THR Pink Peony Recovery Thread

zauberflöte

alpha
Country
United States United States
@Pink Peony wow you are moving right along! If I'd tried sitting that long at 4 weeks I would have been a hot weepy mess after an hour! Especially knowing there was no break in sight.

I laughed at your "gruesome"! All that infinitely adhesive glue keeps all the nasty dead stuff embalmed under it for far too long lol. Then it finally starts peeling off, and if you're me after a recent surgery, you might have helped it jusssst a tiny bit, you see that you really have a pretty decent looking scar, whew!

OP
OP
Pink Peony

Pink Peony

Country
Day 30

I laughed at your "gruesome"! All that infinitely adhesive glue keeps all the nasty dead stuff embalmed under it for far too long lol. Then it finally starts peeling off, and if you're me after a recent surgery, you might have helped it jusssst a tiny bit, you see that you really have a pretty decent looking scar, whew!
zauberflote - stuff is totally embalmed....:badspidy:. I am just leaving alone, hoping a beautiful tiny scar is healing under there.

Thanks Hip4life for your incision story, I can't wait for the scab to be gone.

cstinchcom, Layla, leejaa, CricketHip and other wonderful community members - you all make this isolating experience so much more enjoyable! The swelling is getting slightly better even with the heat, however I am noticing that my diligence with icing is waning (mostly a function of work obligations).

Thank you everyone for your support. Yesterday was another milestone, I mowed my lawn. I noted that Greg (my same day surgery person) mowed his one day before, which was helpful to read. Thankfully, I have a small lawn, and an electric mower. I was paying attention the whole time to make sure I was paying attention. I am getting to the point where I get up and start walking and have forgotten I had a bad hip. I didn't realize how the pain and limitations become such a part of everyday activities. I have now used the bathroom in my home that doesn't have a riser, and that is still not flawless. The toilet riser is still useful.

Two more weeks until I see my doctor and get those next set of x-rays. That will be the first time I have seen him since a brief moment in post-op.

I have continued to recommend this forum to other people on the fence about hip replacement and someone who is getting a knee replacement.

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
I was paying attention the whole time to make sure I was paying attention.
:heehee: Funny, love this!

I have continued to recommend this forum to other people on the fence about hip replacement and someone who is getting a knee replacement.
Thank you kindly! We certainly appreciate it.

I hope you have a lovely day and weekend. :SUNsmile:

zauberflöte

alpha
Country
@Pink Peony mow lawn wow! Totally OT, but just how small is your lawn, and how much do you like your mower? I want to get an electric mower so asthmatic me can mow our "small-half-acre/large-1/3-acre" yard.

I seem to be finding something interesting in current hippies here. Most Everybody is more comfortable and functional sooner than we were even just 3 years ago, and definitely 7 years ago. Except for Mojo333 who is an outlier anywhere she goes :snork: What is it? Improved surgical techniques? Stronger patients? Something in the water?

leejaa

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
Sounds like you are doing wonderfully. Good job mowing and paying attention. Must have felt so good to do another normal routine chore.

Do you have ice packs you can put next to your hip when working and sitting. I would use an ice pack all the time and sometimes had to just set it next to me and use something to keep it in place like a towel rolled up between it and the side of the chair.

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
jakess61
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom