Bilateral THR Pinched Nerve in Hip?

Hi Stacey! It's good to see you back, but I'm sorry you're having problems with that hip. I merged your new thread with your original recovery thread. That will make it easier for everyone to see your entire recovery journey in one place.
 
Thank you, @Layla , I didn't mean to sound like I would take advice here over my doctor, I just wondered if I was doing the right things and if a trip to my doctor is warranted. I think I will call tomorrow and talk to a nurse or something.

I think I did remember that Josephine was in the UK, and that's fine. I didn't expect an immediate reply. It's 1 am here for me. I hope I will be able to sleep tonight!

@alexthecat , I didn't realize I had been away for so long! Last year was not a good one for me. I had to have an arthroscopy of my left knee, a stab phlebectomy of my entire right leg, and then in December, my left thumb joint was removed and replaced with tendon. I'm still recovering from that one! I'm hoping for a much less eventful year!!
 
he recommended that I try deep tissue massage
Have a look at this Acupressure massage
A few days ago, I noticed that I had a muscle going from my hip down my thigh that would seem to be cramping.
Would you show me the sites of your pain using this charts, please?

[Bonesmart.org] Pinched Nerve in Hip?


[Bonesmart.org] Pinched Nerve in Hip?
 
I would have to say that it starts at about L1B and S, and goes down the left side of my thigh to about b or c. When I stand on the left leg, it feels like a sharp shooting pain goes down my hip joint, deep inside, and the numbness comes to my foot. The deep tissue massage was from my bursa in the first year. This is not that pain.
 
Hi Stacey. We're you able to get appointment or talking to nurse.
You are a year ahead of me, and much as I know you must be weary of all that medical stuff, I think I would went X-ray done just to ease my mind about prostheses.
Hope you have a peaceful day.
 
No I'm afraid you didn't make it understandable.
L1B and S, and goes down the left side of my thigh to about b or c.
The first references are off the hip chart and the rest are off the knee chart.

Check out the smaller image which is quite clearly marked "each square requires a double reference". This means that every square where you have pain needs to have a number from the top row and a letter from the side. Otherwise I cannot 'read' it onto the chart.
 
Let me try this again! My pain starts at SL1B-TL1B and radiates down to YL1B-ZL1B. It feels like a pinched nerve and when I step on it it's awful! I've been using a heating pad and taking a muscle relaxer and Ibuprofen.

I did speak to the nurse from my spinal doctor's office and she said that most likely it will resolve itself, but if it doesn't soon, I may be due for my next set of lumbar ablations. I got the first set in March of last year.
 
At first, I felt that pain going down the outside, like a muscle cramping. But when it got really bad, it felt more like it was going down the middle of my leg, from my hip joint down. It felt like a horrible charlie horse that just wouldn't stop.

I also noticed today that I do feel some pain in the back of my hip - TL2B. Since I had the nerve ablations in my lumbar, I'm thinking it might be masking some of the pain? I am feeling a bit better today, but not completely weight-bearing yet.
 

So today, I don't have pain, but my left leg feels very weak and I feel like it's cocking strange to the side, but my husband watched my gait and said he doesn't notice any difference. I'm THRILLED that the pain is gone, but what's up with this numbness??? I'm going to try to get into my spine doctor and see if she can figure this all out.

Thank you so much for your insight, @Josephine !!
 
@StaceyJG1 I get numbness from sciatic issues. Do have your spinal surgeon check you. Please keep us updated!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom