THR Phoebie's recovery THR- left side. Uncemented, minimally invasive posterior.

Crazy, huh?!! I think we're about the same age, @benne68 and old teeth crack :heehee:

I was pretty freaked out about it (due to the whole Covid thing being so new) and MY dentist who wouldn't be doing the crown called me and and really calmed me in a very reassuring way. I love my dentist!
 
I got a tooth infection in the first lockdown. In the UK there was no provision for dentists for months. Dentists were forbidden to treat patients and risked having their licences taken away. People were pulling their own teeth out. I managed to track down my dentist who was repainting the surgery as he couldn't work and he prescribed me antibiotics. It was months before I could actually have the tooth repaired.

My dentist told me they had numerous cases of unexplained infections and cracks. Indeed I had had a complete check up about two weeks before lockdown. He put it down to people being stressed and grinding their teeth in their sleep. I mean, I guess I have been pretty stressed over the last few months so that maybe why. The long anticipated surgery, the two cancellations, reading about the procedure and worrying. Then the operation and the initial 'grim' weeks.

I intend to call first thing tomorrow and see what is recommended.
 
I have an appointment with the dentist later today.
 
Long story short. I have a new filling. The dentist said it was just an old metal filling and they tend to crack at some point. It did not reach the nerves and no root canal needed. A new composite filling is looking good.

I explained all of my concerns about infection and the new hip. He was totally reassuring and said it was highly unlikely and there was no sign of infection. No antibiotics but if I suspect infection at any point, I am to call him.

We all laughed at the Greys Anatomy story.

I have to say my hip didn't much care for being in the dentist's chair for so long but it has stopped sulking now.
 
Thankfully you were reassured by your dentist and only needed a new filling. :thumb:
Still can't believe that Grey's episode...what timing!
@Phoebie
 
I still have not watched the whole episode. Probably never will. :) S10 E9 to be avoided by all new Hippies.
 
@Phoebie -that is my biggest fear @ that episode-omg!!!

I hope you made it to dentist & got everything all fixed up so you can continue on your healing journey. :hugzz:
 
Hi all! Did I mention I went back and watched the end of the episode? It was a much more complex situation and not really relevant to general hip replacements. I think I was over- thinking.

I am still limping which really annoys me. I have had a very busy week in Italy trying to get the project finished. Being at the site, rushing around and in long, boring meetings. Why does it take three hours to reach an agreement that should take 30 minutes at best? At one point I had to use tell all the men to 'use inside voices' as they yelled and waved their arms about. One of the smiled at me and said, "But we are Italian". Everything is a drama.

Anyway, apart from the annoying limp I am definitely having back problems. If I walk too far it becomes really painful. I am guessing this is where my body is realigning, and probably I hang on to my stick too tight? Any advice would help.

I'm flying home for three weeks before I come back to Italy for another round of aggravation. I want to take time each day to work on walking without a limp. I do the heel to toe easily in bare feet but less well in shoes. I am thinking of buying some of those trainers that are like bare feet. It is not exactly painful when I step on the operated leg but it is reluctant to take my weight and feels unsteady.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom