Guest viewing is limited

PKR PKR Success - 1 yr out.

@tarajenni, hard to say. I think it’s slowly getting better. I haven’t done anything specific to treat it other then backing off my leg exercises and focusing on stretching instead. I just picked up some kinesiology tape to try and hope to see my chiropractor this week (my schedule wouldn’t allow me to get in last week).

That said, I know I over did it this weekend taking down our pool and other yard work. My knee is not what hurts, but all the other leg and back muscles that haven’t seen that much use over the past 5 months. As a result, my knee is not high on my list of complaints. :umm:
 
How did that k-tape work for you? I just got some today for my left knee at the recommendation of a friend.
 
I love the KT it has helped me greatly! I just finished taping a little while ago. If your PT does it they have different ways of placing it or you can google for different configurations. The strips really help to reduce and keep swelling down. Try it and see what you think, I ordered Rock tape instead of KT it seems to stick better and it’s what my PT used....:) :-) (:
 
@bowhunter8 and @Doupie, sorry it took me a while to respond, work has been crazy!

First, when I was using the KT tape for the inflammation I was experiencing towards the end of PT it helped a lot. I’ve not yet tried using tape for my suspected ITB tendinitis. It’s slowly getting better without it.

Second, @Doupie, it’s great to see you on here again! Missed ya! I’ll check your thread and get caught up.
 
@NavyGunns I totally enjoyed viewing your pics from the gorge!! I remember that one waterfall, and some of the other places in your pics!! Such a beautiful area!!
 
Speaking of NY, my daughter went to Houghton College. We drove through Horseheads to get there.
 
I only remember Horseheads and Angelica.

We lived in southern N.J. and I once drove up to Houghton and back in one day to bring my homesick freshman daughter home for the weekend. :roseshwr:
What you do for your kids, no matter how old they are!
 
@NavyGunns , not sure if this is helpful for you but i spray magnesium oil on my leg muscles every day - very helpful as a natural muscle relaxant while leg muscles are getting a work out just in everyday activities
 
Well, on my way to an all day outing with the granddaughters to an apple and pumpkin festival. Not expecting any issues but we’ll see.
 
Good luck buddy!! Hopefully it’s uneventful, on the knee that is, and you can enjoy time with your granddaughters.
 
Have fun. You know what you do when you get home so I don't have to tell you!
 
@bowhunter8 and @sistersinhim, all good so far, even being on concrete! Festival is in the downtown area of a neighboring town. Carnival rides, vendor booths, arts &crafts, and LOTS of food! Cold though (43).

Girls on a ride:
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] PKR Success - 1 yr out.
    8779BE8A-22C7-4ABA-9344-2B28FDF99530.jpeg
    17.6 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
The girls had fun (including the adult ones:)) and I spent the entire time on my feet without having to find someplace to sit for a bit to rest my knee. :dancy: The only complaint by anyone was the cold. When we left for home it was finally starting to warm up. Couldn’t stay though. But the fun continues at home, the granddaughters are spending the night and want to “camp out” on the familyroom floor. :hiking:

I’ve been told I don’t get the sofa and have to sleep in my recliner. Will seem like old times when I was first recovering from surgery!
 
Why can’t you have the sofa? And how old are the granddaughters?
 
@Jockette, funny that you ask! You’ll get a kick out of this!

The girls are 9 and almost 4. The 9 yr old says to me: “Papa, I hate to tell you but you can’t sleep on the sofa tonight. Chloe and I will be sleeping on the floor and Nanie will be sleeping on the sofa, so you’ll have to either sleep in your recliner or on the floor, but I think you are too OLD to sleep on the floor so you ought to sleep in your recliner”!

Out of the mouths of babes! Just love her! She thinks I’m too old to sleep on the floor so she thinks I’ll be more comfortable in my recliner. I guess she does love me.
 
Grandkids can make your day. Had my grandson last weekend for 2 days, He looked at my scar and asked me if my knee hurt, and I told him it comes and goes. His reply was sometimes he feels a tingle in his knees too, so not to worry cause that’s normal. Out of the mouths of babes huh. Can’t wait for that tingle to go away lol.
 
I don’t have any but children are sooo smart these days! @NavyGunns yours sound so adorable, it’s hell being too old to sleep on the floor...:rotfl:
Keep up the good work with your recovery, you are my knee idol!!!
 
No bad side-effects from yesterday and the only thing hurting is my back from sleeping in my recliner during our “camp out” last night. Helped the girls make popcorn balls which was lots of sticky fun.

Get to treat my back and knee to some more challenges later today as I fly to the west coast for a business trip. Total travel time from home to hotel will be roughly 9-10 hours. Not expecting any issues from my knee, can’t say the same for my back :boohoo:. I’ll manage though.
 

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom