TKR Pheebs52 Recovery Discovery Journey May 22

that's great news Pheebs52. i'm sure your upbeat attitude helped you along the way. enjoy your bath and make sure hubby is nearby in case you need a hand getting out.:bath:
 
Congratulations on that superb report :wow:. Enjoy your hot bath and cool adult beverage.
 
Thanks everyone, especially Helen, for being so generous with her time sewing all these badges!

As far as enjoying the bath, well...I hafta be able to get in and out first, lol. I'll do a *dry* practice tomorrow with hubby standing guard. :SUNsmile: If I can't manage it, I'll just have the cool, adult beverage anyway, lol!
 
Congratulations on moving to the fast track! You'll be running circles around the rest of us in no time. :roseshwr::cheers:
 
Hmm, somehow I don't see myself as running circles around anyone, lol, but thanks for the vote of confidence @Polkadot!

It made my day @jaschembra! I was really sweating this visit, certain they'd suggest an MUA! Sometimes, it's really wonderful to be wrong, lol!
 
What an amazing report, look at you go girl!! So you might have to be an honary member of the slow benders. Your PA sounds right on target and glad they focus on function! That bath and wine makes me think I just might have to do the same this weekend, in fact it's 815pm and just 66 degrees here in Chatt town. The tub might feel good tonight. I had to wear a jacket out today, it's been high 80's and 90's all summer till today! Great report and just soak in the glory of it all!:wowspring::loveshwr:
 
@Pheebs52 That is so fantastic!!!! Way to go!!!! Your OS sounds amazing as well! I'm thinking about having a nice glass of red wine tonight (since I don't think the Aleve I've been having will conflict with it :) ) and I am going to raise my glass and toast you. You have the best attitude and you constantly lift everyone up. You completely deserve a fantastic report like this! Enjoy your bath [emoji370]!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hoping your bath goes swimminly, Pheebs. I doubt I could manage a regular tub and haven't been in one for at least 3 years as my knee was very bad for a long time before surgery. . But I have my lovely hot tub on the back porch, two steps from my bedroom door, it has steps in and out and seats of varous heights as well as a lounge to lay back. I have been able to manage it since 5 weeks out. It has spoiled me for a regular tub and we plan to remodel the master bath with only a big walkin shower. No more hefting the leg over the tub wall for my next knee surgery.
 
Last edited:
Good morning Smarties! True to form, today is another bizarre day on the Knee Recovery Planet, but there's good news and puzzling news. I'll give the puzzling news first because...well...it just seems more fun that way!

The puzzling news: When I woke this morning around 7:30, my quad and my entire kneecap are just covered in a light sense of "pins and needles." It's as if I received some novocaine about 6 hours ago and everything is wearing off, but not quite there yet. Really weird, eh? Possibly watered down zingers? It certainly hasn't happened before and I hope it wears off very soon, like in 10 minutes, lol.

The good news: *Ahem* Helen, get the sewing machine ready. I'm sorry, but it's really necessary, lol. Mistah and I did our *dry-run* for the bathtub and I got in and out with no problems at all! YEEHAW!!! I think the entire neighborhood must have heard my screams of delight, hehehe. Now, I'll confess, this never would've happened without my hubby's mechanical mind. I tried a few times and failed because there is no grab bar on the center of the tub wall and the tub lip is very narrow on that side. There was just nothing to grab, ya know? So, hubs being hubs, said, "push the shower curtain out of the way entirely and don't enter from the middle of the tb, enter at the back because the corner area where tub meets wall is large enough for your hand." Voila, 'twas done, and was really fairly easy.

So, tonight, the hot, bubbly bath with a glass of celebratory wine will finally become reality! Cheers!
 
Not yet @gertie, still waiting...maybe a soak in the tub will make them vanish? LOL!
 
Yeah! A real bath! I am so happy for you. You totally deserve the relaxation and the yummy adult beverage. :cheers:
 
Congratulations, Pheebs. Thankfully, a grab bar was built into our fiberglass tub/shower unit and I have not snapped it off!!
 
Yeah for you!! A hot bath is such therapy...with wine of course! So the nurse in me is gonna come out now. Be careful with multiple bubble baths. When I could get in the tub after my first knee I did like 3 or 4 BB'a in a week and ended up with an UTI so be careful. I hope the tingles have gone away!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Pk4tmjsd, alas I have only one grab bar built in at the front of the shower wall! It makes for easy entry/exit for showering, but for baths? Not so much! Poor design and of course, knees were not on my mind when I had it installed 20 years ago; hah!
 
@becticu, uh-oh...many thanks for the medical advice! Perhaps I should confine my bubbles to a nice glass of champagne instead? It certainly sounds safer! I want a UTI about as much as I'd want a root canal.
 
Becky, did you really wear a jacket outdoors in 66 degree weather? If so, you really are a *Belle*, lol! Of course, I speak as one who thinks it's *normal* to swim in 68 degree water. We tell ourselves it's *refreshing*, hahaha! I'm not saying I like it, but that's what normal is around here.
 
WooHoo! Congrats on your achievements, especially the tub! You are cruising along at light speed on the Fast Track of recovery! :egypdance::spin: I can't imagine what is next in store for you. Gymnastics? Pole vaulting? Ski jumping? Snowboarding on the halfpipe? Oh the possibilities!!:yay: Enjoy your luxurious soak in the tub! :bath: I am sure that will feel wonderful! I agree with @becticu about being careful with the bubbles as you are enjoying your bubbly! :heehee: I had heard that it is often better to use bubbles made for kids to help reduce chances of UTIs, but I don't know if that is accurate. In any case, a little cranberry juice added to adult beverages couldn't hurt! :wink::cheers2:
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013

Members online

Back
Top Bottom