Guest viewing is limited

TKR Pheebs52 Recovery Discovery Journey May 22

In so glad you are okay and through the operation. What a shame you had to go through that much pain post op.

I am getting anxious now as I am having my TLKR next Tuesday 19th September. I am enjoying reading all of the posts on this great website.
Good luck for a speedy recovery,and I will join you on the other side next week.
 
I bet it'll take a week or so for your knee to settle down. After all, you've had a M without A! Icing and elevating is the best thing for it.
 
@Pheebs52 I do hope you are feeling much better. Around 3-4 months I had a major ODIC and also felt like I set myself back weeks as you mentioned. Although yours was not from you overdoing anything.

Also, one day at PT they had me try a new move (like a small bridge) and I had a quick rip like Velcro! When you ask about adhesions... I don't know if that was related or not, but it sure was sore and I never did it again. But I also felt I had swelling in that area and still do, but after my own mental therapy, I have convinced myself that the swelling is just part of recovery and pops out like the OS said - because there is no muscle there to hold it down.
 
Ladies, some of you have been posting about your own knees in Pheebs52's thread.
This tends to derail her thread, which should be about Pheebs52's recovery. It's OK to make a short comment about your own knee in her thread, or to write something in support of her, but please don't ask questions about your own knees. Thank you.
Forum etiquette: being polite when posting
 
Good (?) afternoon Smarties! I survived PT and afterwards came home to ice, elevate and nap....sound familiar? Pfft! Today's session was just a heat/ice sandwich (Gary's term) some very gentle massage, ditto stretching, and some sort of e-stim (not TENS) to help push swelling away from Not So Sweet Martha Lorraine. According to him, yes, I did tear an or some adhesions and it can take up to perhaps 1-3 weeks before the swelling/pain dissipates and I am back on track....as if I ever were, eh? Lol. Well, I almost was....remember I had been thinking about lowering my bike seat a few days ago? Yeah...that's not going to happen so soon. So, until all feels much better, I'm back on the old familiar routine, and just ADL's....can't even pedal my bike for a bit; pffft. :censored:

I see a few new faces here and that's always fun! Hello to all. :wave:

So, @sistersinhim, your comment has been validated by Gary and then some; hah! The knee still looks quite a bit fatter from this incident, and no, it is not more flexible (or even flexible) as yet. Still hoping, but not standing on one foot like a flamingo, ya know?

@Polkadot, I am a certified night-owl. I am surprised you don't remember that from our teen years, lol!

@jaschembra...ouch! I'm marking that down. No *bridges* for me! It's good to know others, especially those further down the recovery road have experienced this particular *popping/ripping* phenomenon. Not good that it happened to you, but good to not be alone with this frustrating turn of events. Just when everything was beginning to go so well...*Murphy* shows up with his law. :hissy:
 
Just thinking, today is 16 weeks post-op for me. I wonder if this is the big zag, in that zig-zag recovery chart we've all come to know and love? Hah!
 
So sorry to hear that the setback continues for awhile longer. Good thing is that you are well practiced in the less active phase of recovery --- but how frustrating when things were moving along nicely over the past few weeks. Happy 4-month kneeversary! I know it feels like you are back at the 2 month anniversary but I am very confident you will get back to that good place - and beyond - very soon. Plus, your badges are not revocable. Hang in there :friends:.
 
So did you zig when Not So Sweet Martha Lorraine zagged, or vice versa? :scratch: It is important to maintain good communication with her! Perhaps you can do some additional *bonding* during this current resting and icing phase? :heehee: You know, let her know who's in charge. Oh, wait, that would be her! Ooops! :sigh: Well, maybe she just wants ice cream, since we know that promotes recovery!:wink: In any case, I am sure that you will bounce back quickly, and this will be a distant memory by, ummm, well, next year?! :chinstroke: Hang in there! You were accumulating badges rather quickly there anyway. Need to save some for the next few months. :snork:
 
@Fire wolf, I certainly know who's in charge and it ain't me; pffft! I *should* be used to it by now, but....well, you know, it just doesn't work that way.

@Thesoutherncook, I do believe this time will be a *creeper*, but unlike creeping plants, not very appealing. I find myself wondering things like "How many more times?" Will the rest of my year be filled with more of these *popping* interludes? If so, gah!

@gertie, I just finished reading your thread and now I feel guilty for whining! Thanks for that, lol!
 
It could be a zag. None of us go up, up, up toward full recovery without an unpleasant dip or two. :bored: My Lefty is being all sore after his bendy-pop, or whatever it was. Like you say, more ice and elevation, and a bit of binge-watching something on TV. Everything creeps at this stage. The days of miraculous milestones are, alas, most likely behind us. :tiredwheel: On the plus side - and there's always a plus side - you and Not So Sweet Martha Lorraine get to enjoy some bond-building together time. You will emerge with a better relationship. Probably.
 
Enjoy your bonding time, @Pheebs52 , and let us know what you are binge-watching--I just started using On Demand and don't have a clue what's good. Watching season 1 of Outlander right now.

@SusieShoes, I like your assertion that "there's always a plus side." Pheebs, I can't wait to hear your eventual analysis of the unforeseen benefits of your most recent downfall! You are very good at seeing both sides. :good-bad:
 
@Polkadot, you'll be the first to know if I actually do discover a plus side to this backslide! I'm quite skeptical as to whether or not all *pops* result in improvements, but time will tell. All digits are still crossed and ice and elevation still rule; pffft! I *think* perhaps, the hamstring area is less swollen today. The front, medial side especially, is still a _______fill in with your own choice of colorful expletive.

I just went downstairs for something and foot-over-foot is absolutely not an option; ouch! Backwards was a bit of a struggle as well, but mostly just very tight, not pain per se. As per Gary's orders, I'm just a couch potato until further notice, though I did have to pick up the house a bit for the housecleaner who arrives this afternoon. Nothing heavy, just a bit of clutter.....dog toys, shoes, etc.

I'm more of a reader than television viewer, but do enjoy a few programs. My favorite genre is British style murder and mayhem. We both like "Shetland," quite a bit and just finished another that's set in Wales, called "Hinterland," which is very dark, but well done. "Vera," might just be my favorite; she's brilliant and unflappable! I watch "Bloodlines," on my own because DH doesn't care for it.

I am going to venture out to the food coop, but just for a few things. I do have Gary's stamp of approval for ADL's, and the market is small, so it shouldn't be a big deal. Hopefully, it won't result in more swelling.:fingersx:
 
oh Pheebs52 ~ i empathize with you ~ it's a fear we all, or some of us have, that we're going to have an accident which will set us back and it isn't going to be pretty. you will recover though. we loved "shetland" and also "vera" amongst a number of british/australian/scottish/swedish/mexican/u.s. murder mysteries. i wish they would have had another season of the american version of "the bridge" between mexico and u.s., based on the swedish series. they really left us hanging.:holysheep: hope you made out okay at the food co-op.

has there been any improvement, i.e. lessening of pain? hope so. the rest will come, but you've already suffered enough pain.:flwrysmile:
 
Thanks for the show recommendations--I bookmarked your reply! I promise I won't clutter up your thread with TV talk, but I couldn't resist asking, as I remembered you saying something about watching Bloodlines before. I spend a lot of time reading, too. Dad was a librarian.

Aren't we funny that we have to clean up before the cleaner comes? I think almost every woman I know who has her house cleaned says she does this. Oh, well. It gave you an excuse to move around; probably good for you because you are currently so confined to resting up. I hope the trip to the market wasn't too ouchy. And so sorry to hear that your stair ambulations have taken a hit. When every step forward is hard-won, it's difficult to "back-slide," as you said.
 
@liam2015, thanks for the cyber-hugs and warm, fuzzy thoughts, as always. The little shopping trip wasn't bad at all, just s-l-o-w-e-r than I've been moving lately. I'm happy to say there doesn't seem to be any increase in swelling and today, it has stopped throbbing. It's only ouchy if I push it a bit, so obviously I won't after trying just that one foot-over-foot step down.

Hmmm, how the heck did I miss a suspenseful show about a bridge between the U.S. and Mexico? Can you recall the name?

@Polkadot, lol, my act of *straightening out the house* pre-cleaner makes DH a little bit crazy. I've tried to explain it so many times, but...he just doesn't get it. Must be a guy thing, eh? I think he just expects them to know where everything belongs and probably feels they should do dishes and laundry as well; sigh.

It IS uber-annoying to be bounced backward like this, but I expect it will only be short term. I'm also trying my best to not be so annoyed, lol, since that only raises my BP and doesn't help the knee at all. Grumpy Cat is fun to watch, but I've no wish to become one; hah!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom