TKR Pheebs52 Recovery Discovery Journey May 22

True to form, upon wake-up this morning, "Not So Sweet Martha Lorraine," decided to have fat thigh syndrome. Oh yeah, it's swell-city here. Just 6 minutes of glorious, pain-free cycling yesterday and this is what she does? Her name is most appropriate, eh? TG for @SusieShoes recommendation of the huge ice-blanket from Amazon!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Pheebs52 Recovery Discovery Journey May 22
    IMG_0357[633] Pheebs.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 173
hope the ice pack works! will be doing the same shortly as I have just got back from PT at rehab place. It has become a routine. ( will tell more on my thread later)
 
You may have swelling today, but you had major success yesterday! :yes!: The swelling will go away...ice, elevate, heel slides and ankle pumps to move the fluid...you know the drill. It should not take as long as previously...
since you are so advanced! And your very own new bike! :biking:WOW! Just don't get all crazy and over do it! You inspire me to downstairs and SIT on mine. :wink: Must be time for our bike tour to move along...I'll clump along to the social room and check on our route!
 
New bike! Yay! Take it easy, though. And don't get too good on it right away. I want to have a chance at catching you.:bicycle2:
 
Who can resist that cute face!!!! OMG how precious is Pheebs (that is Pheebs, right?). Yes, ice and elevate today, a leg of the Tour de France tomorrow!
 
since I didn't get any comments or kneeras regarding my now being able to walk downstairs foot over foot, (albeit holding on to the railing) I thought I'd let you know dear @Pheebs52, on your thread, because it was your suggestion to try it backwards first. We know it is a great milestone eh?
 
Ah, that darn swelling, but that wonderful riding made it worth it! You know what to do and that swelling will come right back down. Take a break tomorrow and rest that knee of yours and you're snap right back!
 
Good morning Smarties! First, a big CONGRATULATIONS to @VW54 for conquering the downstairs walking, foot-over-foot! Woot!:cheers: I think the backwards style down really does help achieve this normalcy! Gary Glitter is brilliant for introducing this idea!

@Thesoutherncook, I thought I heard some clumping about last night, but didn't connect it to you, lol! Here's to a less *clumpy* day!:ok:

@Polkadot, fear not on trying to catch up with me on the bike! I am the world's slowest cyclist; hah!

@kmak81230, isn't Pheebs just adorable? She really is and that's not a good photo. She's also 12 pounds of trouble, terrier style; hah! Stubborn, bossy, brilliant, demanding little monster, but full of fun. :SUNsmile: At 14 years of age, she still keeps everyone hopping, lol.

@sistersinhim, naturally, I followed your exact RX for yesterday so I could have a much better today. So far, so good!:yes!: I was basically *recovered* by around 8 last night.:SUNsmile: That said, I think I'll still pretty much take it easy today. No major activity planned, just ADL's and perhaps a short walk. The bike should arrive (unassembled) sometime today. Mistah has tomorrow off and will obviously be assembling.:bicycle1: I think I'll make my maiden run shorter, maybe 4-5 minutes and see how that goes, eh? 6 minutes may just have been a minute too much; hard to say.
 
It is harder riding outside than on an inside bike, so be prepared to cut if short!

I love putting stuff together. I wish I was there to do it for you today!
 
@Pheebs52 Love hearing about your biking successes and glad that the "fat thigh syndrome" is retreating. Post a picture of your bike once it's assembled.
 
Paula and Gertie, this is a stationary, exercise bike, not a road bike. MIstah would love it if you could put it together for him, lol. Therefore, c'mon up![emoji4]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
OK, here I come! Oh wait, I have to cut the grass. Maybe next week!
 
I have an outdoor bike. It is in my building. I haven't gotten it out once this year. So just collecting dust. I hope you like your bike and use it well. I need to get mine out and at least dust it off.
 
@Teri59, you can buy a "Bike Trainer," for that on Amazon (or in a bike shop) so that you'll be able to use it indoors while you are recovering. It's basically just a special stand that converts a road bike into an exercise bike. Very handy in winter!
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom