Bilateral THR Pinched Nerve in Hip?

I'm sure a big part of the depression is being cooped up. i knew the meds were contributing to the blues because when I started feeling really low, I noticed as soon as I took my next dosage my mood would lift shortly afterwards. I also noticed going out, even to the market, helped lift my mood as well. So, I think my blues were a combination of the two. One can only be a hermit for a short time before feeling very isolated. Remember, this too shall pass. Sending you a big hug from SoCal! :console2:
 
@Cynthia777 , I'm from San Diego! I sometimes wish I still lived there, but I left for safety reasons with my children nearly 20 years ago. At any rate, I did take my Percocet this morning and did not feel any different. I wish my mood would improve with them. I will go out with my pups when they need to go out and enjoy some of the sunshine! I'm not able to drive yet, but even if I could, it would be very difficult to get around. I still need my walker and to get to a scooter in the store, where would I then put my walker? It's been easier to just give my shopping list to my hubby or daughter and send them to the store. I hope this changes soon!
 
I'm so sorry Stacey! Please keep your focus on the fact that you've gone through so much more than many of us here on BS (A bilateral replacement is not easy) and the fact that your surgeries are behind you (no more of the dreadful pre-op anxieties). Sitting in the sun should really help, so sit outside as much as possible (it's helped me a lot). My daughter (age 28) has been staying with us (temporarily) and really has been my saving grace as far as my mood goes, so I know where you're coming from. We are just completing putting a "tiny house" on the back of our property and she will be moving in within the next week or so. I know I'm going to be very lonely once she leaves even though she'll still be close by. xoxoxo
 
You're absolutely right! I need to focus on the big picture and where I will be compared to where I was. I have the same flexibility right now that I did before surgery, with the only difference being that there is no pain! I'm sure that when I start working on my flexibility, it will get much better. Playing with my pups gives me a lot of pleasure. They love you 100% and live to please you! And I made plans to see my oldest son and two grandkids on Friday. I haven't seen them for a couple of months because of germs they were fighting and some conflicts that my son and I have. But I need my grandbabies! We don't give up on each other, he's 32 now. We don't have a great relationship, but I always love him. So now I have babies to look forward to! Another bonus is that I'm losing weight! My husband hugged me and he told me I felt skinny. He brought down the scale and I was down 5-8 pounds since my surgery! I have not been limiting anything so I'm thinking my body is burning off calories while healing? Whatever the reason, I hope it continues!
 
You have much to be thankful for! Look at all those babies you have (both human and animal)! Unfortunately I haven't been blessed with grandchildren yet (if ever), but I am thankful I have a wonderful husband, daughter and Milo my cat. Yes, your "big picture" looks good and soon you will be looking back at what you've been through and be so happy you're whole again. My THR's took a year and a half of my life and now I'm so ready to live a full life again! Hang in there girlfriend, good times are coming. :-)
 
My mood was so affected by my first surgery my doc put me on an antidepressant about five weeks after surgery...still taking it and hoping to wean off of it once I am able to walk without an aid. At that point hoping exercise will help me feel good. Glad you now have a stool outside to watch the dog antics. Nice to have a visit on Friday to look forward to! Hope today goes well.


RTHR 1/15/2016. Posterior approach. Due to AVN. LTHR on May 26, 2016.
 
@jomarie58 , I've been on anti-depressants for a couple of years. I don't get significant mood swings, thankfully! I do get a bit down with the setbacks and lack of improvement. I know it will get better. Actually, I discovered something last night. I took two arthritis strength Tylenol instead of my Percocet. I had less pain than with just the Percocet! If I can keep this plan, I can drive sooner. As soon as I'm cleared from my eye surgery that I'm having in 2 hours!! Never-ending fun.....
 
So, I had my cataract surgery yesterday. Everything went exactly as planned. It was no where near as bad as I thought! I would do it again in a heartbeat!! When my left eye starts to get bad, I'm jumping on it. When I woke up this morning, I could see perfectly fine from my operated eye. I went to the post-op appt and he tested my vision as 20/20 in the new eye and 20/25 in the left eye. Unbelievable! Everything is so much more clear and vibrant. I had no problems whatsoever with the bed they put me in. They put a pillow under my knees, and a warm blanket over me, and did their thing. I didn't feel a thing. When I got done, they gave me a piece of toast and OJ and wheeled me out to my car. I slept yesterday and now I just have to put drops in my eyes 4 times a day. One more hurdle down!! I will say that my hips hurt more today, but I believe it's from all the walking I had to do. I didn't know that they would have come out to get me in a wheel chair! I'm going to rest now and take it easy. Happy day!
 
Thank you! So, now I have a question. I'm sure if @Josephine checks in, she'll probably have the answer. My directions from my doctor state that I'm not to take more than 4,000 mg of Tylenol per day. I find that if I take two Tylenol, I get a different kind of relief than from the Percocet. I tried alternating them yesterday and it was ok, but I feel that I could do better if I take 1 Tylenol with my Percocet. As long as I stay under the 4,000 mg restriction, do you know of any reason that I should not do this?
 
As long as I stay under the 4,000 mg restriction, do you know of any reason that I should not do this?
None whatsoever and that's exactly what I recommend on here. The only caveat is that you check the amount in the Percocet and add it to the whole.
 
Today is my 6 week post-op day. I'm starting to get around a little better. My daughter went on vacation so I have to do my business by myself. It's been challenging! I sell Avon online and have to send shipments everyday. This is not meant to be an advertisement! Just what I'm facing. I have to take the invoices to my Avon room, pull all the items, then go back to my comfy chair to prepare the shipments by putting them in mailers and apply labels, then get them all downstairs for the mailman to pick up. My husband usually does that for me. Trying to get around in the Avon room is challenging with a crutch, so I tend to just take baby steps without the crutch. It's been working, but does make me more sore by the end of the night. But it also seems to be strengthening my right leg, which is the one I have the hardest time with. I would not try to do any walking without my walker or crutches, however. I see my surgeon tomorrow and I will use my crutches this time instead of my walker. The walker is great at home because I have a tray on it to carry things that I need. And when I take the pups out, I only use one crutch. I'm not sure I'd feel confident trying that in public yet. It would make it easier for me to carry my purse! I am also stopping my Percocet as of today. The Tylenol is working pretty well, and I will talk to him about using my Tramadol again, or what he thinks. I notice that while I'm taking the Percocet, my eyes feel like they're "twitching". Not the eyelids, but the eyes themselves. I am also stopping the aspirin today. I was told by my surgeon to take them for a month, but then the PA said take them until the bottle is empty. Well, 6 weeks is enough! I've never had trouble with clotting and I do my exercises. I did not have to wear my Teds after 2 weeks.

So, my newest problem is not being able to sleep. It's so frustrating! I didn't think it would happen after 6 weeks! Even with my sleeping pills or Xanax. I finally got to sleep at 9 am and slept until noon. Needless to say, I'm exhausted! I hope this doesn't last too long. I don't drink any caffeine, coffee or soda so that's not the culprit. My husband is working 3rd shift this week, and I don't like being alone, so that could be part of it. We'll see what happens tonight!
 
I've always suffered from insomnia until my PCP put me on a before bed dose of Xanax (to fall asleep) and
100 Mg's of Tramadol (to keep me asleep). It's worked for many years now and I've never needed to up the dosage. My PCP said the Trazadone is not addictive.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I've never noticed the Tramadol making me sleepy. I know it's supposed to be a side effect, but not so much. My dosage is 50 mg twice a day. I haven't been taking it at all since my surgery, however.
 
@StaceyJG1 I can imagine that having to pull all those orders would be very tiring!

You mentioned problems with your eyes while taking Percocet. I did not have the twitching, but I did have blurry vision up close. Earlier this year I got a new prescription in my glasses and couldn't figure out what could have happened. I never took more than 2 Percocet a day, but when I went two days without any, all of a sudden, after more than 6 weeks, my vision got much better. Weird, but I'm very happy about that. I have found some reference to vision problems with Percocet but hadn't seen anyone on BS mention them before.

As for sleep, I think that's been the hardest thing for me. I'm able to sleep on my side now, but I wake up at least 3 times a night and lately it's taking forever to fall back asleep I feel for you. Insomnia sure makes the nights long.

Hope you have good night and a satisfying appointment with your surgeon tomorrow.
 
@Katiedid2 , the hardest part of the job is standing and walking between the shelves to find all the products. And of course, the shelves have 4 or 5 each so the products could be all the way to the floor!

I wasn't sure that the Percocet was causing the vision problems, but I knew I didn't have that problem before. And I just had my cataract removed last week! My eyes shouldn't be like that. I only need glasses for reading now, and those are drug store readers. Much cheaper than the $700 I had to pay each year for regular and sunglasses! Thank you for confirming what you did about the Percocet.

I'm not going to fight to sleep tonight. I'm just going to work until I know I can't keep my eyes open any more. I can always sleep tomorrow! Lol
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom