Guest viewing is limited

TKR Pheebs52 Recovery Discovery Journey May 22

Have you tried the new bend yet? I think I'd be really curious to see if the ROM was still there! Be careful, if you do!
 
You have been healing and strengthening your knee for quite a while now. While it may feel that you have been thrown back to the 8-week mark, I am hopeful that all the work you have put in--stretching, icing, elevating, cycling, etc--will help you move quickly back to your normal condition. :praying: Fingers and toes crossed for you, @Pheebs52! :fingersx: Also, ((((Hugs))))--or do you hurt too much for that?!? :console2:

PS. As my "twin," you always seem to be a bit ahead of me. But did you really have to show me up by performing your own MUA withOUT the anaesthesia??
 
glad you're at least a smidgen better than last night. we're having gorgeous fall weather here also except everything is green with all the rain we've had this summer, no fallen leaves yet.:SUNsmile: enjoy your weekend ~ maybe you and mistah can find something good on t.v. to watch with some popcorn or nachos and don't forget to throw a few to the pups.:puppysmooze: feel better.:curtsey:
 
I hope that you stay smart enough to take all the time needed to heal. Being pampered for a while won't hurt you a bit. I, also, am anxious to see if this makes a difference with your bend, once the swelling goes down, of course.

@SusieShoes The candyland reference is perfect! :loveshwr:
 
@SusieShoes, I think it feels more like "Chutes and Ladders," than "Candyland," LOL, but I'd definitely prefer "Candyland!" I am slowly climbing back up the ladder today....very carefully, rung by rung. I think I feel like 10 weeks post-op now, so only 5 weeks behind; hah! Still, better than this morning.:tada:

@sistersinhim, would you consider getting back on the horse...er...bike to be testing the ROM? If so, you'll be glad to hear I rode for 10 minutes this morning; giddy-up! While I wasn't able todo my typical 15 minutes, it wasn't too bad after the first revolution and there was a BIG surprise in store for me! Since I began to cycle (not that long ago) I started with forward revolutions and have found backward revolutions quite difficult. I could do them, but it's been a struggle, and really, no fun at all, so I've stuck with forward motion. Today? I boldly tried a backward move and....it. was. easy. Yep, E-Z! :what:

As I mentioned earlier, my hamstrings were negatively impacted yesterday along with everything else. I decided to peek in the mirror after my shower and found I have two, fairly large, new bruises back there/ related to my mishap? I'm thinking probably yes. It's clear, despite soreness and swelling that *something* did loosen up back there. It's definitely more flexible, backwards on the bike. Now, will that help my flexion numbers? I've no idea, lol. :scratch:

Now, @Polkadot, you know I've always had an interest in medicine, so this *procedure* really should have been expected; hah! Remember, Mama didn't want me to become a Vet? I never should have listened to her, lol. If you'd like a complete set of instruction on how to perform a MWOA on yourself, just let me know and I'll be happy to provide all the gory details. :heehee:

Thanks Sandi and Liam! I'll have no trouble following your *ahem* joint advice....:blush: Sorry, I just couldn't resist!

Now, here's what my inquiring mind wants to know: I think it's pretty clear (but I might be wrong) that I have had and do have some adhesions. Yesterday wasn't my first incident that led to pain, popping, lumpy swelling and bruising. Not that I want one per se, but I wonder why my surgeon hasn't recommended an MUA? Even PT didn't think I was a *good* candidate, whatever that means. If these snappy, painful episodes aren't from adhesions, what the heck are they? Curious, eh?
 
Chutes & Ladders! Of course! I'm glad the bike ride went well, it's great that you can now go backwards easily. It is not great that you had to go thru pain to get there. I don't know about the adhesions, but I'm sure that one of the advisors will be along to help.
 
Wonderful for you, Pheebs. It sounds like you haven't been slowed down at all! Does your bend look increased?
 
No, my bend doesn't look increased, but....the knee and just above are definitely more swollen today. I think it's just too early to tell if this will equate to an improvement. I'm not banking on it.....
 
Oh, I am slowed down @sistersinhim. I only did 10 minutes on the bike and rather slowly, versus a speedier 15 minutes. I've mostly had myself in *park* today, so not much walking about at all and I've avoided the stairs other than going down once for the bike. Typically, I'm up and downstairs at least 4-6 x a day. Not today; pfft!
 
I have no idea about adhesions, but my PT celebrates every time I report a "Pop!"--or when she hears/feels one. Her jubilation leads me to believe that while painful, some of these "accidental MWOA's" are beneficial?! (My last big "pop" at home was on the exercise bike at home, when I was still just rocking back and forth, and suddenly without meaning to, I performed a very painful revolution.). Just for the record, my PT doesn't go looking for pops, and she has really gentled her ministrations.
 
RE a real live MUA: Your ROM seems to indicate that you continue to slowly gain motion. My OS discharged me a few weeks after the MUA, when my flexion had reached about 95. He said I would continue to improve, which I have, albeit also very slowly. I'm thinking that's why you wouldn't need an MUA. But you could schedule an appointment to talk about it again. I'm planning to go back at 6 months (my choice) because I do want his opinion on how I'm doing, plus I want him to check out my other knee and tell me what he thinks about eventual surgery on that one.
 
Hope that Not So Sweet Martha Lorraine is feeling better since you tortured her the other day! :heehee: I mean, what has she ever done to you that was SO bad that you needed to give her such an extreme wake up call?! :what: :shrug: So I hope that you did nothing but pamper her since then to make up for it. :ice: :bath::martini::flwrysmile:
In all seriousness though, I do hope that you are feeling better and that the swelling and bruising are decreasing. :friends:
 
We prefer you to stick with the one thread as it then acts much like your hospital notes. Anytime you ask me a question, I have all your information to hand.

However, we can change the title of this thread if you wish.
 
@Dzina If the tight bands are your main issue with recovery, it seems silly to change the thread title. I encourage you to keep the information going. Forget what anyone else says.
 
Last edited:
Hope all is well @Pheebs52. Seems your thread is being derailed a bit, and I just want to bring the focus back to you and Not So Sweet Martha Lorraine! I am hoping that she made a full recovery and that the bruising, swelling, ravioli and sausages have gone down! :flwrysmile:
 
Hello Smarties! It's been a really laid-back, icy weekend for me with "Knees Up Mother Brown," as the theme song. Pffft! It's all still rather uncomfortable (swollen, throbbing) from my bike mishap on Thursday; aargggh. So, not much improvement yet, but I have PT again tomorrow and will see what they can do with it.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom