TKR Pheebs52 Recovery Discovery Journey May 22

Good afternoon Smarties! I just returned from the best PT session yet....heat, massage, ice and SIX EASY-ISH MINUTES on the bike; WOOHOO! Lest my enthusiasm seems inappropriate, please, bear in mind, last week, it was only 2, ouchy/difficult minutes that resulted in ravioli! Today, just the first revolution was *uncomfortable* but the rest were truly easy-peasy. The only reason I stopped was muscle fatigue.:bicycle1:

My exercise bike should arrive on Thursday, just in time! Color me very excited!:loveshwr:
 
I think that your enthusiasm is right in line with your accomplishments for today, if not maybe slighlty understated!:yay: Things seem to be taking a much needed and long awaited turn for the better for you!:yes!::wowspring::spin::egypdance: Pretty soon you will be absolutely unstoppable! :wink: I think you deserve a giant KNEERAH and HUZZAH!!!:yahoo:
 
Thanks guys! As we say here in Beantown, I'm "wicked excited," lol!

Interestingly, I still couldn't make a full revolution backwards; weird, eh? Even PT said it's quite unusual. Oh well, just an "odd duck," I guess.
 
Nothing wrong with being unique! I am proud to be marching to the beat of my own ukulele! Wait, something isn't right about that. Marching? Hmmm, perhaps not yet. But you get the idea!:rotfl:
 
That is so "wicked" awesome!!! :happydance::egypdance:. I think you will really appreciate having your own exercise bike - you'll start to notice bits of ROM improvement and you'll be able to adjust the bike to get additional stretch as you are ready. Plus it's a great low impact way to exercise if you are not feeling up to a huge walk. :biking:Pedal on Pheebs!!!!
 
Good report!! :biking:

Also, regarding the lateral dead zone... mine is still there at nearly 8 months but I had several zingers last night during a 1 hour time frame in the dead zone so I'm hoping that is a sign of reconnecting and life!
 
@jaschembra, sheesh, when we start feeling excited about zingers, I guess we really do want sensation to return, eh? LOL! And....I hope you're right!:loll:

@kmak81230, I think I was about as far away from the pedals as I could be today, lol, but...good form! No hip hiking, and feet flat on pedals.:-) It'll really be great to have my own bike during winter when outdoor walking is either very tricky or basically impossible!

Thanks @Ruby9297!
 
The only time I really notice the numb area is when I shave so I can live with it if it never returns and I know that chance is there. So... I just saw the drawing :wow: you are good!

And, I just finished my first ever 30 min on the stationary bike (3 1/2 miles). Slowly but surely. I had done 20 once and do 15 every day but I was just reading away with all of the BoneSmarties and it happened. Icing and elevating now. You will be here too one day.
 
Great work pheebs! You are in great form to continue our bike and wine tour in France!
 
Sweet! You're really biking along, Pheebs! So thrilled for you...I so want to reach that goal, too. I tried the standard bike at PT again today and still cant do revolutions without lifting the hip pretty far off the seat. But I was able to move to a different model recumbent today that was too hard for me last week. So eventually I'll be able to bike with you.... :cheers: Cheers to your grand accomplishment! :wow::happydance::yay::roseshwr:
 
Thanks everyone! I'm excited to think of pedaling through France again! Hopefully, this time will be without raviolis!
 
Lucky you on the new bike!!!!! I was fortunate enough to have a used one gifted to me, they were going to put out for trash, his brother used it after his tkr and it had been sitting in their garage a few years. It is a small recumbent and perfect for me in my space!!! Right now it is at my mom's where I will begin recovery on Rachel Righty next month!
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom