As a retired x-ray tech I have taken and seen many x-rays with prosthesis and yet when I see mine I am still surprised to see the prosthesis as most of the time I do not think about them. Strange how our minds work and wonderful at the same time.
My next appointment? In five years!!!! Unless I have any problems.
What I didn't realize until my appointment is that per my doctor those first three weeks are most critical for the stem to stay placed where he placed it.
... I think it's cool, but I think in 50 years we'll think it's barbaric.
United States
United States
However, I seem to need the discipline of a scheduled workout with weights, etc. in order to get back on my fitness journey (really missing the free weights).
United StatesI think you made a good call on skipping the lake, just don't think I'd chance it either.
Hi @Pink PeonySome forums definitely have more participants but you can certainly start a thread in the other joints forum...some recovered members might weigh in and it may draw some lurkers in....I checked out the other section of this website to see if bunion experiences, but it doesn't appear to have much activity. Not sure if I start a section in other joints, or if anyone has other recommendations on good support sites like this one? This forum was invaluable when I was scared and didn't want to get a hip replacement
United StatesOne thing that is nice about all this hardware is that the next time you fly a plane, you'll go through the special scanner with no line!
United States
United States
Appreciate your feedback on swimming (even in a pool). I will be at least 3 months post op before I start lap swimming again.
Reading what the poor souls endure here suffering through infections, it’s just not worth taking the chance in my estimation. I’d much rather be safe than sorry. You’re making a wise choice.
United States
I do feel like if I get both feet fixed, hopefully I can make my other joints work a bit longer.On all my surgeries, the only criteria was that my incisions be fully healed to get back in the pool.
Reading what the poor souls endure here suffering through infections, it’s just not worth taking the chance in my estimation. I’d much rather be safe than sorry.
Now that I think about it ... if the skin is healed up, then the lake and the pool should be the same, right?
United States