THR Pink Peony Recovery Thread

You sound as if you are doing very well @Pink Peony
So glad you are feeling your life is getting back to normal.:egypdance:
Free weight lifting is showing me the weak areas, especially while doing squats.
Personally, I would give it some more time before doing this...if you feel squats are helping them perhaps wait before loading with weights.

Almost no lack of strength in my hip/leg, and was even able to do the breast stroke "kick" with my legs.
Many surgeons prefer you don't frog kick because of the loads that this movement causes on joints.
I know I am probably the Nervous Nellie of the forum but just because you can, doesn't always mean you should.
You won't lose anything by giving these things a bit more time.
Time is the greatest healer and I hate to see anyone suffer setbacks unnecessarily.
Hope your week is sweet.
 
Many surgeons prefer you don't frog kick because of the loads that this movement causes on joints.
I know I am probably the Nervous Nellie of the forum but just because you can, doesn't always mean you should.

@Mojo333 - Just to clarify - never frog kick, or only during the recovery period? I appreciate Nervous Nellie, because I don't want to go backward.
 
Seems I remember members who have relayed say that their OS have cautioned them that this is a kick they should always avoid, but I wasn't given any restrictions with my bilateral THR.
I just know the water therapy can be very helpful (and I'm part fish:) :-) (:, love to swim) but the resistance and this type of kick can be stressful on new hips.
I don't swim laps as much as recreational swimming, but I have frog kicked when breast stroking since my surgery.
I tried to avoid doing it out of possibly an overabundance of caution the first year.
You could address this with your OS but listening to your body is also the best way to protect our new hips.
You sound like you are doing splendidly.
:swim:
 
Happy Three Month Anniversary! Thanks for the update.
And to think it’s only going to get better.:yes!:
I hope you have a lovely Autumn. It’s getting really pretty in the Upper Mid-West. Lots of leaves turning and Fall is in the air. Take care and stay in touch!
@Pink Peony
 
Happy Three Month Anniversary! Thanks for the update.
And to think it’s only going to get better.:yes!:
I hope you have a lovely Autumn. It’s getting really pretty in the Upper Mid-West. Lots of leaves turning and Fall is in the air. Take care and stay in touch!
@Pink Peony

Have a lovely fall as well! My brother and his wife spent the weekend in Wisconsin and sent beautiful fall color pics from that area. I love fall in the Upper Mid-West.
 
@Pink Peony The first couple months you are very aware of each "milestone" you pass as you do something that you could not before, or without pain. Then after awhile, you realize that you are no longer thinking like that and you are just doing things like its perfectly normal! Wonderful feeling!

Sigh... I am facing back surgery (got a thread in Other Forums) but I'm just concentrating on all the things I will be able to do again next year!
 
Happy Four Month Anniversary!
Somehow it doesn’t seem so! Four months that is. I hope you continue to enjoy progress and the ability to engage in the things you love. The holidays are almost upon is, unbelievable also, but like most, I’m ready to turn the page on 2020.
Wishing you all the best now and in the new year! :wave:
@Pink Peony
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015

Members online

Back
Top Bottom