THR Plumberbutt's A Hippie 3/26/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Plumberbutt ... dressing and driving now eh..? :spin:
I suppose this is a time when us Europeans with our mainly manual gear stick cars just cannot keep up lool

And just because rhe docs have fixed your hip doesn't mean that you can go around mindlessly smashing up your hand too lol They don't give extra prizes for that post-op. :heehee:

What is your next milestone on the road to full recovery ...?
 
Good luck at work tomorrow! :yay: I start my longer days tomorrow. One short, one naptime-rest! Its nice to work at home with little ones (child care in my home for 6 + 2 grandchildren + 4 school age). The kids love that I'm taking nap with them! Maybe prisoners won't mind?
To the doctors tomorrow for me to see what restrictions are for next week or so . . .
 
@Cantabrigian I think the next milestone, which I'm working on, is cutting back on pain meds....slowly!! We'll see how today goes...sure could have kept sleeping in....I think the oxycontin kinda winds me up and not good to take at bedtime. How have you been feeling?? Are things getting better? Less pain??
@Me2 I know what restrictions you are looking to have lifted!!! LOL Good luck and looking forward to hearing what they tell you!!
 
The pain doesn't appear to be as bad today. I managed to sleep until 6.00 am instead of the usual 4 before my body called for ice and PKs. Take it as it comes @Plumberbutt regarding the meds... only you can really tell how much pain you are able (willing) to support, so you just have to play it by ear.
 
@Plumberbutt , wonderful news about work. My job is so completely strict, I was told that doc must say I am able to do my job 100% before returning (a week from today). Corporate rule, I'm sure my district mgr will be okay with some short rests for me. Let us know how it goes :friends:
 
Well...went in this morning and started at 7am. Took things pretty easy and boss was EXCELLENT about it...was happy to have me back and I was VERY happy to be back. I did mostly desk type jobs and got along fine. It felt GREAT walking into work as that was when it hit me because before surgery, it was so painful trying to limp in, today was really no pain, just took it easy, the incision was a bit sore from wearing pants, but tying my shoes this morning was a piece of cake...MUCH easier than the last time I had them on...so subtle, but so gratifying!! I did leave a couple hours early as I was getting VERY tired and didn't want to push things so I did only put in 6 hours, but if I sleep better tonight, tomorrow should be easier. Thanks to all thinking about me....it really does help!!
 
Yay! :yay:@Plumberbutt !
Glad you had that good feeling about walking into work today, and knowing how good you felt.
That sounds awesome.
:SUNsmile::SUNsmile::SUNsmile:
Glad they had you doing desky kind of work; hopefully you can direct others on the heavy lifting and getting
real low on the ground?
:flwrysmile:
 
@Cantabrigian Thanks....it helps knowing that people do care...this site is the best!!!
You're very welcome.
Support from family is good, but they often haven't been through all this. This site and the lovely people here have helped me loads too... whatever did we do before the internet...?! lol
 
Where were we before internet? Just like before some of us found this site......we worried and fretted and panicked and felt like we were all alone and that no one had ever felt this way before. We didn't realize that others were afraid to admit the problem, that our bodies were "failing" us, that the pain/limp might never go away, that even if we had surgery it might not work. No one to help face our individual fears of surgery or accept those little indignities that are part of surgery and hospital. We felt silly celebrating putting our "panties" on for the first time or the joy if putting a sock on or trimming our toenails. We wouldn't know the broad spectrum of recoveries or how to moderate our own therapy or drug regime. I know you all know this but felt like answering the rhetorical question and thank again all those who created Bonesmart and all my new friends going on this journey with me.



Sheryl from Pittsburgh
LTHR on 4/2/2014
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Plumberbutt excellent news on smoothly sliding back to work! Just don't get too carried away...there is still a lot of healing going on and, unless your implants were cemented in, bone in-growth to occur for long term stability.
@Me2 you are lucky for your napping situation at work...if Plumberbutt took a nap with the prisoners we would be calling him a different kind of butt...:yikes:
 
@MajorHeidi and @Dieter You are TOO funny!!!! I made it today the full 8 hours. Walked more than I'd like and did quite a few stairs and am sore, but not really swollen and pretty worn out. Still taking it easy, but every day is getting better. I and my hip really don't like the stairs, but I will get stronger. How are you doing @Me2 and @MajorHeidi and @Dieter and @teakea66 and @Dmcfad2 and @Cantabrigian @glmrphy @GaRosehippy and all my other "hippy" buddies!!! I haven't been on here as much now and really miss you all!! I am thinking about everyone while at work and hoping you are all without pain....pre OR post op.!!!! Take care all....gonna go get some ice!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom