Guest viewing is limited

TKR Pheebs52 Recovery Discovery Journey May 22

@kmak81230, I saw that today, but it seems a bit vague as yet. I think Jose *could* do anything at this point, but hopefully, he'll just remain out at sea, eh? I wonder if my knee would creak with the drop in pressure? Hah!
 
@Thesoutherncook, Helen, the knee is still not quite where it had been; pffft! It is improving but rather slowly.

Sorry, but I really did LOL when you said your whole body creaked with Irma's remnants!
 
Pheebs I do so hope Jose behaves and stays out to sea! I had to laugh at both you @Pheebs52 and @Thesoutherncook about creakiness... The night before Irma was making her way into the Tennessee Valley I hurt so bad, everything hurt including my thumbs! I even said to DH, I wonder if there is a change in bariatric pressure cause I can't explain this pain....well duh, that's all I had been watching for days since I have family in FL. I can't believe my brain didn't connect the dots. Mid morning the next day as it was pouring it hit me like a ton of bricks:rofsign: I don't remember being so affected before knees by the weather as I am now...go figure:loll:
 
So far, my bones and hair don't hurt, so I'll take that as a good sign that Jose won't be too intense around here. He will be arriving, perhaps tomorrow (?) but I think it's just going to be very windy (30-40 mph) and somewhat soggy few days. Hopefully, I'm right!:fingersx:
 
Glad to hear you may be spared some of the wrath of Jose . . . I hope the wind and rain are not too severe. It did look on the news this morning that the storm had lessened in intensity.
 
Stay safe and hopefully Jose won't cause you too much trouble. Hopefully no extra aches and pains from the low pressure.
 
@Pheebs52 I have to ask you how the walking downstairs backwards goes so when I try it sometime if I am brave enough that I don't fall and end up breaking something. My luck if I fell I would break the TKR knee.
 
@JJ65, it's exactly as it sounds, just don't do it on any stairs without railings. The rationale behind it is it helps train your brain and your knee to perform the bend kneeded for going down frontwards. It's not scary at all; honest! Once you're ready to try it, you'll be amazed at how natural it seems. Just go to the top of your staircase and turn around. You can lead the way down with either foot, but I chose to lead with my TKR side. Alternate feet in a *normal* style. The bend is not quite as much or as intense as it is going forward, but it gives a good stretch. It's a good prelude to when you can perform foot-over-foot frontwards, safely and pain-free. I still sometimrs use it if my knee is being particularly cranky.:heehee:
 
Thanks to all for the good luck vibes and wishes for Jose. I really don't think it'll have much affect at all here (knocking on wood) most likely, just like a typical fall storm. I just hope we don't lose power for a lengthy period of time. After all, it only takes one tree, ya know?
 
Caught up with you tonight @Pheebs52, after another much shorter bit of traveling. Glad to hear you seem to be headed toward real life. I think that we all get to the point where we resume our some of our favorites and must-dos because we NEED to feel a return to normalcy- even if there are some aches and pains as a consequence. I'm so glad your energy and spirits are pretty high, so hooray for you and happy house hunting!
 
Hi @phrog and thanks for that encouragement! Soon, not this weekend, but the following one, I will be following in your footsteps by taking a short trip (4 hours one-way) to view some property. I'm super excited!
 
Yea, you, @Pheebs52!! Can't wait to hear how you do in the car and whether the property is the place of your dreams. I bet you do fine - a few ice packs and a couple of pillows and the excitement alone might carry you along.
 
Oh, the Gerimobile will be all tricked out with everything needed for comfort @phrog! Yep, a regular rolling bastion against discomfort, lol! We'll be gone for 3 nights and though I hate leaving my little fur-pals at home, it must be done. Neither does well in the car. My biggest challenge will be to not worry about them!
 
I think Jose is playing with my knee; pffft! He's here, thankfully not in a major way, but our pressure has dropped and NSSML has been complaining since last night. I despise an unearned complaint, lol. If I'd done something new, like the elliptical, or added time to my walking or cycling, then ok, I can accept this grouchiness. But, I haven't. She's just such a witch sometimes; aargh!

Rant over and feel much better!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Knees and storms, yuck! I guess the knee wants to hide under the bed and can't get out of the leg...

Hopefully she settles down soon. Hurricane season has been quite rowdy this year.
 
Congratulations on the mini-ode to your knee! And good riddance to Jose... watch out for Maria.

Flexion of 110 qualifies you for the Almost There! badge. You're living proof that the slow and steady healing mantra yields results. It might take a while, but you get there. So a big HURRAH!!! :wowspring:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom